Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

MazdaSpeed6 vs Mustang GT

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 04:16 AM
1BAD3V
6th Gear Member

Default RE: MazdaSpeed6 vs Mustang GT

They are very nice cars, but I actually rather have the MS3.
Old 03-20-2008, 04:21 AM
Baddog
4th Gear Member

How come?
Old 03-20-2008, 04:24 AM
1BAD3V
6th Gear Member

Not really sure, but I think because when I was looking at them awhile back the one I seen had some nice rims, an intake, exhaust and it had its ECU re-programmed and was pushing like 330whp, LOL. I actually just found an 06 MS6 for sale with 34k miles on it for 16.3k, that is a hell of a deal.
Old 03-20-2008, 04:31 AM
Baddog
4th Gear Member

Fair enough, makes sense. I just really like the look ofthe MS6 and the fact that it has the 6 in it AND AWD make it an attractive package. It's rare that I like upgraded factory imports but this one looks good. If it has forged internals the mod potential is great and from the track numbers I've seen it's weight bias/balance is very good. I can honestly say it is one Japanese 4 door I would like to have in my driveway along with an iS350. The M3S is a nice car too no doubt but I'd rather do a Focus SVT as a project for less $...
Old 03-20-2008, 04:43 AM
1BAD3V
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Baddog

Fair enough, makes sense. I just really like the look ofthe MS6 and the fact that it has the 6 in it AND AWD make it an attractive package. It's rare that I like upgraded factory imports but this one looks good. If it has forged internals the mod potential is great and from the track numbers I've seen it's weight bias/balance is very good. I can honestly say it is one Japanese 4 door I would like to have in my driveway along with an iS350. The M3S is a nice car too no doubt but I'd rather do a Focus SVT as a project for less $...
Both the MS3 and MS6 both have the 2.3L engine in it, no v6. And the Focus SVT sucks, it has no potential and is a dog.
Old 03-20-2008, 04:53 AM
Baddog
4th Gear Member

My bad, it's the 2.3 litre with 274/280. I hate showing my *** when I'm wrong[:@]. Never claimed to know too much about imports but I'd still like to try to improve on the 170hp SVT Focus. I also like the way it looks and have seen some that are all around gooders making some decent power. I should clarify that I like cars that handle and brake comensurate with their straight line prowess. That is why brakes will be the next wallet emptier on my notch before she gets more ponies. That and working out a way to pass emissions. It looks like a S/C outweighs H/C/I unfortuneately. I'd really like to do both but I think insuring it would be a nightmare. I still like the look of the 6 vs. the 3 tho.
Old 03-20-2008, 05:01 AM
1BAD3V
6th Gear Member

I would take either one, the MS3 or MS6, but I doubt I'd take either of them over some other cars in their price range. The SVT Focus is a great handler and has good brakes, more for a road course persay, but I'd rather have the 2.3 Duratec motor to play with, 153hp and 150lbs/tq, and it has tons of potential.
Old 03-20-2008, 06:34 AM
scg87
5th Gear Member

The SVT Focus is a great little sport economy compact. It has good handling and driving characteristics. It does lack in the potential area a little bit, but not much. There are forced-induction kits available for them that make them pretty quick. My friend used to have one w/ a Jackson Racing supercharger, and that thing would move out.

And I'm w/ Baddog, I'd take the MS6 over the MS3 anyday. I just can't get over the MS3's fwd. And that lame torque management crap....
Old 03-20-2008, 06:51 AM
1BAD3V
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: scg87

The SVT Focus is a great little sport economy compact. It has good handling and driving characteristics. It does lack in the potential area a little bit, but not much. There are forced-induction kits available for them that make them pretty quick. My friend used to have one w/ a Jackson Racing supercharger, and that thing would move out.

And I'm w/ Baddog, I'd take the MS6 over the MS3 anyday. I just can't get over the MS3's fwd. And that lame torque management crap....
Yeah I remember reading reviews about the JacksonRacing S/C Focus, it was quick, but by no means fast. Both the MS3 and MS6 are both great cars, but there is just something about the MS3 that stands out to me.
Old 03-20-2008, 06:58 AM
scg87
5th Gear Member

Yeah, they're good cars. But still. I'd buy a used Z over an MS3. And I'd buy a Legacy GT over a MS6. Just personal preference....

Quick Reply: MazdaSpeed6 vs Mustang GT