Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

LS2 GTO OWNED!

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2008, 01:58 PM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

Default RE: LS2 GTO OWNED!

I raced a LS2 Goat in my 06GT.

Met the guy at a car show. We just ran for fun. He was a really cool guy and we shot the shat for a good while.

1st time was from a roll and he thrashed me.

Then we ran from a dig three times, andmarkedit for a 1/4 mi on them.
I actually beat him everytime. The second time he missed 2nd gear.
He was admitting they are hard to get off the line and he seemed to be an o.k driver.
Man those things are'nt that quick off the line but once they get going they get going.
Notlong at all after the quarter marker he would catch up to me and be ahead of me, yes on every run.

I have run a few more goats after that one and all seem to be sluggish off the line (same results as that series of races
really). Either thator I ran into driver error on their parts every single time...but like I said once they do get going they do get going.
Old 06-24-2008, 02:16 PM
USMCrebel
Mach I Section Moderator

any goat owners or anyone wanna chime in?

does the IRS make them that hard to launch? or what is it
Old 06-24-2008, 02:17 PM
99GTvert
is my username.

IRS and skinny tires.
Old 06-24-2008, 02:19 PM
USMCrebel
Mach I Section Moderator

i thought they had the same tires the Fbody did?
Old 06-24-2008, 02:53 PM
cacimar
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: USMCrebel

that and the fact that it has narrow tires in the back dont help much either
Old 06-24-2008, 02:59 PM
mac10chap
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ripped camel

Yeah cacimar I never take racing seriously. It's all in good fun for me. Any other way wouldn't make it a hobby, because a hobby is supposed to be something you enjoy.

Mac10chap I don't consider Fi a bolt on. Regardless of what you might see it as, the majority see FI or Nitrous as a power adder. So by me stating almost fully bolted on I'm referring to bolt on parts to my na motor. Lets put it this way the only bolt ons I don't have are UDP, TB or plenum which wouldn't give me that many gains on a na car anyway (although the udp's can't be used on fi).

S8ER01Z.....6.0 GTO's with a good driver should be a high 12 second car, average driver low 13 second car. So again with bolt ons I'm assuming he's an average driver which is where I got my mid 12 number from. Of course with a good drivers and DR's he could possibly pull low 12's.

99GTvert.......you're a tool [8D]
hey buddy, wasnt trying to rip you in any way...i saw where someone asked you how you lost to a GTO in a full bolt on stang...basically seeing what your actual mod list was to see where you would compare to that GTO power wise and simply using my setup as a baseline for comparison. I dont consider FI a bolt-on either. by bolt-ons, i say full exhaust, CMCV, U/D, CAI, gears, etc...good run either way...
Old 06-24-2008, 05:04 PM
ripped camel
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mac10chap

ORIGINAL: ripped camel

Yeah cacimar I never take racing seriously. It's all in good fun for me. Any other way wouldn't make it a hobby, because a hobby is supposed to be something you enjoy.

Mac10chap I don't consider Fi a bolt on. Regardless of what you might see it as, the majority see FI or Nitrous as a power adder. So by me stating almost fully bolted on I'm referring to bolt on parts to my na motor. Lets put it this way the only bolt ons I don't have are UDP, TB or plenum which wouldn't give me that many gains on a na car anyway (although the udp's can't be used on fi).

S8ER01Z.....6.0 GTO's with a good driver should be a high 12 second car, average driver low 13 second car. So again with bolt ons I'm assuming he's an average driver which is where I got my mid 12 number from. Of course with a good drivers and DR's he could possibly pull low 12's.

99GTvert.......you're a tool [8D]
hey buddy, wasnt trying to rip you in any way...i saw where someone asked you how you lost to a GTO in a full bolt on stang...basically seeing what your actual mod list was to see where you would compare to that GTO power wise and simply using my setup as a baseline for comparison. I dont consider FI a bolt-on either. by bolt-ons, i say full exhaust, CMCV, U/D, CAI, gears, etc...good run either way...
I hope my post didn't come across d!ckish to you, because it wasn't intended that way. I'm an extremely blunt person, so sometimes things come out a little too forward. But yeah my mods are BBK LT's, BBK catted H, borla exhaust, diablo chip, fidanza alum flywheel, hurst shifter, BBK CAI, BBK springs, Full length subframe connectors and it's been fully tuned up all new plugs, cleaned maf, tb, plenum, new fuel filter, new battery, RP oil, RP trans fluid etc etc. I also run nothing but 93 octane fuel.

this race wasn't really a race because we didn't go from a dig at all. I was in the middle of 3rd and hit it from there. I didn't drop to 2nd because it would've been to high in the rpms, so I wasn't exactly in the right place to try and pull someone. I wasn't even being serious about the race which is why I didn't bother honking it 3 times, he revved and I just hit it. He dropped a gear and just went! He pulled hard on me, and definitley was far from stock!

Had we went from a dig I think I would've pulled on him pretty bad out of the hole, and I think he would've caught me and past me with ease after he got going.

If I were to of taken this roll race seriously, I would've made sure to be around 3500-4000RPMs in 2nd gear when I started. That's where my beast takes off the hardest!

Old 06-24-2008, 05:45 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 99GTvert

OH NO WAI!!! You should definitely run high 12s now!!
[sm=laughat.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=laughat.gif]
Old 06-24-2008, 06:08 PM
ripped camel
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bluebeastsrt

ORIGINAL: 99GTvert

OH NO WAI!!! You should definitely run high 12s now!!
[sm=laughat.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif][sm=laughat.gif]

How did I know you would chime in with absolutely nothing productive to this post?[8D]
Old 06-24-2008, 06:27 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: USMCrebel

Mine was a bitch to launch (once modded)until I got DRs. It was an unstalled automatic LS1, so DRs fixed that, it still had some wheel hop, but not too bad. Mine hooked fine stock with a 2.1 60' almost everytime..the tune and bolt-ons changed that bigtime.

The biggest problem I had with the IRS was the wheel Hop. I don't think the stock 245 width tires contribute as much to the lack of traction as people think.

Quick Reply: LS2 GTO OWNED!