Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

My car's a turd

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 09:56 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Default RE: My car's a turd

ORIGINAL: cacimar

Did u fix your headers bolts, i think u were having a problem with an exhaust leak back then. Go a pick on aveos and yaris for now
Try to pick on my Aveo and I'll bust your catfish's ***![sm=crossbonesgif.gif]
Old 05-22-2008, 10:04 PM
cacimar
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: tspence45

Did u fix your headers bolts, i think u were having a problem with an exhaust leak back then. Go a pick on aveos and yaris for now
Yeah, I put in a new header bolt last week, and tightened all the others. The exhaust leak proceeded to get worse. The damn AIR fitting on the passenger side header is loose, and I have no way to tighten it. I think I may have a hole in the passengerheader somewhere, but can't see it anywhere. I finally ordered myself a new air filter though. ($50 from Amazon.com ) But, you should see the one on the car now. lol. Plus, the car's been running like crap the past few days, because I decided to try putting 89 octane in it. That was a mistake. I guess I'll just have to deal with paying $4.29/gallon for premium. It'll probably go up again too. I wish I had more money. I'd just go ahead and order my Pacesetter LT's now. Then, I could get rid of that exhaust leak, the AIR pump, and EGR. And I'd free up so much space in the engine compartment, that I could change my plugs and wires. lol
You might want to fix that license plate too since without it it might be affecting ur aerodynamics.
Old 05-22-2008, 10:23 PM
tspence45
4th Gear Member

Yeah, I put in a new header bolt last week, and tightened all the others. The exhaust leak proceeded to get worse. The damn AIR fitting on the passenger side header is loose, and I have no way to tighten it. I think I may have a hole in the passengerheader somewhere, but can't see it anywhere. I finally ordered myself a new air filter though. ($50 from Amazon.com ) But, you should see the one on the car now. lol. Plus, the car's been running like crap the past few days, because I decided to try putting 89 octane in it. That was a mistake. I guess I'll just have to deal with paying $4.29/gallon for premium. It'll probably go up again too. I wish I had more money. I'd just go ahead and order my Pacesetter LT's now. Then, I could get rid of that exhaust leak, the AIR pump, and EGR. And I'd free up so much space in the engine compartment, that I could change my plugs and wires. lol
You might want to fix that license plate too since without it it might be affecting ur aerodynamics.
lol. It's back where it's supposed to be. I found out that it was illegal to have it down there. And I didn't want to risk getting pulled over. It was only there for one day anyways.
Old 05-22-2008, 10:28 PM
AmericanICON
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: AmericanICON

This problem is easily solved. Rent a Prius for a week. One week later, your Z28 is magically faster!
lol. I wish I still had my old Z24. That'd make me feel better in a hurry. Going from a mid-high 13 second car to a low-mid 15 second car.
That's a quick Z24! Explain, please!
Old 05-22-2008, 10:33 PM
IWHINE
4th Gear Member

my car feels slow now, you just get used to the power and extra weight does not help.
Old 05-22-2008, 10:34 PM
tspence45
4th Gear Member

This problem is easily solved. Rent a Prius for a week. One week later, your Z28 is magically faster!
lol. I wish I still had my old Z24. That'd make me feel better in a hurry. Going from a mid-high 13 second car to a low-mid 15 second car.
That's a quick Z24! Explain, please!
lol. It was the low-mid 15 second car. [8D]. I thought about trying to make it a 13 second car. But, decided to just go ahead and buy one that didn't need FI to do it. lol. I wish my dad hadn't have taken the Fusion to work. Then, I could go take it for a ride and feel a lot better about my car. I don't want to take my mom's Aspen, because the Hemi makes it feel decently quick for an SUV.
Old 05-22-2008, 10:43 PM
AmericanICON
3rd Gear Member

Duh-- I totally read that wrong! I was thinking 15 second Z28?? What the heck's wrong with his car?? haha..
Old 05-22-2008, 10:47 PM
tspence45
4th Gear Member

Duh-- I totally read that wrong! I was thinking 15 second Z28?? What the heck's wrong with his car?? haha..
lol. It almost felt like it earlier. [&:]I'm exagerating(sp?), of course. But, damn it felt sluggish. Hopefully, in a couple weeks, I'll have enough money to order some LT's and possibly some 1.7 rr's. But, I'll end up having to get some valve springs, pushrods, guide plates, lifters, and whatever else I'd need in order to install the RR's.
Old 05-25-2008, 05:11 PM
Jbrandt22
1st Gear Member

Are you insinutating you have a fat wife

Just bustin your *****,

I've never noticed much of a difference honestly, I roll around with 3 passengers consistently too..

ORIGINAL: Darkcrime

dude, I hear ya on that. Everytime I go cruisin (almost everytime) my wife want's to go (which is cool as **** cause she likes cars), but when I race I want her out of there!!! Every little bit helps!
Old 05-25-2008, 05:18 PM
Projectquick
5th Gear Member

Guess you should have got an ellis jaun instead.[8D]

Quick Reply: My car's a turd