Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

350z kills mach?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 01:51 PM
pandaj
1st Gear Member

Default 350z kills mach?

driving off campus to go home a new 350z starts riding my *** hard. i figured id give him a shot, i always wanted to see how nice the new Z was anyway. beating a g37 i figured the lighter Z might be more of a race. turn right on to a straighaway, drop it to second in 45, move over a lane, and get ready to test the new model. as i suspect he pulls along side me hardbut he just keeps pullin wtf? i smash on second and see his buddylaughing atmeas imcatching up?soi just maxed out second stopping his pull but it was kinda too late healready had a lot of momentum and that car is not slow to where it doesnt matter. ricer fly by as a race ftl. it looked brand new maybe he just got it and hasnt learnedthe basics? line up, honk,go. kind of irritating cus i really wanted to see what the outcome would be. im slightly modded jlt, o/r prochamber. it would've beena good race probably. if he would have lined up, who do you think woulda won?
Old 04-07-2008, 02:00 PM
acascianelli
5th Gear Member

Default RE: 350z kills mach?

Mach 1 vs. 350Z? You should have easily won if it was a fair race.
Old 04-07-2008, 02:03 PM
35thAnni99GT
3rd Gear Member

You were trying to reel him in, so you were already at a disadvantage.

If you're not trapping 8-10 mph more than your opponent you'd have a hard time pulling him in without running out of gear or road.
Old 04-07-2008, 02:07 PM
indisposible_teens
4th Gear Member

If it was a brand new Z then I could the race being nearly even.

The New Z's have more hp and are much faster than the first year Z's that came out. It would probably depend on who got the best launch if it went from a stop or who was in the right gear if it went from a roll.
Old 04-07-2008, 02:09 PM
C6 VETTE
5th Gear Member

45 mph in second gear on a Mach should have been good enough to immediately stop his pull...unless the guy flew past you at 80 mph....In your story, you said you down shifted into second to wait for him to come even...I guess you waited far too long..
Old 04-07-2008, 02:12 PM
35thAnni99GT
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: C6 VETTE

45 mph in second gear on a Mach should have been good enough to immediately stop his pull...unless the guy flew past you at 80 mph....In your story, you said you down shifted into second to wait for him to come even...I guess you waited far too long..
+1

You gotta anticipate when he'll be at your door, so I usually downshift when someones about a car behind me. Like throwing a ball. Not where he is, but where he will be.
Old 04-07-2008, 02:24 PM
pandaj
1st Gear Member

he kinda just flew by me when i thought he was gonna line up and get ready. im not used to races where you dont start evenly. every racce i had we line up. guess i gotta learn the ball toss from now on? lol thats a new for me but ill give it a shot.

it was the new Z bulge in the hood. i dont think i could have immediately stopped his pull those cars got more a little more in them. i know my second gear at 45 probably would have not been in his favor tho, thats where my strongest pull is. aw well, ill see another antsy one someday. but this one was just annoying cus of the cocky passenger. im pretty sure i woulda won but i just cant say it.
Old 04-07-2008, 02:28 PM
USMCrebel
Mach I Section Moderator

meh, you should've stopped him, they've got top end, thats it from a dig if you can decently drive it's all you from a 45 roll still you, playing catch up....never good
Old 04-07-2008, 02:32 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

If you were catching up, then you're proabably faster in this situation. His passenger wasn't helping him with the extra weight either. I still think the Mach is a couple ticks faster then the new 350Zs, but I wouldn't dare call it alot, or bet any money for that matter. You were definetly in your sweet spot, the timing was just a little off.
Old 04-07-2008, 02:33 PM
C6 VETTE
5th Gear Member

Pandaj- Let that be a lesson, 350Z drivers are notorious for ricer flybys.....I've had one try that on me a couple years ago and I had to initiate a no-fly zone on his a$$...

Quick Reply: 350z kills mach?