Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Lame Kill of the month... VW Turbo Beetle

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2009, 02:56 PM
S8ER01Z
6th Gear Member

Default Lame Kill of the month... VW Turbo Beetle

I was on my way home the other night and a VW Beetle shot past me while going through an intersection. I didn't really think anything of it and continued on at my 40mph pace. A few blocks later the Beetle got caught up in traffic and ended up behind me again.. then shoots past me and sits just in front of my nose. I glance over and see the Turbo S badge...laugh to myself and continue on. He then drops back to my rear bumber and sits there... and I hear a turbo spooling (must have been riding a gear at high rpm waiting for me)... after about 10 blocks of whatever the hell he was doing I dropped to 2nd and wait for him. As soon as I dropped to 2nd (at a little over 40mph) I hear his turbo again and his nose lifts... so I just fed the pedal. Not sure what the kid was expecting but when he got up next to me at the next light he wasn't interested anymore. His girlfriend was laughing and he didn't look really happy (kid must have been clueless). I felt stupid for wasting gas but after asking for it I felt someone should **** in his cereal and get it over with. haha

Now back to the grind...supposed to snow next week...yeah.

Last edited by S8ER01Z; 11-30-2009 at 03:00 PM.
Old 11-30-2009, 03:08 PM
CobraSnake
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by S8ER01Z
I was on my way home the other night and a VW Beetle shot past me while going through an intersection. I didn't really think anything of it and continued on at my 40mph pace. A few blocks later the Beetle got caught up in traffic and ended up behind me again.. then shoots past me and sits just in front of my nose. I glance over and see the Turbo S badge...laugh to myself and continue on. He then drops back to my rear bumber and sits there... and I hear a turbo spooling (must have been riding a gear at high rpm waiting for me)... after about 10 blocks of whatever the hell he was doing I dropped to 2nd and wait for him. As soon as I dropped to 2nd (at a little over 40mph) I hear his turbo again and his nose lifts... so I just fed the pedal. Not sure what the kid was expecting but when he got up next to me at the next light he wasn't interested anymore. His girlfriend was laughing and he didn't look really happy (kid must have been clueless). I felt stupid for wasting gas but after asking for it I felt someone should **** in his cereal and get it over with. haha

Now back to the grind...supposed to snow next week...yeah.
How much did you win by? Had to have been a bus length or so. Oh and it better not snow next week.
Old 11-30-2009, 03:18 PM
S8ER01Z
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by CobraSnake
How much did you win by? Had to have been a bus length or so. Oh and it better not snow next week.
Well..to be honest if I hadn't heard his turbo and saw the nose lift a little I wouldn't have guessed he even tried. haha.... you know sadly I can't be sure he did try other than he was caught back up pretty quick after I slowed down.
Old 11-30-2009, 03:23 PM
CobraSnake
5th Gear Member

Well..to be honest if I hadn't heard his turbo and saw the nose lift a little I wouldn't have guessed he even tried. haha.... you know sadly I can't be sure he did try other than he was caught back up pretty quick after I slowed down.
lol. You should've asked the chick if she wanted to ride in a real car. haha
Old 11-30-2009, 03:30 PM
S8ER01Z
6th Gear Member

lol. You should've asked the chick if she wanted to ride in a real car. haha
Well my fiancee was in the car with me so that probably wouldn't have went over too well. haha
Old 11-30-2009, 03:46 PM
CobraSnake
5th Gear Member

Well my fiancee was in the car with me so that probably wouldn't have went over too well. haha
Just tell her you forgot to mention that your a swinger.
Old 11-30-2009, 03:48 PM
Riptide
6th Gear Member

Slug bug!
Old 11-30-2009, 05:30 PM
GrnBullitt08
5th Gear Member

I heard you guys were already getting snow up there in Wisconsin
Old 11-30-2009, 05:42 PM
99GTvert
is my username.

SLUG BUG _______________ (punch!)

Did that car have the flower holder, too?
Old 11-30-2009, 05:43 PM
CobraSnake
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by GrnBullitt08
I heard you guys were already getting snow up there in Wisconsin
well last week there was a little bit that came down at night, but it never stuck. I live in Milwaukee so I don't see the snow like the towns up north do.

Quick Reply: Lame Kill of the month... VW Turbo Beetle