Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Who would win? 05 bolt on gt vs SC s2000

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2009, 07:02 AM
MrRogers
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 83gtragtop
These threads are part of the reason we have the S/S.

Lets be honest, most of these races never happen anyway. Especially when the OP doesn't hear things like "yeah you'll kill him" or "you have him easy".

I think it would much more fun to actually have the race and then let us see who can guess the results.

I've seen several "who will win" threads over the years. Not too many actually have a follow up thread or update to the original.

Truth is, most guys are not going to race if they think they are going to lose, and even more are not going to post results even if they did lose. It's a pride thing...I guess.
Old 03-05-2009, 07:44 AM
jmac72187
corner carver

If he is making that much power, you already lost. You outweigh him by over 600 pounds.
Old 03-05-2009, 08:39 AM
USMCrebel
Mach I Section Moderator

from a dig have him butter an eat em like a biscuit

if he wants to run from a roll do a slow roll, your only hope is to out torque him before he get's into his 900k rpm redline. but his numbers should look closer to ~300rwhp and 215rwtq....with your mods you should have damn near 100 ftlbs of torque on him. and the same HP.

so im calling it in your favor from a slow roll, from a 45-55 roll it's yours to lose, but from a 60+ i think he's got you covered.
Old 03-05-2009, 08:48 AM
Red Turbo Integra
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by USMCrebel
from a dig have him butter an eat em like a biscuit

if he wants to run from a roll do a slow roll, your only hope is to out torque him before he get's into his 900k rpm redline. but his numbers should look closer to ~300rwhp and 215rwtq....with your mods you should have damn near 100 ftlbs of torque on him. and the same HP.

so im calling it in your favor from a slow roll, from a 45-55 roll it's yours to lose, but from a 60+ i think he's got you covered.
I don't know though, he is supercharged, so he's gonna make most of his torque pretty quick, and that, coupled with the lighter wieght I think is going to be enough to take him out even from a low roll. Don't forget, the s2000 has very close gears and a 9k redline which will also help at cutting down the OPs torque advantage.
Old 03-05-2009, 09:24 AM
05slpGT
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by MrRogers
Lets be honest, most of these races never happen anyway. Especially when the OP doesn't hear things like "yeah you'll kill him" or "you have him easy".

I think it would much more fun to actually have the race and then let us see who can guess the results.

I've seen several "who will win" threads over the years. Not too many actually have a follow up thread or update to the original.

Truth is, most guys are not going to race if they think they are going to lose, and even more are not going to post results even if they did lose. It's a pride thing...I guess.
I am going to race him, and even if i lose will post it. I dont care if i lose, i actually like races that are a challenge bc when im driving around on the street i win almost every race because noone that is ever close in my speed will race me. So yes im going to race him, his car will be put back together in about a week or 2 so dont expect it to be right away. The only way it wont happen is if he backs out again. And im telling everyone right now, you are my witness if i win there will be an excuse LOL. Ive beaten him many times and every time he has a new excuse.
Old 03-05-2009, 09:40 AM
USMCrebel
Mach I Section Moderator

Originally Posted by Red Turbo Integra
I don't know though, he is supercharged, so he's gonna make most of his torque pretty quick, and that, coupled with the lighter wieght I think is going to be enough to take him out even from a low roll. Don't forget, the s2000 has very close gears and a 9k redline which will also help at cutting down the OPs torque advantage.
while this is true the torque curve on them isn't as flat as the GT will be. the supercharger is only ~60ci right?, and at 5 psi he's not even in the meat of the flow. the GT will have power from 3900-just before redline, where as the S2k will start making more torque later in the RPM's just due to engine size. where the GT will be making it fairly low in the RPM's. the initial torque advatage the Gt has over the honda is quite significant,
Old 03-05-2009, 10:05 AM
bolivianpimp
4th Gear Member

685 hp at 14 lbs? LMAO spank that pos
Old 03-05-2009, 10:44 AM
05slpGT
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by bolivianpimp
685 hp at 14 lbs? LMAO spank that pos
where in houston do u live? u can record it for me and be my witness :-P
Old 03-05-2009, 10:59 AM
Black Mamba GTT
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 05slpGT
I am going to race him, and even if i lose will post it. I dont care if i lose, i actually like races that are a challenge bc when im driving around on the street i win almost every race because noone that is ever close in my speed will race me. So yes im going to race him, his car will be put back together in about a week or 2 so dont expect it to be right away. The only way it wont happen is if he backs out again. And im telling everyone right now, you are my witness if i win there will be an excuse LOL. Ive beaten him many times and every time he has a new excuse.
If you were closer I would race ya
Old 03-05-2009, 02:30 PM
acarzt
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 05slpGT
where in houston do u live? u can record it for me and be my witness :-P
I don't see too many modded mustangs in San Antonio(if that is where you still live) I have seen a few modded S2000s tho. I played around with one on the Highway, it was red and all motor. It was pretty quick but I would have beat him. We never actually had a chance to line up next to each other but I was catching up to him pretty quick. Had to stop for traffic. :-P I'd be willing to film this race :-D

Quick Reply: Who would win? 05 bolt on gt vs SC s2000