Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

GTO, Bullitt, and 2010 V6

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 12:01 PM
lbballin9
3rd Gear Member

Default GTO, Bullitt, and 2010 V6

It was a pretty busy day for me on the way to work.

First car was a 2010 v6 vert mustang that kept trying to mess with me on the highway. It was a spanish guy who had has girl in the passenger side. I looked over at him and just shook my head no. His girl laughed and turned to him while pointing at me. I was going about 70, and he hit it right when she turned to him. I only dropped it into fourth because I figured I didn't need to put it into third to work him. I was right. By the time I hit one to one ten I had probably 2-3 cars on him. He actually did a ricer fly by after I slowed down. Later I caught up to him on the highway again and they waved.

2nd car was an older guy in a New edge bullit. I saw him ahead and was like...hey that car looks and sounds pretty good. I was driving about forty five when I caught up to him and he sped up and started pacing me. I nodded and he hit it. I only downshifted into third instead of 2nd cause I figured I had this guy pretty easily too. I passed him while still in third, mis shifted going into fourth, and by the time I actually got into fourth, he caught up a little to where his front nose was at my back bumper and then it was bye bye.

3rd car was a newer 6.0 GTO. I was figuring I was gonna get beat but not spanked. I saw the guy catching up quick to get to me, and it looked like he had magnaflows on the back. It was an older guy in this car too. He looked over, I gave a thumbs up, and he honked it off. We were at a 35 roll, and I actually jumped on him to where I had about a half car. I held that to about 90 until I shut down and had to turn into work. I figure if I would have gone any further he would have started to catch up and pass.

1 day...3 kills = hat trick
Old 05-17-2010, 01:23 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

That's a good day.
Old 05-17-2010, 03:35 PM
AmericanSpeed
5th Gear Member

When are you putting the Vortech on?
Old 05-17-2010, 07:49 PM
lbballin9
3rd Gear Member

I am trying to get a fuel pump and injectors and I'll be putting it on asap. Just still looking for a good deal on both those items.
Old 05-18-2010, 01:26 PM
crash
BrandofPoop

Poor Bullitt lol
Old 05-19-2010, 07:06 AM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by lbballin9
It was a pretty busy day for me on the way to work.

First car was a 2010 v6 vert mustang that kept trying to mess with me on the highway. It was a spanish guy who had has girl in the passenger side. I looked over at him and just shook my head no. His girl laughed and turned to him while pointing at me. I was going about 70, and he hit it right when she turned to him. I only dropped it into fourth because I figured I didn't need to put it into third to work him. I was right. By the time I hit one to one ten I had probably 2-3 cars on him. He actually did a ricer fly by after I slowed down. Later I caught up to him on the highway again and they waved.

2nd car was an older guy in a New edge bullit. I saw him ahead and was like...hey that car looks and sounds pretty good. I was driving about forty five when I caught up to him and he sped up and started pacing me. I nodded and he hit it. I only downshifted into third instead of 2nd cause I figured I had this guy pretty easily too. I passed him while still in third, mis shifted going into fourth, and by the time I actually got into fourth, he caught up a little to where his front nose was at my back bumper and then it was bye bye.

3rd car was a newer 6.0 GTO. I was figuring I was gonna get beat but not spanked. I saw the guy catching up quick to get to me, and it looked like he had magnaflows on the back. It was an older guy in this car too. He looked over, I gave a thumbs up, and he honked it off. We were at a 35 roll, and I actually jumped on him to where I had about a half car. I held that to about 90 until I shut down and had to turn into work. I figure if I would have gone any further he would have started to catch up and pass.

1 day...3 kills = hat trick

Congrats dude. I kinda figured the turn out of the 1st two but I'm kinda surprised about the GTO. I bet you the guy was like WTF!!
Old 05-20-2010, 09:26 AM
VistaGT
4th Gear Member

stock goats aren't THAT fast. It could have been an auto with just a catback. My friends '06 runs mid 13's and he has a CAI and cutouts(auto)