Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

byebye to my vette

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2009, 11:29 PM
procs2v
3rd Gear Member

Default byebye to my vette

I haven't posted on here in a long time. I wrecked my vette almost two months ago. But thats not the reason why I have not posted. The car was totaled but the insurance company made me almost have a heartattack because they did not want to pay me. The reason being is because I had nitrous on the car. They made me do three interviews and even pulled my times off of the racetracks website. They say they don't insure cars that race and it is in writing on every policy. And no I was not at the track we it happened. After two months and alot of nights of sleep lost, I did get paid. So the wife did not want me to buy it back since I now have a son, so I bought a Magnum srt8. I'll post some picks later. Black with Nav, Sunroof, Kicker sub, HID's, and Lowered so far. Mods to come.
Old 03-21-2009, 11:35 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Whoa, I'm glad they ended up paying you man. That type of behavior is typical of an insurance company. I can't stand those bastards. Congrats on the new SRT-8. The SRT Magnum is a good looking ride.
Old 03-21-2009, 11:52 PM
2000AZ5.0GT
5th Gear Member

I would have demanded either them pay, or give you pack every cent that you had paid in premiums since it's been on your policy, either or

but I'm glad you got it taken care of (you did right?)
Old 03-22-2009, 12:14 AM
MrRogers
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by procs2v
I haven't posted on here in a long time. I wrecked my vette almost two months ago. But thats not the reason why I have not posted. The car was totaled but the insurance company made me almost have a heartattack because they did not want to pay me. The reason being is because I had nitrous on the car. They made me do three interviews and even pulled my times off of the racetracks website. They say they don't insure cars that race and it is in writing on every policy. And no I was not at the track we it happened. After two months and alot of nights of sleep lost, I did get paid. So the wife did not want me to buy it back since I now have a son, so I bought a Magnum srt8. I'll post some picks later. Black with Nav, Sunroof, Kicker sub, HID's, and Lowered so far. Mods to come.
How did you wreck it?
Old 03-22-2009, 06:11 AM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MrRogers
How did you wreck it?
Probably hit something.
Old 03-22-2009, 06:19 AM
Stkjock
Retired Mod

sorry to read this man, congrats on being a dad, and best with the Magnum
Old 03-22-2009, 07:58 AM
procs2v
3rd Gear Member

My traction control was not working from us just puting the new motor in, so I drove it to work to try to find the problem, I did not have time to work on it and on the way home I must have hit something slick because it just got sideways on me in third gear, I had to correct it from not hitting a car but i hit a curb. The car was not bad at all I found all the parts for around $3400 but they wrote it up for alot of bs and said it had $18000 in damages.
Old 03-22-2009, 08:06 AM
procs2v
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Stkjock
sorry to read this man, congrats on being a dad, and best with the Magnum
Thanks he is a 8months old now, he is just as much fun as the vette was. I had to try the magnum out already. I ran my boys bolt on Mach 1, its been 12.5's@112 on dr's. I ran him 4 time from a roll and twice from a dig and with him on his street tires I bet him by 1 car from a roll and 2-3 from a dig. And that was to around 125mph. I think it will go 12.80's stock. Pulls pretty good for a big bit$h.

Last edited by procs2v; 03-22-2009 at 08:10 AM.
Old 03-22-2009, 08:52 AM
SubTexel
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by procs2v
Thanks he is a 8months old now, he is just as much fun as the vette was. I had to try the magnum out already. I ran my boys bolt on Mach 1, its been 12.5's@112 on dr's. I ran him 4 time from a roll and twice from a dig and with him on his street tires I bet him by 1 car from a roll and 2-3 from a dig. And that was to around 125mph. I think it will go 12.80's stock. Pulls pretty good for a big bit$h.
Sorry about the vette man, congrats on the SRT8!

Also as an FYI LXForums and SRT8OC are really the only worth while forums for our cars (information wise).
Old 03-22-2009, 09:22 AM
procs2v
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by SubTexel
Sorry about the vette man, congrats on the SRT8!

Also as an FYI LXForums and SRT8OC are really the only worth while forums for our cars (information wise).
yea i am over there also, I had another magnum in 04 when they first came out. Are you going to the m/g next saturday?

Quick Reply: byebye to my vette