Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Do you get races Alot?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 11:41 PM
mmm rice
1st Gear Member

Default Do you get races Alot?

Isure dont.
My friend said this "you could roll through a honda meet and not get a race, while i roll through a church parking lot and get 3"

Every time i see him(once a week) he has a new race. The only people i get are people i already know. I dont know if its the way my cars look or sound or what. Plus the ones that do rev up to me, we are in freaking traffic!

my license plate on my 5.0 says SUR YNOT. Im not saying i can beat everything, my car is slow. It would just be nice.....o well
How are you about this..are you my friend...or are you me.

ps....sorry if this is in the wrong section
Old 09-12-2007, 11:49 PM
fiad06
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Do you get races Alot?

I prob get around 1 a week or so...nothin really intresting, like today I got a magnum with the 3.5
Old 09-12-2007, 11:51 PM
The Stig
4th Gear Member

I get offerd a race every now & then. I almost never get a spontainious race at a light or somthing they are usally set up. And Im not one to provoke races, but I also dont turn them down. I get offers off & on. It really depends.

If you really wanna race, go to the track. Thats what people are there for, to race. Your garentied to have a race and it will be fair. When ever things get slow and I have a need to race and I have no offers I go to the track and it is alot of fun.
Old 09-12-2007, 11:57 PM
mmm rice
1st Gear Member

I do go to the track, raced, then someone accually raced me on my way home.
I dont provoke races either(most of the time), but wont turn them down usually.
i dont get one every 3 months!
Old 09-13-2007, 12:16 AM
briansgonnawin
2nd Gear Member

i never get provoked to any races. but its pretty easy to find some because there is always somthing wi th a fart can around my neighbor hood. and whenever i go to a meet, eh no races, not a single soul comes up to ask, only domestic drivers

maybe the Cobra bumper and emblems keep those ricers away from me. but i only have a GT so meh
Old 09-13-2007, 01:07 AM
67mustang302
6th Gear Member

I prolly get like 1 race every 2 months. Sometimes I'm not sure if people are trying to race me but are just slow as hell, or just driving like morons. Either my car sounds more menacing going down the road, or doesn't sound like anything, either it looks slow, or looks like a sleeper....whatever the reason people almost never try to race me
Old 09-13-2007, 03:11 AM
05Stang4Me
2nd Gear Member

When I owned my 4.0 S197 I got runs all the time. Since I bought my GT I hardly ever get challanged. Every once and a while a BMW, LT1, or another Stang will give it a go, but not very often. I have not had my car toa track yet, but I am going soon. It is finally starting to cool off enough in the evenings to enjoy going to the track.
Old 09-13-2007, 03:17 AM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

I dont get many offers to race. I do get alot of nod's & waives from guys in mustangs vets t/a's etc. so that cool.
Old 09-13-2007, 06:57 AM
superdavid
4th Gear Member

Everyone and their mom wants to race the classics. But a few months ago I was at In N Out and there was like 6 Honda Preludes sitting out front talking. I went in to get a burger and when I came out some guy said a few were wanting to run me. They wanted me to lift the hood off and fire it up first. After I did that and revved it a few times none of them wanted to race anymore lol....
Old 09-13-2007, 07:13 AM
ripped camel
4th Gear Member

People always want a piece of me at the light. Even old beaters!

Quick Reply: Do you get races Alot?