Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

What do you call the opposite of a sleeper?

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2007, 03:48 PM
holycrapitshassell
1st Gear Member

Default What do you call the opposite of a sleeper?

well with jap cars, they call them ricers, but what about american sports cars? (there is a race in here, dont worry, lol) i know it's just personal preference, but i'm not a fan of putting SS badges and body kit on a v6 camaro, WS6 on the firebird, or the millions of unmodified v6 cobra and saleen lookalikes running around here. the only reason it comes up is because i wont race anything unless its a car i think is cool. z06's, saleens, lambos, anything rare or fast, because i just like seeing them in action, you know?

anyway,... point is, i was on my bike last night, havent ridden in weeks and i pull up to the light and theres a mustang. i get closer and the reas bumper says cobra...sweeeet. its got the 03-04 cobra spoilerish lookin dealie and everything and the freakin liscense plate says TRMNTR...come on!! well i didnt hear anything at idle, but didnt think anything of it (ive got a really quiet helmet) light turns green, i take off like normal and he floors it, lol like every other jackass does when they're on side of me. so i give it just enough gas to where im not explicitly breaking the law when i notice his car doesnt have the "sperm whales humping" sound of the supercharger. so w/e i punch it and leave him, and we're talking about like a football field between us in a few seconds. well i park at the mall (where i was going) and he follows and parks beside, and i asked him if his car was missing a few pieces because terminators dont usually give up that much distance to a 600, just in fun, lol. he smiles and says naw man, its a v-6, looks pretty good huh?:-D yea man, real good :-p

on a side note, there was a sweet gallardo parked at a coffee shop nearby that i had to go check out. not many of those at all around here
Old 06-02-2007, 03:56 PM
67mustang302
6th Gear Member

Default RE: What do you call the opposite of a sleeper?

I think the term you're looking for is poser
Old 06-02-2007, 04:01 PM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

buttsecks
Old 06-02-2007, 04:19 PM
cassidymustang
4th Gear Member

tool bag
Old 06-02-2007, 05:54 PM
WRXtranceformed
5th Gear Member

Wannabe / poser are the two words that come to mind.

I don't really have much room to talk. When I had my old WRX, I installed an STi hood scoop and air splitters (go on the left and right side of the front bumper) because they looked better / more aggressive. I didn't do the wing though, nor put on all of the STi badges.

When I bought my STi, I actually switched out its sideskirts for my stock WRX sideskirts w/ JDM flares because I thought they look better. And I am guilty of putting on some JDM STi Type RA badges on my STi, but only because they're carbon fiber and uber expensive... and I got them for free. [8D]
Old 06-02-2007, 05:55 PM
90lxstang
4th Gear Member

The term "Rice" isn't limited to only imports. Domestic cars can be rice too. And that covers the category of poser and tool bag
Old 06-02-2007, 05:56 PM
90mustang5.8
I ♥ Acer

ya poser/
Old 06-02-2007, 07:56 PM
CobraSnake
5th Gear Member

what color was it???
Old 06-02-2007, 09:04 PM
06SaLeEn
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: WRXtranceformed

I don't really have much room to talk. When I had my old WRX, I installed an STi hood scoop and air splitters (go on the left and right side of the front bumper) because they looked better / more aggressive. I didn't do the wing though, nor put on all of the STi badges.

When I bought my STi, I actually switched out its sideskirts for my stock WRX sideskirts w/ JDM flares because I thought they look better. And I am guilty of putting on some JDM STi Type RA badges on my STi, but only because they're carbon fiber and uber expensive... and I got them for free. [8D]

I hope people dont think I am a poser for putting a S/C Saleen Hood and spoiler on my car? I just order them. Oh well!!

When you got as much Hp as you do you can do what ever you want!
Old 06-02-2007, 11:30 PM
WRXtranceformed
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 06SaLeEn

ORIGINAL: WRXtranceformed

I hope people dont think I am a poser for putting a S/C Saleen Hood and spoiler on my car? I just order them. Oh well!!

When you got as much Hp as you do you can do what ever you want!
Ha ha true, as long as you have the bite to back up the bark right?

Quick Reply: What do you call the opposite of a sleeper?