Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

2011 Mustang GT 5.0 vs Cammed 00 Trans Am

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2010, 10:43 PM
Intervention
3rd Gear Member

Default 2011 Mustang GT 5.0 vs Cammed 00 Trans Am

Did some pulls with my friend.

His T/A moves DAMN well and is even louder than my 5.0 with his cutout open. He traps about 116

Overall, when I had the passenger, his car is definitely a bit faster. Especially from the 35 roll. Too low for 2nd gear, but too high for 1st. When she was in his car, I was able to "just" edge him out. Definitely what you call a drivers race!

I apologize now for the ****ty video quality. My good camera died and had to use a back up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJ8gBjQsS9o&hd=1
Old 09-26-2010, 10:49 PM
mustangmancp
5th Gear Member

Wow great video! T/A runs strong...those cars are damn monsters lol (trust me ). That 5.0 of urs is pretty damn stout as well! Can't believe w/ cai exhaust and tune ur at 425 hp. I mean both cars are around the same horsepower since his numbers are on a mustang dyno.

Overall its what i expected..great races...great video!

Thank you for posting!
Old 09-26-2010, 10:50 PM
Intervention
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by mustangmancp
Wow great video! T/A runs strong...those cars are damn monsters lol (trust me ). That 5.0 of urs is pretty damn stout as well! Can't believe w/ cai exhaust and tune ur at 425 hp. I mean both cars are around the same horsepower since his numbers are on a mustang dyno.

Overall its what i expected..great races...great video!

Thank you for posting!
Here is my dyno video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLLuj78lruU&hd=1

We want to rerun very soon. His car seems faster down low, but i think I can edge him out top end
Old 09-26-2010, 10:55 PM
mustangmancp
5th Gear Member

Looks/Sounds AMAZING...i love the color! Damn i want one! lol Those 5.0's really respond well to mods! Lucky bastard haha.

Im gonna need all kinds of boost to keep up w/ my dads T/A and you're doin w/ with boltons haha. Hate you! (Jk)
Old 09-26-2010, 11:24 PM
tspence45
4th Gear Member

Well, I think it's about time for me to think about getting rid of this headache of a T/A for a new 5.0. Damn that thing sounds amazing. Hard to believe an N/A Mustang is making 425rwhp with just a few minor bolt-ons and a tune. Those were some nice races man, and you've got a hell of a ride. A cammed LS1 is no joke.
Old 09-26-2010, 11:29 PM
Intervention
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by tspence45
Well, I think it's about time for me to think about getting rid of this headache of a T/A for a new 5.0. Damn that thing sounds amazing. Hard to believe an N/A Mustang is making 425rwhp with just a few minor bolt-ons and a tune. Those were some nice races man, and you've got a hell of a ride. A cammed LS1 is no joke.
Thanks man, Ford really engineered a great motor. I dont think even Mustang guys thought it would respond "this" well to mods

In the race video, you can barely hear the mustang. His open cutout drowns out my car. The dyno video, yes it does sound pretty awesome. In person, it is unreal
Old 09-26-2010, 11:32 PM
tspence45
4th Gear Member

I've always been envious of the sound of Modular motors. Now, I'm envious of the power. lol. Damnit. Looks like I may have to go against my ways and become a Mustang guy soon, if I can afford one. lol
Old 09-27-2010, 12:33 AM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Between this video and the M3 VS GT video, I'm convinced this is my next car. Only in race red! Sweet ride dude.
Old 09-27-2010, 05:18 AM
Stkjock
Retired Mod

nice runs man..... wonder the weight difference between the cars as you seem to have the HP edge and the race being so close
Old 09-27-2010, 05:57 AM
Intervention
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Stkjock
nice runs man..... wonder the weight difference between the cars as you seem to have the HP edge and the race being so close
Pretty sure the GT weighs maybe ~100 lbs more

He made 402 on a mustang dyno, so it could be more than a dynojet

Quick Reply: 2011 Mustang GT 5.0 vs Cammed 00 Trans Am