Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

MazdaSpeed6 vs Mustang GT

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2008, 07:12 AM
Karma_Hunden
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: MazdaSpeed6 vs Mustang GT

Legacy GT is a great car. I looked into it before getting the MS6. The MS6 was selling much more cheaper with more features. A full MS6 GT packaged (sunroof, leather and maybe nav) still cost me less than a regular Legacy without those features.

The Z over the MS3? hm, for looks, yes, but I just dont know. I drove my buddy's G37S and its fast, but that torque up there next to the redline makes it seem like it doesnt have much. I like my turbo whiplash. Im sure yall know what I mean since the stangs got the torque down low too.

I dont know what my mazdaspeed6 is putting down. I just bought it for a DD and slapped a SRI and tweak the boost. Nothing speacial.

Old 03-20-2008, 07:32 AM
1BAD3V
6th Gear Member

I would buy a 350Z, but it would have to be an 07 or 08. In 07 things changed for the Z, more power and a better tweaked engine. Mid 13's on average is enough to hang with alot of cars, including an S197 and MS6.
Old 03-20-2008, 07:48 AM
S8ER01Z
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 1BAD3V

Nice race, but that guy needed the driver mod for real. The MS6's are what, low 14 second cars on average and a high 13 second car with a good driver? With his mods he should be in the low 13's and with your mods maybe a mid 13. Either way good runs, just dont look to be that close withthem all, LOL. [8D]
The real question is mid 13s at WHAT mph? (I never underestimate boosted cars from rollons regardless of ET...right IWhine?? [8D])
Old 03-20-2008, 08:53 AM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

How many gears do you have? LOL! My 3rd gear runs out around 90mph and I have 4.10's. A 3.55 geared manual s197 can hit 106 in 3rd gear. If he were supercharged it wouldn't have even been a race. Sounds like he started in 3rd.
Old 03-20-2008, 02:47 PM
danGT06
3rd Gear Member

+1 on starting in 3rd gear.. 40mph for a new GT is a sweetspot in 2nd gear. I can't see you jumping almost a full car on him unless he started in third.
ORIGINAL: moosestang

How many gears do you have? LOL! My 3rd gear runs out around 90mph and I have 4.10's. A 3.55 geared manual s197 can hit 106 in 3rd gear. If he were supercharged it wouldn't have even been a race. Sounds like he started in 3rd.
Old 03-20-2008, 06:30 PM
Karma_Hunden
2nd Gear Member

To answer some questions. Yes, the mazdaspeed6 has 6 ****ty gears lol. Mainly because boost dies at 5.8-6K, thats 5K short of redline, so I have to shift there otherwise the car falls flat on its nose. 2nd gear is the sweatest spot for the MS6 as well.

my Evo has 5 gears, so the MS6 drives me nuts on a drag race.

We started at 35mph, didnt quite make it to the desired 40mph. 35mph on the MS6 is around 4K, which is the sweat spot...40mph wouldve taken it close to 5K, which makes me shift right there on the spot. So I had it better at 35mph and on 2nd gear...I also shifted good...i think the only thing that wasnt on my side was the heat[soak].

I doubt the stang dude would be smart enough to start a 35mph roll in 3rd.The MS6 actually comes with more torque than hp (plus awd), although heavy, it still doesnt surprise me that it jumps like that from a low roll. Also, mods on turbo car tend to gain more power, since they generally improve the engine's performance and the turbo's. Thats 2 things working better. Imagine if I wouldve brake boosted.

Old 03-20-2008, 07:01 PM
gears94gt
3rd Gear Member

i really doubt the car you saw had a tuned ecu, there's no tuning available yet for the ms3, and with those mods he wont be putting 333whp, i got myself a ms3 for my daily driver and so far my mods are, ms cai. ms catback, corksport downpipe, rear motor mount, short shifter and front mount intercooler its going in next week, without he fmic i dynoed at 272 fwhp, 283 tq.
Old 03-20-2008, 07:26 PM
gears94gt
3rd Gear Member

heres a couple of pic of the car, the car its pretty quick and it handles superb, plus i lowered 1.5 inches. it will give a new stang a good run if not beat it from a roll.
Old 03-21-2008, 12:43 AM
1BAD3V
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: gears94gt

i really doubt the car you saw had a tuned ecu, there's no tuning available yet for the ms3, and with those mods he wont be putting 333whp, i got myself a ms3 for my daily driver and so far my mods are, ms cai. ms catback, corksport downpipe, rear motor mount, short shifter and front mount intercooler its going in next week, without he fmic i dynoed at 272 fwhp, 283 tq.
Maybe it wasnt putting down 333whp, but thats what the ad said. It was at a highly reputable Mazda dealer in Georgia that had it, mods were exhaust, intake, and it said "re-programmed ECU". I figured since it was atleast at a Mazda dealer they would be somewhat knowledgable about the car, but we all know how dealerships are.
Old 03-21-2008, 01:25 AM
scg87
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Karma_Hunden

Legacy GT is a great car. I looked into it before getting the MS6. The MS6 was selling much more cheaper with more features. A full MS6 GT packaged (sunroof, leather and maybe nav) still cost me less than a regular Legacy without those features.

The Z over the MS3? hm, for looks, yes, but I just dont know. I drove my buddy's G37S and its fast, but that torque up there next to the redline makes it seem like it doesnt have much. I like my turbo whiplash. Im sure yall know what I mean since the stangs got the torque down low too.

I dont know what my mazdaspeed6 is putting down. I just bought it for a DD and slapped a SRI and tweak the boost. Nothing speacial.

There's a world of a difference between the Z and the G37. And yeah, I'd take a Z over an MS3 w/out question. Over a MS6 and RX8 as well. Even an older model w/ some miles on it. It's more of a true sportscar, and that's what I like in cars. Kinda more of a pure, simple layout...

Quick Reply: MazdaSpeed6 vs Mustang GT