Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

STi vs C6

Old 02-10-2006, 10:02 PM
WRXtranceformed
5th Gear Member

Default RE: STi vs C6

ORIGINAL: formulajunky

If you have never been to the track you have no freaking clue what you run... Who cares what someone runs with simular mods as you, Its driver That means your car may be able to run 11's but thats doesn't mean you'll run any quicker than 13's. Same with 900hp surpa's most still run 11's or 10's, Its driver and car together.
Didn't I say that I had never been to the track? I thought that part was pretty clear.

There are numerous stories of everyday average drivers w/ GT35R setups putting carlengths on C5 Z06s from a highway roll. Having owned two heavily modified Subaru's, I'd say it's safe to say that I'm a good driver with them
Old 02-11-2006, 01:15 AM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MaSTi

Ahhhh finally a vette encounter and kill. It wasn't by much, but it was enough to make me happy.

First of all, just remeber I DO respect the V8, and did own a f-body. Now to the story....

Well I was on my way home yesterday and saw a set of round tail lights in the slow lane. I decided to check it out, so I pulled up along the side of him and scoped this thing out. It ended up being a nice black C6 containing a male driver of about later 20s and I assume his gf same age. Well I let him pass me to see the car completly (you know to see if it was legit and wasn't a cop or anything). Well after that I passed him again to give him a thumbs up. He returns it with a friendly wave. I go on about my commute leaving him behind doing the speed limit.
Later down the road I see his lights FLYING up on me. So I down shift and gass it as he comes along the side of me. After this he realizes I'm game for a quick run. He then points ahead and wants me to run him. I down shift and give him a tap of the gas noting I was ready. We both gun it together and I jump about half a car. I was REALLY nervous since I knew I had to shift from 4th to 5th (a tough shift in the past). Well I stuffed the clutch to see him regain composure and break even. At this point I was amazed, I started to pull SLIGHTLY while in 5th. We didn't get to run more since traffic was approaching.
We then both pulled in to a gas station, but he didn't even want to talk to me. He did at least say good run, but then walked off. I at least wanted to chat it up, but I guess he didn't.
Gotta add this in to a very old post:

Dude, after tonight, I'm sorry, but im throwing up the BS flag.

No way you could pull on a real C6 like that.

The guy i raced tonight had all of the "power" mods as you except for the typhoon and tune. At 300/300 HP/TQ there is no WAY your 3300 pound car is gonna pull on a 350 RWHP (at LEAST) vette like that.

I started to reel that guy in by the time he was in 4th gear. And I don't want to make a video of what a C6 will do to me from a 4th gear roll. I would simply get chewed apart.

Somethings gotta be up. The guy tonight was guessing at around 280 AWP? So he's not that far off from you, at 300/300.
Old 02-11-2006, 01:38 AM
Clif Brohn
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: BicketyBam

Anyone driven a C6? I have. My brother bought one 2 weeks ago and let me drive it for 1/2 hour....by myself (he trusts me). That car - at highway speeds - is a freakin monster. Cruising at 55, you can drop it in to 2nd (not a typo) blast up to 80, hit 3rd and blow past 100. I'm sure what Sti guy is saying is true, but C6 man was either a) not trying very hard, b) caught way off guard, or c) a complete idiot. I'm not super knowledgeable when it comes to quick little 4 bangers, but the C6 will eat up many cars from a highway roll. The car will do 180! Do you think it takes 10 years to get it up there? It pulls hard from 50 right up through 140. Oh yeah, it ain't too bad from a dig either.

Put me in a C6 and I'll race an STi from highway roll all day long.
Hrmm....... 180 ehh? While the $80,000; Chevrolet, performance built Z06 tops at a little over 190 on a race track? Don't think so.

As for the kill claim, I have mixed opinions on this one, so meh. Good kill. If you're BSing, shame on you.

EDIT: Didn't realize this thread was so old and beat. My bad.
Old 02-11-2006, 02:45 AM
nanaki
Retired MF Moderator

ORIGINAL: formulajunky

If you have never been to the track you have no freaking clue what you run... Who cares what someone runs with simular mods as you, Its driver That means your car may be able to run 11's but thats doesn't mean you'll run any quicker than 13's. Same with 900hp surpa's most still run 11's or 10's, Its driver and car together.
not everybody lives right down the street from a track. the closest quarter mile track to us is MIR or mason dixen. that's a good long drive.
Old 02-11-2006, 06:32 AM
2000camaro
2nd Gear Member

I would have to go with the American muscle over the rice anyday.
Old 02-11-2006, 08:27 AM
MaSTi
2nd Gear Member

The guy i raced tonight had all of the "power" mods as you except for the typhoon and tune. At 300/300 HP/TQ there is no WAY your 3300 pound car is gonna pull on a 350 RWHP (at LEAST) vette like that.

I started to reel that guy in by the time he was in 4th gear. And I don't want to make a video of what a C6 will do to me from a 4th gear roll. I would simply get chewed apart.

Somethings gotta be up. The guy tonight was guessing at around 280 AWP? So he's not that far off from you, at 300/300.
[/quote]

I'm not saying I have 300/300 right now. I am over that mark, but haven't dynoed since the tune. Also there is a HUGE difference when the car gets a Protune.

[] I told the story how it happened, so call BS all you want. In my story this was only a short race, with me being in my powerband and his possibly just getting use to the car, I dunno. The fact is I won this one. Like I stated in my most recent post, I'd like to do it again if/when I see another one.

One other thing...... Looking at your mods, if you took him that bad that kid couldn't drive. I don't see you killing a modded STi with the mods similar to mine. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure your car is pretty fast, but for you to walk that bad, maybe he missed a shift or something. [&:]
Old 02-11-2006, 11:35 AM
JonBeast

ORIGINAL: 2000camaro

I would have to go with the American muscle over the rice anyday.
An STi isn't rice by any means.

Some domestic people are so freakin blind [>:]
Old 02-11-2006, 12:28 PM
67Stang937

ORIGINAL: Clif Brohn

ORIGINAL: BicketyBam

Anyone driven a C6? I have. My brother bought one 2 weeks ago and let me drive it for 1/2 hour....by myself (he trusts me). That car - at highway speeds - is a freakin monster. Cruising at 55, you can drop it in to 2nd (not a typo) blast up to 80, hit 3rd and blow past 100. I'm sure what Sti guy is saying is true, but C6 man was either a) not trying very hard, b) caught way off guard, or c) a complete idiot. I'm not super knowledgeable when it comes to quick little 4 bangers, but the C6 will eat up many cars from a highway roll. The car will do 180! Do you think it takes 10 years to get it up there? It pulls hard from 50 right up through 140. Oh yeah, it ain't too bad from a dig either.

Put me in a C6 and I'll race an STi from highway roll all day long.
Hrmm....... 180 ehh? While the $80,000; Chevrolet, performance built Z06 tops at a little over 190 on a race track? Don't think so.

As for the kill claim, I have mixed opinions on this one, so meh. Good kill. If you're BSing, shame on you.

EDIT: Didn't realize this thread was so old and beat. My bad.
Corvette C6 Top Speed- 186mph

Corvette C6 Z06 Top Speed- 198mph
Old 02-11-2006, 12:38 PM
2000GT4.6
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MaSTi

I'm not saying I have 300/300 right now. I am over that mark, but haven't dynoed since the tune. Also there is a HUGE difference when the car gets a Protune.

[] I told the story how it happened, so call BS all you want. In my story this was only a short race, with me being in my powerband and his possibly just getting use to the car, I dunno. The fact is I won this one. Like I stated in my most recent post, I'd like to do it again if/when I see another one.

One other thing...... Looking at your mods, if you took him that bad that kid couldn't drive. I don't see you killing a modded STi with the mods similar to mine. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure your car is pretty fast, but for you to walk that bad, maybe he missed a shift or something. [&:]
[/quote]

Dude a C6 is way way faster than my car from a roll. It would be a complete rape.

The guys over on stiforums said that his car (the guy I raced) with full exaust and a uppipe should be making 270 RWHP or so on a dynojet, and with a tune something like 300 RWHP.

300 RWHP, or even 320 rwhp, is not anywhere near enough to outrun a C6, even dead stock, from a roll.

The guy was driving the **** outta the WRX, powershifting every gear, and throwing flame at each shift. On the launch he was riding the limiter and then dumping the clutch. It wasn't a rape at all, I was just able to outpower him a bit on the top end. In the 1/4 mile with the launch I got I would have never caught him

Here is the link:

http://videos.streetfire.net/player....B-E522BD624ACF

If my car can hang with this one, no way you can outrun a stock C6 with what is done. I;m not saying your lying, im saying something was up. he didn downshift, or just got a bad punch or something. If I were you I would not run around thinking I was gonna beat up on c6s.
Old 02-11-2006, 01:16 PM
MaSTi
2nd Gear Member

Yeah, I never said I was gonna run around beating on C6s. Can you point this out??? I said it would be fun to have another run in, but that's all. IF you also look at my orignal post, this was a short *** race. It was only like one gear for me, with a touch of another. Do you know how fast we have to change gears???? The gearing is soooo short in the STi it's just stupid. I know if I had a run in with a C6 from like 45-150 I'd get killed, but look at my orignal story!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: STi vs C6