Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Me vs 370Z Nismo and Dodge Caliber SRT4

Old 12-01-2010, 01:51 PM
Mr. E
Banned

Default Me vs 370Z Nismo and Dodge Caliber SRT4

So I finally got some real cars to race me, not cause I thought I would win, just wanted to see how I would do as my set up is new. I dont count the modded Civics, Accords, TCs I have dusted off to be real races, so wont even bother to post those haha. In case you dont know, I have a 2005 Ford Focus ZX3 with a turbo kit putting down 191whp/177wtq at 8psi. I turned my boost up yesterday to 11psi which put me at 223whp/225wtq and decided to mess around and see how my stock clutch held up as it was slipping a bit before.

The 370Z guy was cool. We were both at a light and I asked him if we could run up to 70 cause I wanted to see how I stacked up. He actually held back a laugh and then looked around and I said there were no cops around and he agreed. Light went green and he instantly put about 3 cars on me off the bat but didnt pull away any more. Stayed that way to 70mph. I think he was expecting to kill me alot worse than that, he waved and took off.

Caliber SRT4 was racing with a Camry LE and probably getting bored. I stayed behind them for a few blocks and then pulled behind the Camry at a light with the Caliber to my left. Light went green and the Camry took off quicker than the Caliber, so I was on his bumper waiting to pull in front of the Caliber and take off. The guy in the caliber flashed his high beams a couple teams signaling me to get over I guess, so I did. I was at the top of second and as soon as I pulled into his lane he was on my ***. I went into 3rd and started to pull him. Let off around 80 with him about 3 cars behind. His lights kept getting further back so I thought that was it, but I come to the next light ready to turn left and he comes up quick and gets right behind me. Now I see there are 2 guys in it. Light goes green and I give it light gas to see if hes going to play and hes right on my bumper. So I go into 2nd and pull wide to get into the far lane, giving him the other lane. I give it too much gas, so I am squealing tires around this turn but finally get traction and in full boost in 2nd with him at about my driver side door. I put about 5-6 cars on him by the top of 3rd at 85mph when I let off. So that was my fun for the evening.
Old 12-01-2010, 02:22 PM
300F150
1st Gear Member

Old 12-01-2010, 03:10 PM
perfect.disguise
5th Gear Member

5-6 cars on a C SRT by 85?
Old 12-01-2010, 03:24 PM
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

sounds odd. but.. anything can happen on the street.. should be interesting to see your track times.
Old 12-01-2010, 03:39 PM
Mr. E
Banned

Originally Posted by perfect.disguise
5-6 cars on a C SRT by 85?

I have a 600lb weight advantage to begin with, plus he had a passenger. Its a mid 14 second car with a good driver. So maybe he sucked and then factor in my weight advantage, not so hard to believe.
Old 12-01-2010, 04:02 PM
perfect.disguise
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mr. E
I have a 600lb weight advantage to begin with, plus he had a passenger. Its a mid 14 second car with a good driver. So maybe he sucked and then factor in my weight advantage, not so hard to believe.
Looked it up.. 535 pounds diff..stock for stock...a turbo, intercooler/etc adds quite a bit to stock weight.

Mid 14 sec car with a good driver?
http://www.dragtimes.com/results.php...arch+DragTimes

Main point was the 5-6 cars in 0-85mph... do you know how fast you would have to be to actually do that?
Old 12-01-2010, 04:41 PM
Mr. E
Banned

Calibers have major turbo lag from a 2nd gear roll, look up videos on it. If he was trying to get into 2nd and punch it, which he probably was (doubt he was in 1st at around 25mph) and that thing lagged as bad as it does on videos I have seen, forget it. My car pulls strongest in 2nd and 3rd gear from 20-85mph. Back to the weight thing, the Focus is 2650lbs and thats with power windows/locks. Mine is manual everything which shaves a little off and I took out the spare tire and jack. I am easily sitting at 2600lbs. The Caliber is 3189lbs, so yea. It really makes me wonder how so many people who claim to know so much about cars dismiss something as important as power to weight ratio. You honestly think a 250whp car is going to beat or even keep up with a 223whp car thats 600lbs lighter? If so, you need to go take a physics class
Old 12-01-2010, 04:47 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mr. E
You honestly think a 250whp car is going to beat or even keep up with a 223whp car thats 600lbs lighter? If so, you need to go take a physics class
I'm just going to sit back and see how PD handles this one.
Old 12-01-2010, 04:48 PM
perfect.disguise
5th Gear Member

Haha I quit
Old 12-01-2010, 04:50 PM
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

I think Mr. E should do an LS1 swap.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Me vs 370Z Nismo and Dodge Caliber SRT4