Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

fun guilty kill

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2005, 03:42 AM
jishead
2nd Gear Member

Default fun guilty kill

Ok me and my friend Jim were heading into work last Sat night. We don't work nights but this was a special occasion. I just filled up with a tank of 91oct Shell (due to Predator tuning, ouch that gas is $$$). I should not have let into the throttle cuz I was tired (no nap working night shift, sinus medicine dizzy). Anyway, to the left of the 4-lane route entered a 197x Mach 1 in real good shape. I had my window down cruising and waved to him. He got on it and made to the slow lane while we were in the hammer lane. We danced a little but there were nothing but slow pokes all around us and stop lights aplenty. He showed us that his Mach could jump pretty quick and seemed to be curious about what my GT could do. Jim said, "that would be cool if we get at a light together" but it did not seem possible cuz we were always staggered by slowpokes. We were heading out of town and caught a redlight together. I yelled, "what does that have in it?" He yelled, "351 Cleveland man" and rev'd. Light turned green. We both mozied off. I kept it in 1st just in case and help high RPM's to play a Magnaflow tune to my new friend just in case. All the sudden he gunned that medium block museum piece and I lit up my OEM goodyears like a cheap cigar. I can't believe how fast my mod'd 4.6 redlines with those UDP's. Rediculous and I really need practice. I hit the rev limiter and my 4.6 computer said "stop it !@#$ it". It stuffed it in 2nd hard and passed that 351 like an old man at a chinese buffett. That 4 lane road seemed narrow and every car looked like a cop that night. but we kept on it hard. I didn't spend any time at all in 2nd and 3rd. Event though I know my RWHP is in the lower percentile on this forum, I can't believe how hard this thing pulls and how loud it roars. Proving that with a slightly mod'd 4.6 you can keep up with most people in your zip code! I felt bad for the guy. He probably worked hard on his 351 and appeared to keep it clean. I wish I could have talked to him but we had to turn left into work. I hope he's proud of his ride and doesn't get discouraged cuz he got walked on by a late model GT. It was all in good fun!
Old 04-13-2005, 12:09 PM
dc_mann8
5th Gear Member

Default RE: fun guilty kill

i bet your a writer or something arent you?
Old 04-13-2005, 01:38 PM
TDi
1st Gear Member

lol, I bet you write detective novels. Good kill!!
Old 04-13-2005, 02:37 PM
muztanggurl
1st Gear Member

Nice kill, I love those old Mach 1's, they rock. There's a red one here on base. Keep up the good writing!!
Old 04-13-2005, 02:49 PM
Draven
1st Gear Member

You don't need to be super-modded to be faster than most things on the road, or for that matter, fast in general. I should be putting down 350-375 hp but you DO need to be careful who you play with.

Case and point, last night I was at the smoke shop and I was talking about my car. This dude next to me was real quiet, and I was telling them a story about a 5.0 I raced and beat (Sorry guys. : ( ) and he's like "Yeah, Mustangs and Corvettes pull up to me all the time wanting to race and I just hose them.".... Now, most people talk trash around here "Yeah, I got a stupid fast car, thousands of dollars into it" "What do you run?" " 13.5s " .... So I ask him about his car... He has a modded GNX. : ) 450 horse, 475 ft/lb of torque. He's never had it on a track, but with tires that can hook, he'd run a 10. Needless to say, I didn't challenge him. : )

Old 04-13-2005, 03:16 PM
Fallstar01
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jishead
passed that 351 like an old man at a chinese buffett.
Beautiful.
Old 04-13-2005, 03:41 PM
devinsteen
4th Gear Member

LOL. I haven't seen too many mach 1's around. Good kil....nice creative writing skills
Old 04-13-2005, 04:16 PM
USAMuscle
4th Gear Member

Must have been an old stocker, or worn out engine. A built 351 would have left you like you were sitting still.
Old 04-13-2005, 07:55 PM
jishead
2nd Gear Member

No. My writing/grammar/spelling are not too great. Was just in a creative mood late last night when I posted it. Appreciate the comment.
Old 04-13-2005, 07:58 PM
jishead
2nd Gear Member

It probably wasn't very built at all. Sounded like it was running strong. Maybe some very mild / cheap mods. Certainly not an aggresive cam, NOS, giant carb, or anything like that. It was clean, strong and in great shape. I think he worked hard to get it that way so was just happy to be running fast with him. You can never be the fastest on earth. Space shuttle or F-18 will kick your butt just when you say your are!

Quick Reply: fun guilty kill