Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

LS2 GTO OWNED!

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 03:18 AM
Morbid Intentions
Wash Rinse Repeat

Default RE: LS2 GTO OWNED!

and have you even been to a dragstrip yet to see all theunstreetable dragsters running bulletproof 4 speed automatics through diamond strongrear axles and steam roller tires?
^^ my real words. getting in the last word trying to justify yourself with taken out of context quoting won't work this time... just clearing that little bit up

I prefer to be faster... so I opted to get an auto

others might prefer the experience, let them get a manual

^^ I also said this, so save your "feel of a sports car" unnecessaries because it should have ended with that
Old 06-25-2008, 03:26 AM
MrRogers
5th Gear Member

well on average the goats are faster in automatic form since you mentioned it, and have you even been to a dragstrip yet to see all theunstreetable dragsters running bulletproof 4 speed automatics through diamond strongrear axles and steam roller tires
Ive been to the strip plenty

what does theZ06 run?
Maybe I misread you intentions, but again I'm done with this conversation. There's nothing to drop.
Old 06-25-2008, 04:08 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

I see someone likes to get the last word in........ interesting read
Old 06-25-2008, 04:35 AM
Subotai_95
4th Gear Member

Alright you two.. get out the e-ruler already.. lol.. And morb, I know you enjoy it, but pppllleeeaaassseee don't **** off the professor.. The last time he was in a pissy mood for two weeks.. LOL
Old 06-25-2008, 05:54 AM
cacimar
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Morbid Intentions

ORIGINAL: MrRogers

Ive been to the strip plenty.
what does theZ06 run?

and like I said before, on average the A4 goats are faster than the M6 counterparts in stock form... and my point was the reason unstreetable dragsters run auto's is because they are better for the strip, as you said in your own post
No they re not at least stock vs stock. A guy who knows what he is doing will out run and out trapp your auto in the 1/4 mile. On average they re more consistent but not faster !!!!
Old 06-25-2008, 06:02 AM
Morbid Intentions
Wash Rinse Repeat

ORIGINAL: cacimar
you re right about the auto being more consistent and faster in the 1/4 mile.
my only advice to you would be to make up your mind
Old 06-25-2008, 06:07 AM
cacimar
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Morbid Intentions

you re right about the auto being more consistent and faster in the 1/4 mile.
my only advice to you would be to make up your mind
yeah i did not mean faster on that one but consistency. In my mind faster is the car who trapps higher than the other and not the one who ran better E.Ts [8D]

And btw i find it funny that you quote someone bashing a SRT-4!!!
Old 06-25-2008, 06:20 AM
Morbid Intentions
Wash Rinse Repeat

In my mind faster is the car who trapps higher than the other and not the one who ran better E.Ts [8D]
in the real world the first one to cross the line wins and makes more usage of it's power... I don't even pay attention to trap speed because a race isn't about top end, it's about two cars racing a certain distance and the winner crosses a certain finish point first

the car with the lowest ET is the fastest, the car with the highest trap speed is the best person for roll racing... which is about as cool as being the smartest person with down syndrome IMO

put it this way, when I was a kid and I was in a footrace... ifI came in 2nd, I diddn't argue with the kid that came in 1stabout how much more velocity I had when I crossed the finish line... I just accepted that he was faster and moved on

Old 06-25-2008, 06:28 AM
bolt.com
1st Gear Member

By many accounts from GTO owners on LS1GTO forums, the things are hard to launch. I was looking at the possiblility of buying a used '04 a few months ago, went over there and signed on and end up finding out that alot of board members are dicks........arrogance sucks.Its the main reason I went with a Mustang instead of a GTO as the Mustang community tend not to be dicks............not to mention that the reliability on the LS1's or LS2's are a big black dot!!! LS1's = lots of minor engine gremlins and LS2's = lots of major engine gremlins.
So Im slower............at least Im on the road...............
Go to a strip where you got alot of guys cruising.......like I have near me.....and watch the 6 sp guys blow up on the line and leave half a tire. From a roll they are monsters, especially when the gig goes past triple digit speed...........
Old 06-25-2008, 06:36 AM
MrRogers
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bolt.com

By many accounts from GTO owners on LS1GTO forums, the things are hard to launch. I was looking at the possiblility of buying a used '04 a few months ago, went over there and signed on and end up finding out that alot of board members are dicks........arrogance sucks.Its the main reason I went with a Mustang instead of a GTO as the Mustang community tend not to be dicks............not to mention that the reliability on the LS1's or LS2's are a big black dot!!! LS1's = lots of minor engine gremlins and LS2's = lots of major engine gremlins.
So Im slower............at least Im on the road...............
Go to a strip where you got alot of guys cruising.......like I have near me.....and watch the 6 sp guys blow up on the line and leave half a tire. From a roll they are monsters, especially when the gig goes past triple digit speed...........

[sm=WTFsgign.gif]

Of all the issues people have with GM, their engines are not one of them.

Quick Reply: LS2 GTO OWNED!