Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Some runs over the past few weeks

Old 04-11-2011, 02:31 AM
89LX Coupe
4th Gear Member

Default Some runs over the past few weeks

My car, 87 gt Full bolt on's stock heads and cam.

04 GTO (LS1 M6) He claims it was a heads cam and full bolt on car with a claimed "485whp" I don't believe that one..... I never saw under the hood of the car but it was cammed for sure and it did indeed sound GREAT!!! Just got one run in with him and I was on my M/T ET dr's and he was on his stock wheels with street tires.

I 10 rolled his a$$ lol since he would spin, He honked it 3 times and I dead hooked and went and he spun at least through 2nd, but when he hooked up he was sucking me up like no other and by the time I hit 6k in 4th gear we where nose to nose and I let out.

I shook his hand and said good run, but when I said something about My car not doing too shabby for only 250whp he had a look of disgust on his face and walked away....

Turbo 96 Civic 4door built SOHC 1.6L vtec (vtec wasn't working) 7.8:1 cr pnp head, cam, skunk 2 intake mani and I think either a GT28R or GT30R turbo@12psi on a base map for the car. My car is in race mode, short belt on the bogarts with a 26x10.5 M/T ET street

1st run 20 roll he's a half car out on me as he's honking and he break boosted, We took off I spun in 1st and he didn't spin and I pull 2nd and pull even with him and I hit 3rd and pull a fender and he misses 3rd.

2nd run I did his 40 roll, He was out a half car before the run and he break boosted, 3rd honk we're off he kinda pulls on me at first and I stop the pull instantly I hit 3rd and start pulling back hard and putting 1 car on him through 3rd and pull 4th and pulling even harder and at the end of 4th I was ahead about 2 1/2-3 cars.

07 GT with a Whipple blower (don't know the amount of boost) stock exhaust manifolds, and midpipe, slp axle back, 4:10 gears and about a 28" tall nitto 555r dr's 463whp. My car is in race mode, short belt on the bogarts with a 26x10.5 M/T ET street. We only did one run and it was just for ****s and giggles.

We went from a DIG!!! haha He honked 3 times We were off I patted the gas twice in 1st then matted it and pulled 2nd and she hooked and he blew 1st gear away (I was told he hooked in 2nd) I shot out 1 1/2-2 cars on him ran through 2nd and hit 3rd and he was coming and coming FAST!!!!! I got to the top of 3rd and he blew past me put about 2 cars on me by the time I pulled 4th and he let out....... Basically I held him off for right at a 1/8 mile witch is about what I expected would happen so I was happy and he said he was pretty surprised at how fast my car took off on him.

Lastly a white C5 vette I'm guessing an earlier one around 97-98, possibly an auto and I'm pretty positive it was stock. It was also a targa top he had his girl with him. I was by myself on the bogarts and had the 26x10.5 ET streets on.

Not really a side by side run BUT haha, I was driving on the highway came up on a Dumptruck in the right lane running really slow going up a steep hill, car came out from behind the truck into the left lane running round 40mph as they slowly pass the dump truck I pull it back into 3rd they creep up to 45mph and makes a gap so I can get over and pass the slow moving car I do see the Vette is dead on my a$$ and follows my move. I get my speed up to 50mph (around 3200 in 3rd) I floor it and as I do so, the front end on the Vette raises, I run 3rd out pull 4th and I'm steadily pulling and get to about 5k in 4th gear and have about 3-4 cars gap in between me and the vette.

He pulls up beside me and him nor his girl look my way then they fall back and don't pull back up beside me as I slow down for him running 45 in a 60..... I guess he didn't want to have a "real race" haha.

Those are the few run ins I've had in about the past month.....

Last edited by 89LX Coupe; 04-12-2011 at 02:21 AM.
Old 04-11-2011, 05:04 PM
302army187
6th Gear Member

sounds good man. I gotta learn to drive like you, haha.

most of these guys probably think you have a ton of mod's too, haha
Old 04-11-2011, 07:56 PM
SamsBlueGT
2nd Gear Member

Very nice driving man! Great read!
Old 04-11-2011, 08:14 PM
perfect.disguise
5th Gear Member

Sounds fun.
Same Civic you told me you want me to bend over? haha
Old 04-11-2011, 08:58 PM
97tplsGT
4th Gear Member

Dont think Ive heard about the civic run.....

302.... If you wanna drive like this guy..... you have to treat your car like you absolutely HATE it, lol.... The ONLY reason he's not breakin **** is because he's already uprgraded just about everything.....

How many cats do you know who will do a rev-limiter launch on "slicks"....... like 5 times in a row??
Old 04-12-2011, 02:36 AM
89LX Coupe
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 302army187
sounds good man. I gotta learn to drive like you, haha.

most of these guys probably think you have a ton of mod's too, haha
thanks man, and just practice!!! hahah I try to run through the gears on my car at least 2-3 times every day that I do drive it (here lately it's everyday lol) or at least run through 1st, 2nd, and hit 3rd haha.

Eh the guy in the civic and the whipple gt are good friends of mine and knows exactly what's done to it but I'm sure the guy in the GTO thought I had a whole lot more done lol and the guy in the vette there's no telling what he though lmao. What ever makes them feel better I guess.

Originally Posted by SamsBlueGT
Very nice driving man! Great read!
thanks man!

Originally Posted by perfect.disguise
Sounds fun.
Same Civic you told me you want me to bend over? haha
Oh it was very fun!!! hahaha and I know this isn't the civic I told you to do that to..... I think that one was the Green civic hatch with a K20 swap that went 7.9's all motor.

Now the one that I ran should be getting tuned in the next 2-3 weeks and is aiming in the ball park of 350-400 soooo it could be interesting for you..... Maybe haha

Originally Posted by 97tplsGT
Dont think Ive heard about the civic run.....

302.... If you wanna drive like this guy..... you have to treat your car like you absolutely HATE it, lol.... The ONLY reason he's not breakin **** is because he's already uprgraded just about everything.....

How many cats do you know who will do a rev-limiter launch on "slicks"....... like 5 times in a row??
the civic run was the same night I ran the S197 just a few hours before.... he just wanted to see how his car stacked up against mine even though he knew he was going to loose....

Oh and I wouldn't exactly say I drive it like I hate it..... I'd say more like I almost don't give a F%#* lmao but I'm impressed that the clutch has held up this long with my driving, and that 4 cyl trans is taking one hell of a *** whooping!! haha REV-LIMITER LAUNCHES FTW!!!!!! (as my trans is doing lol)

Oh and maybe next weekend I might test out the new slicks and the little weight reduction I've done and see if I can get my 7 sec slip!!! If your down to go.
Old 04-12-2011, 07:56 AM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Nice runs Dood... traction wins races for sure, that and staying under 3400 pounds, lol. That sucks for that GTO though, having all that work done and not being able to do much with it down low. The only thing he can really do about it is to run slicks every time he thinks he may go out and run. I bet he was upset, hehe.

Your car must pull pretty decent up top. I figured even one of the slower Vettes would at least stay on your *** (just comparing to other bolt on 5.0s). I ran a newer C5 hard top in my Cobalt from a roll and managed to stay on his rear fender from a 60 roll, but that Cobalt trapped 106, picking up 26 of that mph on the back half of the track so it was a beast from a roll. I'm not sure what those 98's trap, but something was going on with the 98 LS1s that had them running a little slower. The intake mani or something, can't remember. Anyway, nice runs man!
Old 04-12-2011, 08:44 AM
perfect.disguise
5th Gear Member

Let me know if you guys go.
Old 04-12-2011, 10:52 AM
89LX Coupe
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Stone629
Nice runs Dood... traction wins races for sure, that and staying under 3400 pounds, lol. That sucks for that GTO though, having all that work done and not being able to do much with it down low. The only thing he can really do about it is to run slicks every time he thinks he may go out and run. I bet he was upset, hehe.

Your car must pull pretty decent up top. I figured even one of the slower Vettes would at least stay on your *** (just comparing to other bolt on 5.0s). I ran a newer C5 hard top in my Cobalt from a roll and managed to stay on his rear fender from a 60 roll, but that Cobalt trapped 106, picking up 26 of that mph on the back half of the track so it was a beast from a roll. I'm not sure what those 98's trap, but something was going on with the 98 LS1s that had them running a little slower. The intake mani or something, can't remember. Anyway, nice runs man!
Yea the guy with the GTO was fairly cocky, hadn't been long getting the car tuned, and he had just drove in from VA beach for the weekend (he's in the navy) He said his other wheels got messed up some how and they had better hooking tires on it....

As far as my car goes it pulls very well up top considering it makes max power at 4600 all the way up to about 200-300 RPM's before the rev limiter and barley tapers off. So I'm still trying to shift my car where I need too right around 6-6100 but my stupid factory tack wants to be gay alot.... The other night it said I was twisting it to 7000!!!hahha As far as the early LS1's I think the cam a little different and they didn't run as strong, but this one could of very well been an auto 2.73 geared car..... I know I've seen many stock auto vettes run high 13's at 101-104 so there's no telling....

Originally Posted by perfect.disguise
Let me know if you guys go.
I'll let you know I'll just see how things are looking in the beginning of the week and I'll fill you in.
Old 04-12-2011, 11:30 AM
S8ER01Z
6th Gear Member

I'm guessing your track times in sig are outdated... nice driving!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Some runs over the past few weeks