Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Anyone want to guess what this was?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2010, 05:41 PM
moochman4life
3rd Gear Member

Default Anyone want to guess what this was?

No well-written kill this time, fellas.

Got into a good one earlier with an AMG Mercedes. For the last hour and a half, I've been trying to find pictures of the type online, but there are so many friggin AMG's...I'll do my best, then hit you with the best picture I could find.

It was a black 4-door (I'm not saying "sedan", yet), said CLS 63, 65 or 55 on the left out back and AMG on the right out back. It only had two numbers after the CLS. To the best of my "vision", I thought it said "kompressor" on the front quarter and NOT 6.whatever.

This is the best "picture" I could find, because you can hit the sub menus and it moves the car around lol:

http://www.mercedes-amg.com/cl65.html#/cls63-specs

Now here is why I'm a little skeptical that it was the car in the above link: that thing apparently is rated at 600+hp and 700+ft/lbs of torque. I've got between 565hp and around 505-510ft/lbs. Sure, I have a sizeable weight advantage on it but still...

We had two runs on a one-way two-laner. I was in second and went through 4th both times. First time he started behind me coming around a corner at a light, but I only crept on him a few inches never really gaining. The second run started neck and neck. I got the jump (lighter?), but he was never more than a car behind...maybe a half-car. I never saw him looking straight out my side window.

After all was said and done, we almost get to a light, slow down, he asks if I'm supercharged, I say hell yeah dude. He goes, "Badass" and throws me a peace sign all GQ and **** with his slicked hair and pulls a uuuuee at the light. We're both smilin'.

SO...I gave up trying to figure out exactly what it was. Didnt get a chance to ask him...and could only see so much info in the short amount of time. SO, given the figures listed, does it seem far-fetched that it actually WAS the 63...or was it the "weaker" 55? The CLS 63 is listed as a coupe, but has four doors.

I'm tellin ya, I was trying to get the visuals when he went for the uuuueee, and I even remember that chrome line that runs from side-to-side in between the taillights.

Thoughts? Far-fetched?
Old 05-23-2010, 08:25 PM
AmericanSpeed
5th Gear Member

63's have N/A V8s at arond 510 hp. 65's have the bi-turbo V12s with the 600/700. I don't think the CLS comes in the 65.