Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

350z kills mach?

Old 04-08-2008, 10:19 PM
USMCrebel
Mach I Section Moderator

Default RE: 350z kills mach?

ORIGINAL: scg87

ORIGINAL: USMCrebel

ORIGINAL: michaelsevilla

Lol Some domestics guys under estimate the power of imports. Zs are exactly slow. If you had a stock Mach 1. Then if your not running mid to low 13s your not beating a Z, period. Some mustang guys tend to say they've beaten Zs here and there Yes that is true they can beat SOME.

I'm afraid to say now that the new 07-08 350z have gone back to the Dual Intake setup, which is the same as as my 300zxTT. And I walk over mustangs all day when it was stock.

Its really ignorant to call Zs ricers for they have had a great reputation as the undisputed king of drift. And for road coarses too, AND was the key car that force toyota into redoing their supra, it isn't meant a straight drag car but CAN be done to run 7-8s in a 1/4 on the older motors , so I am pretty sure the new ones have potential to do damage as well.

My friend's 07 350z beat a 07 mustang Gt by abit. Those car's aren't exactly slow as I stated so give respect where respect is do, and as far as calling Zs "ricers" I doubt you know exactly how to define a V6 306 hp dual intake car as a "ricer". I'm pretty sure car's like the GTR are ricers as well that took out the z06 [>:]. Some Zs owners are cocky but everytime I DRIVE my Z around it must be visa versa because I always without fail run into cocky domestics who think their car is fast till I spank them

I feel its rather foolish to be so blunt and ignorant about great cars like these. I own a 2004 mustang GT and a 300zx TT 1995, and am going to get the new 370zs when they come out. So I've seen a good bit and I love mustangs and zs what and what.
your the mis imformed one, i promise you that i can beat a new 350z in my actual bonestock mach. power under the curve is whats important and i have a nice power curve.

306-hp @6800rpm on the enthusiast version
268 tq @5200 rpm " " "

on the same weight ~3500lbs.

from a dig i will destroy one just b/c of my 30-40 extra ftlbs at 1500 rpms sooner, now the Z has to play catch up, well im making power all the way to 6650rpms shift and bam more torque and hp.....granted it will do better from a roll, but from a dig the mach 1 will win by 1 car from a roll maybe .5 car.

Yet another person who doesn't know how to truely compare two cars' power numbers. NEWSFLASH- Torque ratings are not necessarily the determining factor in which car has greater torque. There's a formula that takes into account each respective cars' gearing, tire diamter, etc....

And how can you just say you'd 'destroy' one from a launch?? How do you know the other guy isn't a god at launching his car perfectly??? Or that he can't powershift the hell out of it?? There is NEVER a clearcut answer for how bad a car will beat another. You just can't say "I will beat such and such by this bad from this, andby such and suchfrom that.....". That's fanboy talk....
ok so you think that 300ftlbs = 268 ftlbs b/c of the tire? who's your dealer? regardless of gearing torque WILL NOT CHANGE, the point at which it comes on will, and i promise i can powershift like a mother ****er, if need bee i dont have to use my clutch for it either. bottom line is that the 350z is over rated, its the same motor in the g37 only lighter. while the 306 hp at 6800 rpm is nice and the torque finally comes along at 5200 rpm, you tell me a 320hp 330tq with the same weight cant win? and dont even start with the aero, cd, and all that ****, NIssan did a wonderful job, but not enough to run with a mach stock for stock (unless auto, then the win gos to the 350z)
-For the love of God, man. WHERE did I say 300tq was equal to 268tq because of the tire? You can't go off of JUST the torque ratings of each car. Torque is multiplied by various factors in the driveline such as the gearing ratio and tire diameter. If you can't understand that, then you probably shouldn't be arguing against it.

-The 350Z engine is not the same motor in the G37. The Z's engine, theVQ35, came first. The G's engine is in the same family, but shares no components w/ the VQ35.

-The 350Z is overrated in YOUR opinion. I could say the same thing about your tank of a car that is a Mach 1, but I'm not narrow-minded.

-You've already said yourself the powerband is what matters, not peak power, and yet you're comparing itfor the sake of YOUR arguement. Make up your mind.

-A Mach 1 and 350Z do NOT weigh the same. You're crazy if you think otherwise.

-Where did I say the Mach 1 can't win?? Go find where I said that. I didn't.

-Great drivers, the cars run practically identical times. Stop trying to turn everything I say into a pissing match, and accept fact. A Mach 1 and an HR 350Z is a driver's race. Get over it.....

And that dyno chart is not for a HR car either btw......
well the bolded is where you said 268 tq is the same as 300rwtq just b/c of tire and gears, now your getting into modded, but 268 tq at 5200 rpm is way up there and way to late to do much. dont try to tell me i dont understand something. i understand power to weight is a major factor, but when and where that power happens is greater than peak. i also understand that if my torque comes in at 2500 starting and pull all the way to 6300-6500 rpms in every gear, and yours finally kicks in at lets say 4700-5200rpms its to late (keep in mind we're paper racing stock cars here). now it would take gears to get into his power curve quicker, but if i put gera in the mach back to the same game....argue bolt ons, i'll argue back. intake, midpipe, catback, tune nets me massive gains in not only torque but hp too.

just so you know a manual mach 1 weighs in at 3465 and the Z weighs in at a hefty 3339....BIG diffrence huh, man for knowing your 350z you didnt know the weights huh? keep calling me narrow minded, if we didnt have narrow minded peopl like me everyone would be all praise and no damnnation.

you need to get your **** striaght, i do this reguardless who you are if i think your wrong then im gonna tell you, but i guess to prove your right wrong or neither im gonna have to go take one from the dealership and race it against my mach 1.

OH i looked on youtube last night for a STOCK 350z dyno and nothing came up, for being 2 years old now i owuld expect they had some up. i tried looking up stock dyno grpahs, and all the places that said they had them, turned out they all had intakes, and exhaust....
Dude, you're still missing the point. Just because one car has say 280tq, and another has 300tq, the car w/ the greater rating isn't necessarily putting more torque down. THAT'S what I keep trying to tell you. The 20 ft lbs differnce can be made up by final drive, gear ratio, and tire height difference. Jeez man, save yourself the trouble of trying to argue this, and go look it up.

And actually, I do know how much a Z weighs. And it's nowhere near 3,339. I don't care what the broschure says. I owned a 2006 Bae, and my friend owns a 2007 Base. My car weighed 3,240, his weighed 3,260. So yeah, I'm quite familiar w/ the weight of the car.

I'll save you the trouble of looking upa dynograph for an '07+ car. They'reusually between 260-270whp and 230-240tq.

What is there to debate??? It's a driver's race. What is so hard to understand about that??? The better driver is going to wiin 9 out of 10 times regardless of what car he is in.

The only person who needs to get theri **** straight is you. You're arguing just for the sake of arguement. And arguing w/ you is becoming quite pointless....[&o]
now your getting it.

Old 04-08-2008, 10:34 PM
scg87
5th Gear Member

Don't Mach 1's have 3.55 gears stock???
Old 04-08-2008, 10:35 PM
USMCrebel
Mach I Section Moderator

yeah
Old 04-08-2008, 10:37 PM
scg87
5th Gear Member

350Z's have 3.54 gears....
Old 04-08-2008, 10:39 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: shifty711

There is also this one from a roll

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3vU1pxN2Ic
Damn, the HR350Z is a way different machine than the previous one. Thats a nasty V6 IMO.
Old 04-08-2008, 10:44 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Wonder how the two cars would do if both had unlimited traction, say with slicks, and both cars could launch at max power/torque? Would the extra 60lbs of torque put the Mach out front, or do you guys thinkthe outcomewould stay about the same? I think the Mach would jump out front personally.
Old 04-08-2008, 10:49 PM
USMCrebel
Mach I Section Moderator

hrmm......the mach still wins!!!![8D]

im still throwing my vote in on 1- 1.5 car for the mach from a dig, and .5 car from a roll.....power under the curve baby
Old 05-19-2008, 05:30 PM
TRMach

I did a roll from 40mph and 70mph with a '07 350Z and didn't pull on him at all. Dead even. I have an '04 Mach 5spd. When we did this I had a highflow cattedmidpipe and flows catback. We ran up to about 145 which at that point I had an ever so slight lead on him. Maybe a car length. They ARE fast.
Old 05-19-2008, 05:43 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: TRMach

I did a roll from 40mph and 70mph with a '07 350Z and didn't pull on him at all. Dead even. I have an '04 Mach 5spd. When we did this I had a highflow cattedmidpipe and flows catback. We ran up to about 145 which at that point I had an ever so slight lead on him. Maybe a car length. They ARE fast.
Fast is relative. I beat an 08 350Z by about 10 lenths at Atco a few weeks ago.[8D]
Old 05-19-2008, 06:05 PM
cacimar
5th Gear Member

^^^^^ stock picking on sixers

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 350z kills mach?