Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

The biggest idiot that's tried to race you...

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2008, 11:03 AM
MJH78
3rd Gear Member

Default The biggest idiot that's tried to race you...

What were they driving? Do these people just like screwing with you or do some think they can hang? i.e. guys in Cavaliers and schitt.
Old 11-25-2008, 11:29 AM
jakeachy
3rd Gear Member

85 camaro with what appeared to be 14" wheels with r compounds. This was on the highway, from 65-90. Mind you this was when I had my 165hp engine, and had roughly 90awhp at 70mph.

I beat him, and it felt soo good.
Old 11-25-2008, 11:37 AM
Riptide
6th Gear Member

Looked like a 90 honda civic hatchback with a butt cannon. Not sure if he had anything else done, I doubt it. I almost embarrassed myself though. Spun all the way through first gear bad. Hit second and then that was it ofcourse. I'm sure he wouldn't have even kept up at all in first if I hadn't been such a tard.
Old 11-25-2008, 11:49 AM
Branomano06GT
3rd Gear Member

Hmmm I am gonna go with my dad on the way back to the company from lunch he has a 2004 Yukon Denali XL that thing does have ppower but it also has plenty of weight I destroyed him but it was still funny we got caught at a red light and hes like lets race I haha thats my story. Occasionally I get people in ricerburners and iw ont even look at them just there front end through the corner of my eye I can already tell there gonna wanna go just because of the area I work in I burn them everytime.
Old 11-25-2008, 12:32 PM
S8ER01Z
6th Gear Member

Iroc-Z against my old LT1... Tool ran his mouth before, after and during the races. (None of which he had a prayer of winning).. after his spankings he went ripping through traffic like a tool and almost hit several cars. *sigh*... those were the days.
Old 11-25-2008, 12:53 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Scion TC non-turbo with a fart can while in my S197 GT.

We were driving on surface streets (three lanes in each direction and a concrete center divide with turn lanes for several miles. Speed limit is 45 so I drive 50. A couple of areas we would pass a school zone where the speed limit dropped to between 25 and 35. I would drive the speed limit in those. He would drive in my blind spot at the 45-50 speed and then go zipping past me when I slowed down to 25 or 35 only to let me catch up when the speeds went back up again and drive in my blind spot. Annoying as hell. Finally we approach a red light that's just before a stretch where there's no intersections or lights for a solid 1/2 mile and he must've jumped up to 60 or 70 to pass me only to come to a screeching halt at the red light.

When the light turned green I let him get a car or two ahead of me and just blew past him. I didn't let up until he was a solid 4 or 5 cars cars behind me at which point I let off and coasted back to 50 in a 45. He refused to catch back up to me after that and even backed off further, keeping his distance and turning off at the next opportunity.

Various trucks and a V6 Challenger..yes a V6 challenger.

My favorite are the cars/trucks that know their lane is coming to an end just after a street light and try to beat me off the line to get in front of me and cut over. I normally don't car if they pass me, what I hate is they drive 5 mph UNDER the speed limit after they get in front of you or turn off at the next street...lame. So rather than deal with either scenario, I just have a no flyby zone
Old 11-25-2008, 01:00 PM
Black Mamba GTT
4th Gear Member

Anyone who wants to race in rush hour traffic.....those people are morons!!
Old 11-25-2008, 01:15 PM
EagleStroker
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Black Mamba GTT
Anyone who wants to race in rush hour traffic.....those people are morons!!
Had a guy in a sick Buick Grand National try to do that, I couldn't believe he was willing to destroy his car. Kept slowing down to get back to me, and would floor it until he was on someones bumper
Old 11-25-2008, 01:18 PM
Deadbeat
2nd Gear Member

Subaru's try to race me ALL THE TIME. I think they have self esteem issues as I am BONE STOCK. A newer model revved at me at a light a few weeks back. I turn to the driver with a 'are you serious?' look. I mean, c'mon. Go race a vette or something. I just wanted some McDonalds...

- Deadbeat
Old 11-25-2008, 01:25 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

A kid in a V-6 Stang. Posted a story about it a while ago. The kid thought his torque monster was a world beater. When the race was over we were in different zip codes.

Quick Reply: The biggest idiot that's tried to race you...