Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Me vs Civic with swapped motor

Old 06-28-2007, 04:09 PM
Red Turbo Integra
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Me vs Civic with swapped motor

ORIGINAL: MarineCorps03GT

ORIGINAL: Sap

Depending on what year Civic it was, he might have only spent $5,000 on the whole setup. You can get Civic hatchbacks for well under $3,000 and an RSX-S motor probably isnt no more than $2500 or so.
Hey why don't you shut the hell up and let me enjoy my victoryhaha just kidding. But one thing that's still sad is all that time he invested in the car. Those little cars are hard to work on... everythings hidden and cramped up.

I know what you're saying about a fast,cheap, setup... I'm buying a rebuilt title 04Mach (perfect frame, had it checked out) for $7k and throwing about $4k into it and hoping for high high11's. I can't wait to run a Ferrari or something haha $11k vs $ALOT yet it's faster...

Are you kidding? Hondas are some of the easiest cars to work on, at least in my opinion, and on my integra. Everything is right there for the most part. I'm not a mechanic, but some of my friends are pretty handy and they just swapped me in a motor. They had the motor out of my car ina little morethan an hour and back in in about an hour with the most time bieng taken on swapping things off my old motor and putting it on my new motor. It seemed like it was a mostly stock motor in the civic. If that's all it was then it probably only took him or whoever did it less than 6 or 7 hours so he doesn't really have a whole lot of time wrapped up in it if you don't consider some brackets and mounts he may have needed to look for. Good kill and all, but you don't really hear of a lot of V8 owners bragging about killing an N/A four banger by less than a car, especially because the motor and car are stock for all intensive purposes.
Old 06-28-2007, 08:29 PM
MarineCorps03GT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Derf00

Much of an ego there?
At that moment my ego was about as big as our engines.Hahajust kidding but you knowit feels good to race and beat someone in a nicer car while a cute girl is watching.
Old 06-28-2007, 09:55 PM
WRXtranceformed
5th Gear Member

Did you get some *** at least ??
Old 06-28-2007, 11:31 PM
corners
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Red Turbo Integra

ORIGINAL: MarineCorps03GT

ORIGINAL: Sap

Depending on what year Civic it was, he might have only spent $5,000 on the whole setup. You can get Civic hatchbacks for well under $3,000 and an RSX-S motor probably isnt no more than $2500 or so.
Hey why don't you shut the hell up and let me enjoy my victoryhaha just kidding. But one thing that's still sad is all that time he invested in the car. Those little cars are hard to work on... everythings hidden and cramped up.

I know what you're saying about a fast,cheap, setup... I'm buying a rebuilt title 04Mach (perfect frame, had it checked out) for $7k and throwing about $4k into it and hoping for high high11's. I can't wait to run a Ferrari or something haha $11k vs $ALOT yet it's faster...

Are you kidding? Hondas are some of the easiest cars to work on, at least in my opinion, and on my integra. Everything is right there for the most part. I'm not a mechanic, but some of my friends are pretty handy and they just swapped me in a motor. They had the motor out of my car ina little morethan an hour and back in in about an hour with the most time bieng taken on swapping things off my old motor and putting it on my new motor. It seemed like it was a mostly stock motor in the civic. If that's all it was then it probably only took him or whoever did it less than 6 or 7 hours so he doesn't really have a whole lot of time wrapped up in it if you don't consider some brackets and mounts he may have needed to look for. Good kill and all, but you don't really hear of a lot of V8 owners bragging about killing an N/A four banger by less than a car, especially because the motor and car are stock for all intensive purposes.
I was going to say something similar. Obviously, this guy doesn't have experience working on different cars and is not a "car" lover. I do know from personal experience, you can change a clutch in a civic much faster than you can change the plugs and wires on an LT1. They are surprisingly not cramped for space.

Believe it or not, some people enjoy working on cars as a hobby.
Old 07-03-2007, 08:44 PM
Civic4doorsleeper
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Black*Death

ORIGINAL: blacllkllsi

well the 02-05 Civic Si had the K20A3 with a 5 speed manual making 160hp andI forget how much torque. I want to say around 130tq. The base RSX had the k20A3 also. The same year RSX-S had the K20A2 with the VTEC making 200hp and a 6 speed. I've seen 02-05 Civic Si's in the low 13's on all motor with the K20A2 and bolt ons. Thats the one the civic guys are swapping in. Put that motor in a lighter shell than an 02-05 Civic Si hatch and you will run low 13's to high 12's all day. The VTEC is what?????................madness.
I can make a go-cart run high 11's too but that doesn't make it a cool ride. That's what ricers don't get. A fast grocery getter is still a grocery getter! Notice who had the chick in their car? Stang driver of course. I have never met a girl who got excited about a riced vehicle but plenty who love stangs, vettes and to a much lesser extent camaros

Old 07-03-2007, 08:49 PM
GT/SRT
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 94Blk5.0

Imagine... All that time and money into a glorified economy car, and it is still not up to par with a S197 .
Yeah that's funny and all...but don't you think people with nicer cars than mustangs say the same thing...
Old 07-03-2007, 09:25 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 94Blk5.0

Imagine... All that time and money into a glorified economy car, and it is still not up to par with a S197 .
Says the kid with the 13 year old 15 second car.
Old 05-12-2008, 02:14 PM
Ato
4th Gear Member

I used to have a 95 civic w/ a semi built engine plus the usual bolt on pushing around 200 at the crank. I used to suprise a lot of people w/ that car and it's 8500 redline, especially w/ 4 dours.
Old 05-12-2008, 03:29 PM
DS002
3rd Gear Member

****in awesome, remind me to give a ****. Now heres a fun fact youre a jackass for bumping old *** threads to tell mustang owners about your econo sedan gone racecar.
Old 05-12-2008, 04:03 PM
silverstang1996
5th Gear Member

What's wrong with a fast civic? You guys make fun of it saying "haha it's a grocery getter, or a economy car" well we got our cars to go fast or else we would of gotten a V6 right? Poeple who buy civics or any other import out there for that matter and do right work are no different really. It's just guys with motors twice the size that are just jealous that a car like that can actually run with them, who cars what it is, if it goes fast that is what would matter to me, or else like i said earlier I would of gotten a V6. It just depends on what poeple prefer, I wouldn't mind it in anyway just to see that faces I'd get when my little souped up 4 banger would blow away a V8.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Me vs Civic with swapped motor