Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Don't drive like a ass with your pregnant girlfriend in the car...

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2010, 10:59 PM
302army187
6th Gear Member

Default Don't drive like a *** with your pregnant girlfriend in the car...

Man did I hear about this once the camera was off, LOL!!!

The reason I'm posting it here is at the end is a clip of when a highly modified 2008'ish F250 Diesel pulled up next to me, and stood on the throttle. Truck got the hit, but you can see what happens in the video

ENJOY!
Let me know you guys think.

-Robert

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L53jryJDhWc

I also raced a 2009'ish Evo that night, but the video quality was horrible as it was already dark out after we where heading home from dinner. I pulled about 5-6 lengths or so from 55-100mph. Also ripped on him a couple times from a slow roll. sounded stock.
Old 04-14-2010, 01:21 AM
83gtragtop
5th Gear Member

Nice to see a kill video buddy. Those cars weren't really much of a match for your setup.

Haha, I would avoid doing pulls with the pregnant GF in the car. Fix that interior, you got your HVAC dials hanging all over the place and your shifter boot is nowhere to be found. Did you never get the correct bezel and boot after you swapped out the slush box?

Last edited by 83gtragtop; 04-14-2010 at 01:23 AM.
Old 04-14-2010, 05:05 AM
Burrosito
2nd Gear Member

Haha, fun video.

I had my girlfriend threaten to never ride in my car again if I was reckless again. She almost got out and started to walk. It happened when I got poll position at a light, and a Scion TC pulled up next to me. It was full (Driver and two passengers) and they were just fooling around (revving their engine and hoping for a response). I knew they were doing it all in fun because the they were smiling and looking at me, plus the guy in the back seat was laughing and making hand signals that his driver was an idiot. So I give them a little show and hit some high RPM's and they all give me a thumbs up. We both then proceeded to burn the tires as the light turned green. Wasn't a race but just a little fun. That's when the girlfriend through one of the nastiest fits since our relationship.
Old 04-14-2010, 10:29 AM
AmericanSpeed
5th Gear Member

My girlfriend always flips out whenever I drive hard. She screams and yells my name like she is about to die. I tell her that's how I feel every time I'm in her car and she is driving, and thatI don't scream for fear that it will take her attention away from the rode even more.
Old 04-14-2010, 10:46 AM
302army187
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 83gtragtop
Nice to see a kill video buddy. Those cars weren't really much of a match for your setup.

Haha, I would avoid doing pulls with the pregnant GF in the car. Fix that interior, you got your HVAC dials hanging all over the place and your shifter boot is nowhere to be found. Did you never get the correct bezel and boot after you swapped out the slush box?
Yea, It wasn't a good match up. But some mod's and those turbo car's pull hard on naturally aspirated cars at this elevation. The turbo is not effected as much by the elevation.

I bought the gauge pod kit that moves the radio up, so you can put gauges under the radio, but I have been far to lazy to put them in, so everything is stll all pulled apart.

i have a hurst shifter boot/bezel thing that covers that hole up, and is a really good looking piece. Once the car is running right, and I figure out this code 92, then Ill get it put all back together and sorted out.

Originally Posted by Burrosito
Haha, fun video.

I had my girlfriend threaten to never ride in my car again if I was reckless again. She almost got out and started to walk. It happened when I got poll position at a light, and a Scion TC pulled up next to me. It was full (Driver and two passengers) and they were just fooling around (revving their engine and hoping for a response). I knew they were doing it all in fun because the they were smiling and looking at me, plus the guy in the back seat was laughing and making hand signals that his driver was an idiot. So I give them a little show and hit some high RPM's and they all give me a thumbs up. We both then proceeded to burn the tires as the light turned green. Wasn't a race but just a little fun. That's when the girlfriend through one of the nastiest fits since our relationship.
IDK about burning the tires at a light, but I dont mind getting on it next to a car I know has no chance in the world

Originally Posted by AmericanSpeed
My girlfriend always flips out whenever I drive hard. She screams and yells my name like she is about to die. I tell her that's how I feel every time I'm in her car and she is driving, and thatI don't scream for fear that it will take her attention away from the rode even more.
LOL, yea, once I get the bottle hooked back up, or the next motor I plan that will be 550 to the tires all motor (plus a 200shot) I wonder if she will flip out.

Shes pretty shy, and she knows the camera is on, so she won't be as..... animated.... as normal, but she sure had a lot to say about my actions when we got home, lol!
Old 04-14-2010, 11:26 AM
nascrchi
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 302army187
Yea, It wasn't a good match up. But some mod's and those turbo car's pull hard on naturally aspirated cars at this elevation. The turbo is not effected as much by the elevation.

I bought the gauge pod kit that moves the radio up, so you can put gauges under the radio, but I have been far to lazy to put them in, so everything is stll all pulled apart.

i have a hurst shifter boot/bezel thing that covers that hole up, and is a really good looking piece. Once the car is running right, and I figure out this code 92, then Ill get it put all back together and sorted out.

IDK about burning the tires at a light, but I dont mind getting on it next to a car I know has no chance in the world

LOL, yea, once I get the bottle hooked back up, or the next motor I plan that will be 550 to the tires all motor (plus a 200shot) I wonder if she will flip out.

Shes pretty shy, and she knows the camera is on, so she won't be as..... animated.... as normal, but she sure had a lot to say about my actions when we got home, lol!
lol! I'm sure she loves it dude, otherwise after listening to that beast she'd be like no, I'm not getting on. haha
My gf loves it. She knows when imma give the car a pull and braces herself, although I love when I catch her off-guard!
Old 04-14-2010, 05:51 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

That girl is going to break you from picking on her when she gives birth on your floor board, lmao!

Kool vid, man.
Old 04-14-2010, 05:56 PM
302army187
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by nascrchi
lol! I'm sure she loves it dude, otherwise after listening to that beast she'd be like no, I'm not getting on. haha
My gf loves it. She knows when imma give the car a pull and braces herself, although I love when I catch her off-guard!

lol, I try to catch her off guard, but with the 4.10 gears and how loud it is, I cant really do it anymore.

Originally Posted by Stone629
That girl is going to break you from picking on her when she gives birth on your floor board, lmao!

Kool vid, man.
lol, she was pretty pissed. Another month or so and I wont be able to drive like that with her in the car. she should be giving birth the beginning of august, and yea, I dont want placenta on my carpet. haha
Old 04-14-2010, 09:46 PM
Jfsram
4th Gear Member

Her neck muscles are stronger than you give credit for.

Having an understanding girlfriend does make enjoying the hobby quite a bit easier.

Way back when my son was still facing backwards in his car seat, his head would tilt down with the slightest amount of throttle. I'd avoid any crazy driving with a baby in the car but one time I had the mother's approval.
At at red light with NOTHING out in front. No intersections, driveways, sidewalks etc. Just an empty road. A Camaro IROC pulled beside my 88 LX with a couple young dudes throwing my revs and getting all happy in their car. Wife twisted over and held the boy's head down. Let them have it she said.

Anyways, hate to sound contradictary but you should tone it down a bit in rural areas.
Old 04-14-2010, 10:03 PM
302army187
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Jfsram
Her neck muscles are stronger than you give credit for.

Having an understanding girlfriend does make enjoying the hobby quite a bit easier.

Way back when my son was still facing backwards in his car seat, his head would tilt down with the slightest amount of throttle. I'd avoid any crazy driving with a baby in the car but one time I had the mother's approval.
At at red light with NOTHING out in front. No intersections, driveways, sidewalks etc. Just an empty road. A Camaro IROC pulled beside my 88 LX with a couple young dudes throwing my revs and getting all happy in their car. Wife twisted over and held the boy's head down. Let them have it she said.

Anyways, hate to sound contradictary but you should tone it down a bit in rural areas.

yea, she deals with my **** well. I dont do anything crazy in traffic. the only part I regret is that part where I fishtailed first and second, that could have got ugly, and I could have slammed into someone.

Quick Reply: Don't drive like a ass with your pregnant girlfriend in the car...