MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   Street/Strip (https://mustangforums.com/forum/street-strip-25/)
-   -   Mustang GT vs SRT8 (https://mustangforums.com/forum/street-strip/281919-mustang-gt-vs-srt8.html)

PRGT 04-29-2007 05:01 PM

Mustang GT vs SRT8

Yesterday night I was with 3 other friends in the car and when I looked to my left saw this SRT8 that wanted to play so I down shift to 2nd at 40 and both hit it at the same time I don't know why or how but at 115 mph I was ahead by about 2 1/2 cars. I'm not saying that I thought I would loss because my father has a 300C SRT8 and he gets his a** kicked all the time but I had 3 other guys in my car. I talked to the guy later and the guy was impressed and told me WOW thats a nice car jaja and told me that he had a Corsa exhaust. Have a nice day guys.

JasonB 04-29-2007 05:11 PM

RE: Mustang GT vs SRT8

A srt-8 Charger willbeat a stockmustang gt, my magnum r/t can hang with a mustang gt in a race and I can top end him, and thats my 4100 pound daily driver.....

Once you start modding the mustang then its a whole different game, but stock, your gonna lose, its very hard to mod these cars, I have not even touched my srt-8 and the mods I have done so far to the magnum have costed a TON for little gain....

Main reason im trying to get my hands on a GT500... these mustangs are just incredible to mod.

donnyonee 04-29-2007 05:24 PM

those magnum gts are boats!!

toooot! toooot!

moosestang 04-29-2007 05:47 PM

I thought you said it was a magnum r/t, not the same as srt8 right?

ORIGINAL: JasonB

A srt-8 Charger willbeat a stockmustang gt, my magnum r/t can hang with a mustang gt in a race and I can top end him, and thats my 4100 pound daily driver.....

Once you start modding the mustang then its a whole different game, but stock, your gonna lose, its very hard to mod these cars, I have not even touched my srt-8 and the mods I have done so far to the magnum have costed a TON for little gain....

Main reason im trying to get my hands on a GT500... these mustangs are just incredible to mod.

05gtdriver 04-29-2007 06:02 PM

ORIGINAL: moosestang

I thought you said it was a magnum r/t, not the same as srt8 right?

Yeah, what gives? Do you have an SRT-8 or as your pic implies a R/T? Pull in a GT with a R/T? I don't think so, but then again all the R/T Chargers, Magnums and 300Cs I've come across have only seen my rear bumper(from more than a few car lengths). But what do I know.............?

06SaLeEn 04-29-2007 06:30 PM

, my magnum r/t can hang with a mustang gt in a race and I can top end him,

No it cant. Unless your not stock.. A stock Magnum R/T 0-60 in 6 sec. So right there you can't hang with him. 0-60 stock gt 5.0-5.2 range.
Magnum in a 1/4 14.5 (which I have set to see) but possible. Mustang Gt stock time 13.5 ( most do 13.7-13.8, but13.5 happens more than the 14.5 for the magnum) So your about a sec slower (more like sec and half) than a Gt and you think you can hang with with a Gt? Heck a SRT8 Magnum is rated at 13.5 which is more on par with a Gt. But to defend Dodge, Equal Drives, a SRT8 CHARGER will Edge out a S197 GT. Since a SRT8 Charger is about .5-.7 sec faster than a Stock Gt in the 1/4 miles

JasonB 04-29-2007 06:34 PM

I have both, charger srt-8 and a magnum r/t
Bought the maggy back in 05 as a daily driver and picked up a srt-8 charger about 6 months ago, 900km on it so far.

The maggy wont pull them from a start, it loses off the line, thanks to the puter you only get 80% of wot in 1st gear even if you floor it lol, but it will slowly start to catch up when you get up in speed, from a roll neither will really pull you kind of just keep distance, my maggy is not a total stock boat either so that counts for something, intake, long tubes, high flow cats, cat back, custom tune.Its really hard to mod these cars, there are some head/cams out there, some promise upwards of 100rwhp but its costly as hell, to buy and install, and you still fight the computer every step of the way, the superchargers dont work, quite a few hemis have gernaded cause of air fuel ratios..

I think stock for stock the stang would probably pull away but it wouldnt be by much,My opinion of the stangs are they are an awsome platform, you buy one, then mod the crap out of it until its scary fast, like the fbodies used to be like.

also bear in mind its not like we are talking 1/4 mile track times....... im talking unused highways probably a good mile if not longer race, live up north.. plenty of flat empty roads lol

06SaLeEn 04-29-2007 06:37 PM

I have both, charger srt-8 and a magnum r/t
Bought the maggy back in 05 as a daily driver and picked up a srt-8 charger about 6 months ago, 900km on it so far.

The maggy wont pull them from a start, it loses off the line, thanks to the puter you only get 80% of wot in 1st gear even if you floor it lol, but it will slowly start to catch up when you get up in speed, from a roll neither will really pull you kind of just keep distance, my maggy is not a total stock boat either so that counts for something, intake, long tubes, high flow cats, cat back, custom tune.Its really hard to mod these cars, there are some head/cams out there, some promise upwards of 100rwhp but its costly as hell, to buy and install, and you still fight the computer every step of the way, the superchargers dont work, quite a few hemis have gernaded cause of air fuel ratios..

I think stock for stock the stang would probably pull away but it wouldnt be by much,My opinion of the stangs are they are an awsome platform, you buy one, then mod the crap out of it until its scary fast, like the fbodies used to be like.

also bear in mind its not like we are talking 1/4 mile track times....... im talking unused highways probably a good mile if not longer race, live up north.. plenty of flat empty roads lol

Well you being modded changes my whole point

JasonB 04-29-2007 06:39 PM

Ya sorry, forgot to mention that in my first post lol, my bad,ive had it modded for a while now sosometimes it just slips my mind lol

blackout 04-29-2007 07:04 PM

A magnum R/T wouldn't stand a chance against a GT, let alone a Magnum SRT-8. Those two cars are slugs and from a dig dont stand a chance as from experience.

I raced a SRT-8 Magnum from a dig three times and took home 100 cash because he wouldn't keep his big mouth shut. That is needless to say he went home with his mouth shut and with a lighter wallet.

-Jeff