Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

OOOOOOO MMMMMYYYYY GGGGGGGOOOODDDDD A V8 CIVIC!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2008, 08:37 AM
boss_dude_429
3rd Gear Member

Exclamation OOOOOOO MMMMMYYYYY GGGGGGGOOOODDDDD A V8 CIVIC!!!!!

holy crap friday night me and my best friend josh mathis go to the depot(the local hangout) in his budget blown 1968 mustang coupe nobody likes to race us because, hey we have 563rwhp and they don't =) okay so we smoked a 97' civic about 2 months ago, so on the particular night we see the same civic, NOT running, okay so we ask him if he want's to race, with a huge smile he ses yea, we think he's still preety stock mabey a small nitrous kit, ok so me and julie (josh's g-friend) hop out and she goes up to do the classic arm drop, then he cranks up and WOW, i look at josh and he's just as stunned as me, then as the shock wears off of him, he get's out pop's the hood and tightens the wastegates up, they're adjustable, now i'm afraid he's gonna grenade our hard work, and as i'm freakin out he just tells me not to worry, he didn't do what i think he just did. so now they're pulled up and i'm thinkin he's gonna blow it up i just know, as soon as josh left he hooked and the other guy didn't, and boy did he hook i coulda swore i saw light under the tires, so josh has by two and the something came alive in the other guy's car, all of a sudden he makes up those two and gains one, and he hld that all the way to the lights, so we go and look at his setup and he's got a damn 350 sbc with two garrett turbos!!!!!! anyone else seen anything like this

Last edited by boss_dude_429; 11-24-2008 at 12:19 PM.
Old 11-24-2008, 08:56 AM
Solitear
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by boss_dude_429
holy crap friday night me and my best friend josh mathis go to the depot(the local hangout) in his budget blown 1968 mustang coupe nobody likes to race us because, hey we have 563rwhp and they don't =) okay so we smoked a 97' civic about 2 months ago, so on the particular night we see the same civic, NOT running, okay so we ask him if he want's to race, with a huge smile he ses yea, we think he's still preety stock mabey a small nitrous kit, ok so me and julie (josh's g-friend) hop out and she goes up to do the classic arm drop, then he cranks up and WOW, i look at josh and he's just as stunned as me, then as the shock wears off of him, he get's out pop's the hood and tightens the wastegates up, they're adjustable, now i'm afraid he's gonna grenade our hard work, and as i'm freakin out he just tells me not to worry, he didn't do what i think he just did. so now they're pulled up and i'm thinkin he's gonna blow it up i just know, as soon as josh left he hooked and the other guy didn't, and boy did he hook i coulda swore i saw light under the tires, so josh has by two and the something came alive in the other guy's car, all of a sudden he makes up those two and gains one, and he hld that all the way to the lights, so we go and look at his setup and he's got a damn 350 smc with two garrett turbos!!!!!! anyone else seen anything like this

Mmm most i'v seen is a miata with a 5.0 in it, never ran him due to the fact he weights about nothing compared to me (miata with a 5.0 swap) never seen him run it at all tho but the car sounds great
Old 11-24-2008, 09:09 AM
cacimar
5th Gear Member

I love it, that was a hell of a story. Dude there is always somone with a bad@ss and faster car out there. That car must have been sick twin turbo v8 civic ftw
Old 11-24-2008, 09:26 AM
AmericanSpeed
5th Gear Member

Crazy. Last time I was at the track, there was a miata with an LS1 vette engine dropped in it.
Old 11-24-2008, 09:34 AM
lbballin9
3rd Gear Member

I used to know a guy who put a semi truck turbo on his miata
Old 11-24-2008, 09:50 AM
buster
4th Gear Member

As much as I can't stand rice, this made me smile.
Old 11-24-2008, 10:46 AM
DeltaElite121
2nd Gear Member

There's a guy in my area who's paid off his entire college loan with his car. He has a Fiesta that has a Talon front end, and a big wing on the back and all that. Looks like rice, and that was the idea. He's got a 350 in this car and he can't even run it full throttle because he can't grab traction and just spins all the way through the gears if he punches it.

Powerful car to say the least. He's made quite a few bets with people who assumed very wrong.
Old 11-24-2008, 12:22 PM
boss_dude_429
3rd Gear Member

he converted his little ricer to a true rwd "hybrid", he ran a 9in. rear with 3.90 gears
P.S. i'll get somepics next time were up there, just a soon as we finish his blown 430cid fe and get rid of the c6 with a toploader

Last edited by boss_dude_429; 11-24-2008 at 12:27 PM.
Old 11-24-2008, 12:28 PM
jakeachy
3rd Gear Member

Just because its a foreign car means its rice? Or is it rice because you are a sorry loser?
Old 11-24-2008, 12:37 PM
MJH78
3rd Gear Member

My wife's grandpa had a blown 5.0 in Mitsubishi Mighty Max (little truck). it was ridiculous. He's way old for that crap now, but he was forever making strange car/engine combos. He had dome a similar thing to a little 240Z and an old fart friend of his has basically what amounted to a Nascar, complete cage and all, with the ugliest brown shell from an 80's caddy on it. Lives out in southern cal. He said to see the look on a guy's face in a ferrari when this old fart passed him in an old brown caddy was priceless. All true stuff, he's one crazy old man. Been an engineer and into racing his whole life.