Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Killed two stangs with one stone

Old 07-03-2007, 01:54 AM
jt14894
2nd Gear Member

Default Killed two stangs with one stone

Ok. I gotta double kill story for you all.

So, I was heading to downtown Tampa to meet up with some friends and so I got on I-275 and headed south.
I as I was cruising along, I noticed this yellow 2005+ GT coming up and passing me by.
I was digusted at how this thing looked because it was a ragged piece of junk, which was sad. As it pulled forward in front of me, I noticed that the back bumper had all kinds of scratches and black markings and its duck wing spoiler, on the trunk portion, was gone. It continued moving up through traffic and then I noticed another 2005+ Mustang (mineral grey) pull up behind and beside me. This thing was a riced out piece of junk too. He had white racing stripes, a tacky ground effects body kit, multi-spoke ghetto looking rims, and dual exhausts.
He paused for a second or two and then all of a sudden gunned it. Immediately, I knew it was a V6 automatic by the tone of his exhaust and how it down shifted so I said to myself "Eh! Whatever!". Then I noticed him pass the POJ yellow stang and so the yellow POJ got behind him and they started to speed up. I then said to myself "Oh! Its on now!!", so I down shifted and started to quickly accelerate, but then a mini-van pulled into my lane so I had to slow down a bit and wait for it to move over.
I thought, I was going to lose them, but after the mini-van moved over they weren't that far away so then I down shifted again and quickly caught up to the grey and the yellow mustangs running right beside each other. The yellow mustang saw me pull up real fast behind the grey one and so he quickly moved to the right most lane, for some unknown reason, and then I moved into the center lane. The guy in the grey stang hit the gas again and so I quickly down shifted and the race was on. I quickly overtook the grey stang and shifted lanes front of him to get by a small pickup in my lane. After I shifted lanes and started to pull away, I could see the yellow stang trailing behind me, a few car lengths away, pass the grey stang. As the yellow stang and I pulled away from the grey stang, the yellow stang trailed me by several car lengths, but was never able to catch up. We hauled butt down I-275 for about a mile and a half until we started to come up to a patch of cars. I slowed down and so, by that time, I had already won. The yellow stang pulled beside me and I guestured to the guy, by pointed back towards the grey stang trailing about 200 yards away, that he was a worthless and we kicked his butt. The yellow stang pulled ahead and got off an exit while I continued driving south. The grey stang was still trailing yards away, but never got any closer as we were back to interstate traffic speed.
Rarely do I ever get challenged while I'm driving my Stang so it was a nice rush to get a double kill.
Yeah boyeeeee!! BRING IT ON!!!
Old 07-03-2007, 11:30 AM
Ryan86272
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Killed two stangs with one stone

Good Kills. Personally i would NVR race on 275 lol thats all i see are cops there.. and when ever i drive there its rush hour and you cant move n e where[:'(]
Old 07-03-2007, 12:02 PM
jt14894
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Ryan86272

Good Kills. Personally i would NVR race on 275 lol thats all i see are cops there.. and when ever i drive there its rush hour and you cant move n e where[:'(]
Thx! Yeah. I-275 can be busy, but surprisingly, the traffic was pretty light. It was around 7:30PM and, in that short stretch of a mile,the lanes were clear except for a maybe a few cars spread out from each other.
I wouldn't have done it if there was high volume of traffic, but when I knew I had them beat I slowed down because, like you said, there was a cop leading a pack of cars. He was going a little under the speed limit and, of course, nobody had the ***** to pass him. Idiots!
Old 07-03-2007, 02:00 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Your story is too long. I got tired and gave up.
Old 07-03-2007, 04:58 PM
jt14894
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: moosestang

Your story is too long. I got tired and gave up.
Too long? Oh well.
I wouldn't go into so much detail if it wasn't true.
But since you'retoo tired to read, I'll be niceenough togive youthe short, concise, abbreviated, brief, compact, zipped, compressed, teeeeeny tiny, condensed, in-a-nutshell, andsummarizedversion.

I killed two stangs with one stone.
Old 07-03-2007, 05:00 PM
P Zero
5th Gear Member

V-6 stangs.........sllllloooooooooowwwww. Hell a stock probe GT would walk one easy. As for the ratted out 05, those are the ones you usually have to watch out for. Guys like that put all their money in to the drivetrain, etc. And dont care much for bodywork.
One of the fastest cars Ive seen was a primered out galaxie 500. The car looked like absolute **** but goddamn was it fast.
-P.
Old 07-03-2007, 05:03 PM
98LS1
6th Gear Member

[hijack]I thought the new S197 style 6'ers were pretty peppy. I rode in one...and then raced it. FTW![/hijack]
Old 07-03-2007, 05:09 PM
jt14894
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: P Zero

V-6 stangs.........sllllloooooooooowwwww. Hell a stock probe GT would walk one easy. As for the ratted out 05, those are the ones you usually have to watch out for. Guys like that put all their money in to the drivetrain, etc. And dont care much for bodywork.
One of the fastest cars Ive seen was a primered out galaxie 500. The car looked like absolute **** but goddamn was it fast.
-P.
Yeah. I don't know what at that guy in that V6 was thinking or smokin'. He wanted to bring it so I brought it and kicked his a$$ for thinking he could hang. As for that yellow GT, I've seen that car around town before. Itdoesn't look like the guy takes care of it because its just a piece of junk. He just didn't seem like good driver either.

That's anice 69 Boss 429 by the way. I like that picture. Very nice!
Old 07-03-2007, 09:58 PM
scg87
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jt14894

-P.
Yeah. I don't know what at that guy in that V6 was thinking or smokin'. He wanted to bring it so I brought it and kicked his a$$ for thinking he could hang. As for that yellow GT, I've seen that car around town before. Itdoesn't look like the guy takes care of it because its just a piece of junk. He just didn't seem like good driver either.

Dude, those new 4.0 V6 Stangs are torque-monsters...... didn't you get the memo, lol.

BTW, Nice Z

Old 07-03-2007, 10:00 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: scg87

ORIGINAL: jt14894

-P.

Dude, those new 4.0 V6 Stangs are torque-monsters...... didn't you get the memo, lol.

BTW, Nice Z

It's true, ask the guys that drive em, they'll tell ya

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Killed two stangs with one stone