Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Raced an S2K

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2008, 09:29 AM
cacimar
5th Gear Member

The New TC balt even out performed the mighty expensive ISF (lexus) at the twisties as well
Old 11-27-2008, 10:25 AM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by jmac72187
I would definitely love an S2k also. I am just saying that the Cobalt does actually outperform it. That doesn't necessarily mean you would be more happy in it. I know that my next daily driver will most likely be a Miata when I can afford a better DD. Is it fast? No. But it handles well and it will be a fun car to have everyday and through the New England winters.
Jmac, I have an 02 silver miata I'm trying to sale. Pm me if you're intrested. It has about 30k miles on it.
Old 11-27-2008, 10:27 AM
jmac72187
corner carver

Originally Posted by Stone629
Jmac, I have an 02 silver miata I'm trying to sale. Pm me if you're intrested. It has about 30k miles on it.
Trust me. I wish I could afford it right now. I probably can't afford it for a while. Right now I DD a Buick and it is comfortable but that is about it. I want something that is somewhat fun.
Old 11-27-2008, 10:39 AM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

I feel you're pain, man. Thats the main reason I'm trying to sale it. Its a fun car, I just need to thin the herd a bit to free up some money, lol.
Old 11-27-2008, 02:26 PM
volcomchester18
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Red Turbo Integra
That's fine. I'm not telling you not to like V8s or whatever size motor, all I was trying to tell you was that you could still boost the S2Ks high compression motor and make some good power.

Your right, power is made easier with a big displacement motor. Ok, we get that the S2k has low torque. Will it give you the kick in the *** that a v8 will, no, it won't. Doesn't mean it can't be made fast though. I don't see how you can compare not liking 4 bangers powers just because of the S2ks torque. There are other 4 cylinders that make good torque, like the SRT-4 and the STI, both of which make good torque for what they are, especially the subies boxer motor.

As I said, you like what you like and that's cool.
Yes I do know there is other 4 bangers that make good torque. But you can never get the torque that u get from v8 N/A, or with boost. I personally said that I dislkike 4 bangers, thats all hence I talked **** on the s2k. lol I dont like them, but if i see a fast 4 banger I respect it as long as its not riced out. that just me lol, not bashing anybodys ride its just my personal opinion.
Old 11-27-2008, 02:58 PM
jakeachy
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by volcomchester18
Yes I do know there is other 4 bangers that make good torque. But you can never get the torque that u get from v8 N/A, or with boost..
care to elaborate?
Old 11-27-2008, 05:15 PM
Riptide
6th Gear Member

I'm assuming he meant that the larger the engine the larger the potential power. As a general rule that seems to be true. Ofcourse, his statement is a little misleading. Because depending on the size of the V8 you very much can get equal torque or even better torque from a blown 4cyl engine that might have smaller displacement. Once you get to a certain size it's going to be hard to match the larger engine, especially if it has FI and is built up.
Old 11-27-2008, 08:15 PM
perfect.disguise
5th Gear Member

Ehh, it's all in how much either side wants to spend.
Old 11-28-2008, 02:18 AM
volcomchester18
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Riptide
I'm assuming he meant that the larger the engine the larger the potential power. As a general rule that seems to be true. Ofcourse, his statement is a little misleading. Because depending on the size of the V8 you very much can get equal torque or even better torque from a blown 4cyl engine that might have smaller displacement. Once you get to a certain size it's going to be hard to match the larger engine, especially if it has FI and is built up.
yeah, thanx. I meant to say that a v8 will have torque through a larger range than a 4 banger. And will obiosly respond to boost better. Its common knowledge, I dont have to explain this fact. lol
Old 11-28-2008, 05:10 AM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by perfect.disguise
Ehh, it's all in how much either side wants to spend.
That right, He who spends the most wins.

Quick Reply: Raced an S2K