Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Cobra and LS1 T/A vs My SS

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 03:27 PM
The Stig
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by tspence45
^^^^Yours is probably from the same company that I'm looking at. They've got a completely bare manifold, one with the coolant lines, and then another one with injectors and tb too. They probably just upped the price a little since you got yours. I'll probably end up ordering one before the night's over. lol
Its a good mod, especially for $400. Some people waist that much on a stupid MAF. IMO keep you MAF stock. I de-screened mine and plan on keeping it stock. Get a bigger TB & Manifold and your intake will be set for bolt ons. Just make sure you get an EGR block off plate. This is a good excuse to buy some hooker headers as them come with a block off plate =) That's what I did anyway.
Old 09-21-2009, 03:40 PM
tspence45
4th Gear Member

I already ordered my exhaust. I got some eBay stainless headers, from dptmotorsport. As bad as that sounds, a lot of people on LS1tech have bought these headers, and have had awesome results. They're great quality, and no fitment issues at all. But, I ordered those, emissions block-offs, o2 extensions, and my mufflers last week. It's going to the exhaust shop next week, and they're putting everything on, and making an H-pipe for it. Then, I'll throw the LS6 intake on it, when I get it back, and get a tune. Then, this car will be a completely different animal.
Old 09-21-2009, 03:59 PM
The Stig
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by tspence45
I already ordered my exhaust. I got some eBay stainless headers, from dptmotorsport. As bad as that sounds, a lot of people on LS1tech have bought these headers, and have had awesome results. They're great quality, and no fitment issues at all. But, I ordered those, emissions block-offs, o2 extensions, and my mufflers last week. It's going to the exhaust shop next week, and they're putting everything on, and making an H-pipe for it. Then, I'll throw the LS6 intake on it, when I get it back, and get a tune. Then, this car will be a completely different animal.
Sounds like a good plan. I haven't heard anything about that brand but I have heard a lot of people are happy with some lesser known brands. I put Pacesetter headers on my old V6 and they were terrible. Its like they didn't think about anything, it took forever to put them on because of fitment issues and then after they were on they rubbed up against the steering column. So this time I paid extra and got the ceramic coated long tube Hookers. They look very nice. Fit with a few small adjustments and came with good gaskets and O2 extensions. I liked the quality of them too, all the welds look almost perfect and the inside of the primary is smooth as silk.

After you finish with your bolt ons you should do some suspension. I'm in the middle of suspention mods right now. And then comes the 100 shot =)
Old 09-21-2009, 04:12 PM
tspence45
4th Gear Member

Suspension is already in the works. I've got UMI LCA's and a PHB sitting in the garage. I'm also going to order some Competition Engineering adjustable drag shocks soon too. Hopefully, I should have all this stuff on before October 31st, and we'll see how the car does in some good air, at the MFBA track rental.