Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

STi vs C6

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2006, 01:20 PM
98LS1
6th Gear Member

Default RE: STi vs C6

The guy with the EVO here made 354 awhp a good bit ago on a Mustang dyno and he still only went bottom 12's @ 114'ish.
Old 02-11-2006, 01:58 PM
formulajunky

ORIGINAL: nanaki

ORIGINAL: formulajunky

If you have never been to the track you have no freaking clue what you run... Who cares what someone runs with simular mods as you, Its driver That means your car may be able to run 11's but thats doesn't mean you'll run any quicker than 13's. Same with 900hp surpa's most still run 11's or 10's, Its driver and car together.
not everybody lives right down the street from a track. the closest quarter mile track to us is MIR or mason dixen. that's a good long drive.

I drive an hour and a half to the track once a month,
Old 02-11-2006, 03:28 PM
MaSTi
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 2000GT4.6

ORIGINAL: MaSTi

Dude, after tonight, I'm sorry, but im throwing up the BS flag.

No way you could pull on a real C6 like that.

The guy i raced tonight had all of the "power" mods as you except for the typhoon and tune. At 300/300 HP/TQ there is no WAY your 3300 pound car is gonna pull on a 350 RWHP (at LEAST) vette like that.

I started to reel that guy in by the time he was in 4th gear. And I don't want to make a video of what a C6 will do to me from a 4th gear roll. I would simply get chewed apart.

Somethings gotta be up. The guy tonight was guessing at around 280 AWP? So he's not that far off from you, at 300/300.
I'm not saying I have 300/300 right now. I am over that mark, but haven't dynoed since the tune. Also there is a HUGE difference when the car gets a Protune.

[] I told the story how it happened, so call BS all you want. In my story this was only a short race, with me being in my powerband and his possibly just getting use to the car, I dunno. The fact is I won this one. Like I stated in my most recent post, I'd like to do it again if/when I see another one.

One other thing...... Looking at your mods, if you took him that bad that kid couldn't drive. I don't see you killing a modded STi with the mods similar to mine. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure your car is pretty fast, but for you to walk that bad, maybe he missed a shift or something. [&:]
Dude a C6 is way way faster than my car from a roll. It would be a complete rape.

The guys over on stiforums said that his car (the guy I raced) with full exaust and a uppipe should be making 270 RWHP or so on a dynojet, and with a tune something like 300 RWHP.

300 RWHP, or even 320 rwhp, is not anywhere near enough to outrun a C6, even dead stock, from a roll.

The guy was driving the **** outta the WRX, powershifting every gear, and throwing flame at each shift. On the launch he was riding the limiter and then dumping the clutch. It wasn't a rape at all, I was just able to outpower him a bit on the top end. In the 1/4 mile with the launch I got I would have never caught him

Here is the link:

http://videos.streetfire.net/player....B-E522BD624ACF

If my car can hang with this one, no way you can outrun a stock C6 with what is done. I;m not saying your lying, im saying something was up. he didn downshift, or just got a bad punch or something. If I were you I would not run around thinking I was gonna beat up on c6s.
[/quote]

Ahhhh that's why you weren't impressed. The guy you ran was only running 16PSI. Usually the average off the shelf map is 17.5PSI while a tune can put you at 20-21PSI that tapers @redline. Nice run in though, unfortunatly I can't view any video since work sucks and restricts it, and my computer at home is worse.......slow laptop. [:@]