Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

first kills w/4.10s/race tune & cut outs...

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2009, 05:18 AM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Default first kills w/4.10s/race tune & cut outs...

2 03 WRXs, both modded.

Went from a 40 roll on both runs,they both jumped about half a car, then I pulled and stayed even til about 120 then I pulled a good 2 cars on both of them. They wanted to go from a DIG but I declined because of damned winter tires. lol.

I think with the 4.10s I might have been able to even out launch them. I have raced a few REXs and STIs and the best they got me off the line was about 2 1/2 cars then I'd reel them in... the WRXs at least, the STIs keep about either half a car or a car on me. That was with an intake/tune only.

I needs me a danged torque converter now! I might just pick up one of them TCIs street fighters for now.. bamachips is only selling them for $450.. not bad at all.

Last edited by stealth_GT; 04-26-2009 at 05:20 AM.
Old 04-26-2009, 08:39 AM
OneGearhead
6th Gear Member

nice wins. what year is your car? mods?
Old 04-26-2009, 04:15 PM
Projectquick
5th Gear Member

OP you def. have a hp advantage against both the WRX and the STI. I'd say you made a good decision in avoiding trying to launch hard on 4.10s and street tires. The only reason you lost to those STIs was their launch advantage. A torque converter and a set of nitto DRs and you're in business.
Old 04-26-2009, 05:01 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Projectquick
OP you def. have a hp advantage against both the WRX and the STI. I'd say you made a good decision in avoiding trying to launch hard on 4.10s and street tires. The only reason you lost to those STIs was their launch advantage. A torque converter and a set of nitto DRs and you're in business.
lol especially with the studded snow tires! They are okay from a higher roll, but still under hard acceleration it feels like the tires are spinning faster then they can grip because of the studs on there.. not the smartest thing to do, especially at high speeds, but I was just testing out the cars potential.. couldn't help it, being that I just got the gears a few weeks ago.

They were actually pretty quick for being 03s, but after 110, they were simply toast.

From a DIG though, I could tell they would be real nasty... I bet they think I wussed out for not wanting to go from a dead stop.

(-:
Old 04-26-2009, 05:14 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Grn N Gry 5OH
nice wins. what year is your car? mods?

updated sig.

(O_o)
Old 04-26-2009, 10:58 PM
OneGearhead
6th Gear Member

ahh. sweet. again, nice runs.
Old 04-27-2009, 01:36 AM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

... so much for that idea. Launching with these bad boys turned out to be alot harder then I thought.

Power braking then flooring it proved to be a waste of rubber.

Launching at idle, while using my left foot for the brake, then hitting tapping the gas til I get a nice take off seems to do the trick, though honestly.. it's NOTHING like how I thought it would be and nothing like this damn video!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfVO_...e=channel_page

Honestly, I think the 3.31s with a high stall converter would be alot better then it is now..

(O_o)>?

I might try a toned down tune...
Old 04-27-2009, 02:39 AM
GrnBullitt08
5th Gear Member

the 4.10s will wake the car up lol, I have a set setting in my garage that I have yet to install...good runs
Old 04-27-2009, 05:34 PM
bolivianpimp
4th Gear Member

Good Kills man I have yet to race on of those cars.
Old 04-27-2009, 08:52 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by GrnBullitt08
the 4.10s will wake the car up lol, I have a set setting in my garage that I have yet to install...good runs
nice aeroplane.. you should put one of them engines into a GT lol.

(-:

The 4.10s are nice but I seriously need some new rubber. It simply SHREDS the ones I have now from a dead stop.

Nice bullitt BTW...

I should have gotten one. I like how subtle it is..

Quick Reply: first kills w/4.10s/race tune & cut outs...