Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Me vs. SN95 vs older Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2010, 12:21 AM
maxshuty
4th Gear Member

Default Me vs. SN95 vs older Camaro

Tonight I was out cruising around and I'm going through a stop light when I see a SN95 GT turn and he guns it to catch up with me (I stayed at 25mph right in my sweet spot with the race tune I use). I think it was a GT, but it had Cobra rims and the car sounded really mean. It may have been a cobra, I really couldn't tell - it was dark out and couldn't see the guys car the greatest. I believe there were 3 people in the car. I had two races vs this guy...

Race 1: So as I'm sitting at 25 he comes up to me and just floors it, I get right on it too. He puts about half a car on me just because he got the jump but then I put a car length on him and shut it down. So then he does the classic ricer fly-by and I just do a friendly wave... I look over as he's passing by and everyone in his car is giving me the finger. So here I'm thinking "wow way to have some friendly pride in our Mustang's." It was a bunch of kids that looked 17-19 years old. So then I just continue on my way, they got in front of me, and then they turned slowly - I got up to the guys window and smiled, and gave them the finger back. Not very mature of me but honestly wtf, had to put them in their place lol. So then this kid has the nerve to turn around and follow me. I purposely go 15mph under the speed limit and he catches up. By now we're out of town and into the country. I am going about 45mph in a 55 waiting for him to get in the other lane and run me again, he just tailgated me forever - then finally...

Race 2: The guy pulls in the other lane and gets to my door and guns it, so I gunned it too. He got dead even with me all the way up to 80mph, I thought he was gunna just keep slowly pulling on me. But then at about 85mph I start pulling pretty good on him and put about 2 cars on him all the way to 110-ish (I looked at the speedo after I hit the brakes and it was slowing down and I noticed it at 110 so it may have gone up to 115-120.) Anyways I turned around to go home, he did the same but he was a half mile ahead of me. Anyways I'm back in the city... and who pulls up next to me at a red light?? This kid does, lol. This time he's turning and I smiled and nodded, hoping that they wouldn't be dbags and give me the finger... AGAIN, lol. Then they all smiled and waved - so I guess we ended it on a good note heh. Now I kind of wonder what this guy had done or if this was a Cobra afterall? I have no idea how fast the SN95 Cobras are, but with 3-4 people in the car I'm guessing that added weight would slow it down quite a bit to make it a more even race with me? That or it had quite a few bolt-on's for a GT. I raced my buddies 97 GT which has a CAI, Exhaust, Eibach Springs, and a few other mods I can't think of now and I creamed him (that's in another thread, and he's not the greatest driver). Anyone have any idea of what this was because it sure kept up with me pretty good and I know if he didn't have that added weight he would've been pulling on me.

Race 3:
Then right after he turns off... an older Camaro (the 2000ish body style) flys by me, then we both slow down for another light that turned green and he threw a friendly rev. So he ended up following me all the way to the highway and I'm going 45 waiting for him to pass me, then he passes me but wouldnt slow down. So I catch up to him doing about 55-60 and we both gun it at the same time, I slowly but steadily pulled on him. Not sure what speed we shut this one down at... I'd say around 90. But this guy's car definitely looked like a WIP. It had all different colored doors, fenders, hood, etc. I have no idea what was under the hood, I'm guessing just a stock V8 judging by the sound it made heh

Last edited by maxshuty; 08-13-2010 at 12:27 AM.
Old 08-13-2010, 07:55 AM
94Blk5.0
5th Gear Member

Busy night Max. Sounds fun.
Old 08-13-2010, 12:31 PM
drhoward
Penis Mod Erator

I'm guessing it was a gt you raced, a cobra (either 4.6 or the 5.0 version) probably would have pulled on you up top, especially a 4v version

either way, nice races man
Old 08-13-2010, 12:43 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

nice runs man...
Old 08-13-2010, 01:14 PM
simpsonfan13
ELEKTRO-FIDE Moderator

the camaro was not a v8.
Old 08-13-2010, 01:40 PM
maxshuty
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by drhoward
I'm guessing it was a gt you raced, a cobra (either 4.6 or the 5.0 version) probably would have pulled on you up top, especially a 4v version

either way, nice races man
I thought for sure that even a GT would be eating me up at the higher speeds if we were staying dead even through the rest of the race...? I was stunned when I started pulling on him at the higher speeds since we we're pretty much dead even from the 50-55roll all the way to 80-85ish where I started pulling.
Heh either way the kid had a pretty nice car, wish I could have found out what he had done to it.. and his exhaust note is definitely way sexxier than my 'lil v6's. lol.
Old 08-13-2010, 01:58 PM
drhoward
Penis Mod Erator

I know back when my five litre 94 was stock, it had 0 top end. I could see a tuned 4.0 walking away from one.
Old 08-13-2010, 02:31 PM
83gtragtop
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by simpsonfan13
the camaro was not a v8.
This.
Old 08-13-2010, 07:31 PM
rdsx18
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 83gtragtop
This.
I third that.
Old 08-13-2010, 08:07 PM
maxshuty
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by simpsonfan13
the camaro was not a v8.
It really sounded like a V8 - but it was a rust bucket WIP like I said. Perhaps it was a V6 and the exhaust was rusted out? I would have thought I would walked all over an older Camaro V6 rust bucket though - if you figure that with age and the obvious fact the car wasn't taken car of and is just now being re-done I fugre that a car like that would lose quite a bit of it's get-up-and-go factor. I recently sold my old '97 Mazda 626 to my friend and I timed it - the car does ZERO to 60 in 21 seconds. It was a rust bucket, and clearly it lost a lot of horsepower over the years... This guy at least kept up decently which is what made me think it was a V8. But heck I know nothing about them Camaro's so if you all say it's a sixxer then that's probably what it was. Is there anyway to visually tell the difference between a V6 and a V8 on those cars?

Off topic but I just got back from the grocery store.......
2 liter bottles of Dr. Pepper were only $0.14! I bought 21 bottles lol (limit 8... but went through the lines a few times hahaha.) Grand total of.... $2.94 for 21 two liter bottles! lmao. Then on top of that with a store receipt I got 15 cents off per gallon of gas!

Last edited by maxshuty; 08-13-2010 at 08:10 PM.

Quick Reply: Me vs. SN95 vs older Camaro