MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   Street/Strip (https://mustangforums.com/forum/street-strip-25/)
-   -   Track times from last week (https://mustangforums.com/forum/street-strip/567986-track-times-from-last-week.html)

hpwrestler220 10-13-2009 04:08 PM

Track times from last week

Im not running as fast as most of you guys, but thought id post up some timeslips from my car

i personally had a best 14.133 @ 98.27 with a 2.154 60"...

i had a nice 2.070 60" my first time down the track, but i slammed it into 2nd and i couldnt get traction the whole way down the track in 2nd gear. i was literally burning out the whole way through second gear and i had to let off bc i was going straight for the wall of the track =/ and than i missed 3rd gear.. i ended up running a 14.6 that run, but i really believe that that was going to be my 13 second pass =/

i ran the car 11 times and all were in the 14.1-.6 range

i then let my sister's bf drive my car down the track and he got a 13.999 @ 99.51 with a 2.060 60"

so at least i know the car is capable of 13's!! i just wish i coulda hit it, but its no big deal

mods are 2001 GT 5 spd with a catted midpipe, catback, cai, diablo canned tune... steeda tri-ax. 315/35/17 nitto 555 extreme performance street tires. tokico HP series gas shocks/struts with tokico lowering springs, steeda front sway bar, kenne brown FLSFC and x brace

car isnt set up for drag racing.. it takes turns better, but it was just fun to get down the track for the end of the year and rip through the gears without anything breaking

i just want to know why people with less mods and street tires with no suspension work run much quicker times. i dont get it =/

Stone629 10-13-2009 04:35 PM

Good runs man. Thats not bad at all. Just keep practicing and you'll get those ETs into the 13s.

To answer your question, you don't have any suspension mods other than the front sway bar that helps in drag racing. Lowering your car hurts weight transfer to the rear wheels a good bit. You've got wide tires, but they're still street tires, so a 2.0 60' is going to be about the best you're going to get out of them without some weight transfer. I had those Nittos Extremes on my automatic Mach, and managed a 1.98 some how, but never did it again, lol. I think you have a 13.7-8 in that car. Just keep at it.

hpwrestler220 10-13-2009 05:29 PM

thanks man...

i thought a sway bar HURTS with drag racing?? dont some people take them off?? this steeda one is like 1.5" thick i think. its huge lol

and i know i dont really have any helpful suspension mods... i just posted them up to show you guys that my car is more set up for twisties rather than drag

yeah i thought a 2.0 was pretty good for street tires. thats average for street tires right?

Stone629 10-13-2009 05:44 PM

You're right, they do. I didn't realize you had a heavy one. I'm used to associating Steeda with lighter weight parts, lol.