MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   Street/Strip (https://mustangforums.com/forum/street-strip-25/)
-   -   Twin Turbo Dodge Stealth??? (https://mustangforums.com/forum/street-strip/319183-twin-turbo-dodge-stealth.html)

mustangfreak417 07-18-2007 02:02 PM

Twin Turbo Dodge Stealth???

coming home from work yesterday and roll up alongside this ugly light green car [:'(]- passed him thinking nothing of it, and as i do i look at the side of the car to see the words "twin turbo" on the side- it wasnt a sticker or a decal. he sped up, but there was too much traffic to play, and he made the next right hand turn he could so i didnt get a chance. just wondering how fast the thing was, ive never even heard of a twin turbo stock stealth, ive seen the regular stealth, my neighbor had one, just never heard of a turboed version, thanks

orange_crush 07-18-2007 02:08 PM

RE: Twin Turbo Dodge Stealth???

I used to have one....All Stealths were available as an R/T twin Turbo model...Mitsubishi made the 3000GT VR4 model (twinturbo).
Cars were 300HP stock, but were heavy. 0-60 times around 5.8 seconds

[IMG]local://upfiles/73430/CEBBFB6AA51F4FBC81EEFA0F0BBD8765.jpg[/IMG]

acascianelli 07-18-2007 02:22 PM

They were notoriously unreliable and difficult to work on. When they did work, they were pretty fast. They are mechanically identical to the Mitsubishi 3000GT. They had between 300-320hp and 315lbft depending on model years. I thought the later 320hp models were low 5's to 60 and high 13's in the 1/4.

okbfd 07-18-2007 02:46 PM

Were the R/Ts awd like the VR-4?

acascianelli 07-18-2007 03:03 PM

ORIGINAL: okbfd

Were the R/Ts awd like the VR-4?
Yes.

orange_crush 07-18-2007 03:39 PM

I'm going to politely disagree with the notoriously unreliable part!!!
I had mine for 7 years, and when I sold it , it had over 220,000 miles! Other than a control arm...no issues!!

Demon 340 07-18-2007 04:28 PM

the problem is that people bought them to be driven as daily drivers, and those people didnt take care of them. if you abuse any high performance car, its going to run poorly. i have the modern version of the 6G72 that came in the RT/TT and VR4 except mine is sadly NA and much slower...but i have 62,000 hard miles, and have had no problems. i also know a handful of RT/TT owners and they dont have problems even now, but they take care of their cars.

steele901 07-18-2007 04:57 PM

i ran one not to long ago. that thing was friggin' fast. did a couple of low mph runs, like 30 to 80 and that thing was running got out a couple car on me every time.

ps. i have no problem pulling stock s197's so you might have gotten your feelings hurt if he was modded at all.
i've seen a lot of those cars well into the 12's at the local track.

silverstang1996 07-18-2007 05:02 PM

Yeah, I remember when I was looking into getting a Stealth TT for my first car, my parents both said that they were pretty unreliable, and as others said, it's just poeple abused them too much, it seems like 9 out of 10 were pretty badly abused though since I've heard nothing but bad things about them till now.

Demon 340 07-18-2007 05:10 PM

typically, people who generalize about problems that "all of a certain make/model have" dont have any experience working on or dealing with anything other than what they drive, if that...
cars like the RTTT stealth was made to be aperformance car (obviously) but people bought them and beat the crap out of them...dont let the turbo cool, etc..and go figure, they died...the same could be said about any make or model performance car.