Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

my buds LS1

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2005, 09:07 PM
DILO2001GT
I ♥ Acer

Default my buds LS1

last night i was in his car and he raced a Porche twin turbo Carrera 4s and it beat him by 2 car lengths from a dead stop but it was friggen cold and he got no traction and SPUN through fourth gear and the Porsche didn't spin at all. They guy at the garage i work at said those things are all traction and are fast as hell but i am 100 percent sure my buddies 02 SS woulda smoked him and then we went on the highway and raced a WRX wagon that was gutted and had a **** load of work done and my buddies SS smoked him by alot but the WRX held on for like 15 mhp which i was surprised cuz my buddies SS gets up to 150 like its nothing. I think its the bolt ons and the 150 shot on NOS but i could be wrong. but i was impressed with the WRX i mean if i am correst they have no torque and it wasn't a STI but on the highway it just got bombed. oh yeah and they raced 2 times from a dead roll and the LS1 smoked him right off the line. I don't know how considering a hooked up WRX AWD versus a 500 RWHP RWD car and the Camaro took him off the line although the WRX was an auto and didn't rev it up off the line. Had a fun but dangerous night. thought i wouls share.
Old 01-18-2005, 09:09 PM
InfernoKron
1st Gear Member

Default RE: my buds LS1

Sounds like it was fun, kinda wish I was there...
Old 01-18-2005, 09:26 PM
Dan89lx
3rd Gear Member

ls1's are bad man, my buddy has one in his 00 Z28, I can get him through the 1/8th but I think it would be closer on top end, I have a lot of respect for LS1's. I wish Ford had a Mustang GT that would run like that but we all know they dont.
Old 01-18-2005, 10:46 PM
Mach1
4th Gear Member

I dont think the carrera 4s is a twin turbo.
Old 01-18-2005, 10:53 PM
Obsol3te
6th Gear Member

Damn mr Dilo it was like 0º today...
And you were out racing in your friends LS1?
Hehe, crazy ***.
Couldn't imagine grabbing any traction in this weather.
Wind wasn't too cool either.

ORIGINAL: Dan89lx

ls1's are bad man, my buddy has one in his 00 Z28, I can get him through the 1/8th but I think it would be closer on top end, I have a lot of respect for LS1's. I wish Ford had a Mustang GT that would run like that but we all know they dont.
As do I, but that's never going to happen.
Unless they for some reason go with the 5.4 Navigator engine in the base GT...
Then I'd cream my pants
Old 01-19-2005, 04:53 PM
98LS1
6th Gear Member

Ah, teh "great" SVT....
Old 01-19-2005, 06:36 PM
iwrxit
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: DILO2001GT
. I don't know how considering a hooked up WRX AWD versus a 500 RWHP RWD car and the Camaro took him off the line although the WRX was an auto and didn't rev it up off the line. Had a fun but dangerous night. thought i wouls share.
WTF??? why would the guy do that???
Old 01-19-2005, 06:49 PM
TommyV8
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Dan89lx

I believe the '05 Mustang GT is pretty close to the LS1 fbodies, depending on which mag you read. I think motor Trend got one to run 13.4 stock, a tenth faster than my Camaro went stock, but then Hot Rod did an article where they put a bunch of bolt-ons on it and the baseline runs were nowhere near that. I have yet to see them run in person at the track. Anyway, I would drive one.
Old 01-19-2005, 09:41 PM
Ryan4.6vert
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Mach1

I dont think the carrera 4s is a twin turbo.

Right, they arent. You didnt race a twin turbo if it said carrera 4 on the back. The twin turbo will also have large brake vents before the rear wheels and will say twin turbo on the back.

But nonetheless, nice kill, it is fun taking out expensive cars like that.
Old 01-21-2005, 01:21 AM
WS6speeDemon
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: DILO2001GT

last night i was in his car and he raced a Porche twin turbo Carrera 4s and it beat him by 2 car lengths from a dead stop but it was friggen cold and he got no traction and SPUN through fourth gear and the Porsche didn't spin at all. They guy at the garage i work at said those things are all traction and are fast as hell but i am 100 percent sure my buddies 02 SS woulda smoked him and then we went on the highway and raced a WRX wagon that was gutted and had a **** load of work done and my buddies SS smoked him by alot but the WRX held on for like 15 mhp which i was surprised cuz my buddies SS gets up to 150 like its nothing. I think its the bolt ons and the 150 shot on NOS but i could be wrong. but i was impressed with the WRX i mean if i am correst they have no torque and it wasn't a STI but on the highway it just got bombed. oh yeah and they raced 2 times from a dead roll and the LS1 smoked him right off the line. I don't know how considering a hooked up WRX AWD versus a 500 RWHP RWD car and the Camaro took him off the line although the WRX was an auto and didn't rev it up off the line. Had a fun but dangerous night. thought i wouls share.
When I raced an SRT-4, I beat him by 3 1/2 car lengths just about... a friend of mine with a Z28 with a few bolt ons raced it off the line (I didnt because I didn't want to spin my tires...) and smoked its ***... AWD isnt the **** in an il-ligit car... LOL but the Porsche is ligit...

Quick Reply: my buds LS1