Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Z06 domination!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 12:44 AM
straitwangin
4th Gear Member

Default Z06 domination!!

I was filling up at an oasis, and a c5 z06 pulls up with a big cam pulls up, older guys gets out, i say nice car and ask how much hes putting down. He replies with, "more than enough" i say yeah she sounds nice, wanna run? He says shure just for fun. Im in the mood to have a little fun, so we take off down the on ramp, line up at about 50 and he exhaust honks 3 times, i pull the front wheel in 2nd gear and take off front end slams down i hit 3rd and shes comes up again.I vagley hear his exhaust and leave him in the dust. I finally shut it down at 140 leaving the vette way behind me.

I tell you there is no greater feeling on raping the **** outa a car that was more than10x the price of my bike.

Figure u guys would wanna hear about an ls1 owner getting put in his place. Even though it was just for fun.
Old 06-13-2007, 01:09 AM
JD1969
Pro. B.S. caller outer

Default RE: Z06 domination!!

ORIGINAL: straitwangin

I was filling up at an oasis, and a c5 z06 pulls up with a big cam pulls up, older guys gets out, i say nice car and ask how much hes putting down. He replies with, "more than enough" i say yeah she sounds nice, wanna run? He says shure just for fun. Im in the mood to have a little fun, so we take off down the on ramp, line up at about 50 and he exhaust honks 3 times, i pull the front wheel in 2nd gear and take off front end slams down i hit 3rd and shes comes up again.I vagley hear his exhaust and leave him in the dust. I finally shut it down at 140 leaving the vette way behind me.

I tell you there is no greater feeling on raping the **** outa a car that was more than10x the price of my bike.

Figure u guys would wanna hear about an ls1 owner getting put in his place. Even though it was just for fun.
How did you put him in his place? Your on a bike for crists sake, it had better win.
Old 06-13-2007, 01:16 AM
straitwangin
4th Gear Member

Cmon JD, im use to driving my v6. I couldnt have any fun with that.

According to otheres, i should be able to keep up with 500+ horse cars. Running the mid 10's in the quarter.

Ive givin up on cars, bikes are the only way to.
Old 06-13-2007, 01:20 AM
JD1969
Pro. B.S. caller outer

Your R6 should run mid 10's with ease, better once that swing arm is on and downrightignorant on a 70 shot.
Old 06-13-2007, 01:24 AM
straitwangin
4th Gear Member

Im still depating on the swing arm and the gas. The new R1 is looking real nasty and calling my name. Ive seen some guys running thoes mods on dropped and streched R1's running low 9's.

It depends on how much money i make this summer on weather or not i have to keep the r6 or upgradeto the 1000. And theres alwasyt that little thing on insuring a 18 year old on a liter bike. But ill see what happens. I still havent seen your maro around the streets of plainfield/naperville. Is she still sleeping?
Old 06-13-2007, 01:26 AM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

i'd be more surprised if you didn't win on your BIKE
Old 06-13-2007, 01:31 AM
JD1969
Pro. B.S. caller outer

Im still depating on the swing arm and the gas. The new R1 is looking real nasty and calling my name. Ive seen some guys running thoes mods on dropped and streched R1's running low 9's.

It depends on how much money i make this summer on weather or not i have to keep the r6 or upgradeto the 1000. And theres alwasyt that little thing on insuring a 18 year old on a liter bike. But ill see what happens. I still havent seen your maro around the streets of plainfield/naperville. Is she still sleeping?
I was actually out that way on Saturday. I might try and hit up the cruise night in Plainfeild soon as well. BTW there is a big car show all weekend in Joliet, right on the river. We will have the dyno there $75 for three pulls, if you know anyone who might be interested.
Old 06-13-2007, 01:35 AM
straitwangin
4th Gear Member

It takes a lot of money just to hang with a 600. There is no better feeling that the front end comming up under hard acceleration.
Old 06-13-2007, 01:38 AM
straitwangin
4th Gear Member

[blockquote]quote:

Im still depating on the swing arm and the gas. The new R1 is looking real nasty and calling my name. Ive seen some guys running thoes mods on dropped and
[blockquote]streched R1's running low 9's.

[/blockquote]
I was actually out that way on Saturday. I might try and hit up the cruise night in Plainfeild soon as well. BTW there is a big car show all weekend in Joliet, right on the river. We will have the dyno there $75 for three pulls, if you know anyone who might be interested.
Let me ask around see if anyone needs a tune. Mine reallly could use one becasue its running rich. But i would need a programmer to accomplish this, and im not about to dish out 300 bucks for the Pc3.

Where bout in Joliet? Admission? Just muscle cars? [/blockquote]
Old 06-13-2007, 01:39 AM
MrRogers
5th Gear Member

Yeah thats great but you didn't race a LS1. The C5 Z06 has the LS6. But besides that, why would he race a bike...apples and oranges. Oh well...good kill I guess.[&:]

Quick Reply: Z06 domination!!