Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

08 Mustang GT vs. LS1 Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2008, 11:10 PM
AMoRT
3rd Gear Member

Default 08 Mustang GT vs. LS1 Camaro

Tonight I was rollin with my friend in his 08 Mustang GT, pretty much brand new. We were just chillin in a parking lot talking about cars with some other guys and another kid from my school pulls up in his new ls1 camaro he just got. We ask him if he wants to race and he said sure.

The mustang is a 5 speed and the camaro is an automatic. We raced from a roll the first time. We honked it off and we pulled away pretty quick. He caught up to the back fender and thats it. So we won from a roll.

Next we raced from a dig at a 4 way stop. haha we sat there for like 2 minutes waiting for the right time to go and all these other cars were honking and getting pissed. But this time the camaro honked it off and it beat us. There was probably 1-2 car lengths between us before we slowed down.

My friend who drives the mustang gt is a really good driver, he also has an ls1 camaro and he is rebuilding it to a 408 ls1 since it had problems.

I've never raced in any car but my v6. These cars made my v6 seem so *****

oh well my parents said i could get a v8 for my next car
Old 06-19-2008, 12:45 AM
MrRogers
5th Gear Member

Default RE: 08 Mustang GT vs. LS1 Camaro

ORIGINAL: AMoRT

Tonight I was rollin with my friend in his 08 Mustang GT, pretty much brand new. We were just chillin in a parking lot talking about cars with some other guys and another kid from my school pulls up in his new ls1 camaro he just got. We ask him if he wants to race and he said sure.

The mustang is a 5 speed and the camaro is an automatic. We raced from a roll the first time. We honked it off and we pulled away pretty quick. He caught up to the back fender and thats it. So we won from a roll.

Next we raced from a dig at a 4 way stop. haha we sat there for like 2 minutes waiting for the right time to go and all these other cars were honking and getting pissed. But this time the camaro honked it off and it beat us. There was probably 1-2 car lengths between us before we slowed down.

My friend who drives the mustang gt is a really good driver, he also has an ls1 camaro and he is rebuilding it to a 408 ls1 since it had problems.

I've never raced in any car but my v6. These cars made my v6 seem so *****

oh well my parents said i could get a v8 for my next car

Sounds about right. Those 4L60Es dont want to cooperate sometimes. Best thing to do is put it in 3rd instead leaving it in D. That way the overdrive doesn't take over and embarrass you..

Nice copilioting on the kill/death
Old 06-19-2008, 02:09 AM
1BAD3V
6th Gear Member

Nice kill/death with your friend. His 5spd won the 1st race and the LS1 won the dig race. Must be nice to have your parents buy you a car. How old are you?
Old 06-19-2008, 08:03 AM
S8ER01Z
6th Gear Member

Nice Kill/Death.
Old 06-19-2008, 08:37 AM
USMCrebel
Mach I Section Moderator

ORIGINAL: 1BAD3V

Nice kill/death with your friend. His 5spd won the 1st race and the LS1 won the dig race. Must be nice to have your parents buy you a car. How old are you?
Nice runs with your friend.....now now be nice, he is still one of us. as long as he is greatful, instead of bitchy about it he's good with me.
Old 06-19-2008, 09:07 AM
AMoRT
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: USMCrebel

ORIGINAL: 1BAD3V

Nice runs with your friend.....now now be nice, he is still one of us. as long as he is greatful, instead of bitchy about it he's good with me.
haha thanks. I'm 15 and so is my friend who drives the 08 gt
Old 06-19-2008, 09:17 AM
Riptide
6th Gear Member

lol rich kids

He's got a GT and an LS1 camaro and he's 15?
Old 06-19-2008, 09:20 AM
steele901
4th Gear Member

15?! ahh hell...[:@]
Old 06-19-2008, 09:20 AM
USMCrebel
Mach I Section Moderator

lol yeah 15 with a stang....damn, it's cool your parents did that for you, but dont take advantage of it...just be grateful and dont be like all the other teens F&F out there.

NO the 15year old has a gt, he never said how old the LS1 driver was.
Old 06-19-2008, 09:35 AM
Riptide
6th Gear Member

No his friend who drove the GT also has an LS1 camaro (rebuilding the engine) and he goes on a few posts down to say it's the same person.

Unless I misunderstood. Hey anything is possible. Even 15 year old kids with Camaros and Mustang GTs. lol

Quick Reply: 08 Mustang GT vs. LS1 Camaro