Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Mach1 vs super fast civic vs carrera S

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2011, 07:39 PM
darkmach1
4th Gear Member

Default Mach1 vs super fast civic vs carrera S

So I wasn't gonna post this because I considered this a waste of gas. On Saturday, after changing my spark plugs, I go out for a ride with a buddy to make sure everything was good. On the way back, about 2 blocks from his house on a small residential street's stop sign, this guy in a civic hatchback gets next to me on the incoming traffic as I'm stopping, revs the **** out of motor and launches right thru the stop sign without looking or stopping. I follow this guy hoping he'll go on a main street but he pulls in to a house, I continue and drop my buddy off but little did I know my buddy goes over in his gto and asks this guy if he wants to race me. After some major alleged **** talking including, "I smoke slowstangs" and, "my car is a 12 sec car, he's got no chance" we meet up(he thought I was bolt on only). His friend, the one who lives near my buddy, claims the hatch has an accord v6 swap, although I think it was more like a gsr with a Jackson racing supercharger (I could hear the whine when he would downshift to get even with me). Well we did 2 40mph rolls and one 60 and I had to pull every trick in the book to keep this guy from falling 6+ back, i pedaled it, started in the wrong gear and short shifted at just below 6k rpms. He had no chance.

Now on the way back on a 3 lane highway I see what I later found out to be an 09 Porsche carrera 4s vert, gets next to the to civic and they start talking. Feeling a race coming I downshift to 3rd at 60 while they stay at around 50 about a car or so back. As I look away to a second to speak to my buddy they hit it, by the time I realize it they're even and by the time my car starts accelerating the Porsche is 2 ahead. I stay on it and hit 4th, the hatch falls back very fast and I'm approaching the Porsche and pass him by 120 and by 135-140 I'm 1-1.5 ahead. I start slowing down and the Porsche gets next to me, the young owner has a smile from ear to ear and gives me a thumbs up, I return the gesture and proceed to exit the highway. What a nice Sunday!

* I have the vids of the civic races, even though they're daylight vids, they are short and boring since this guy didnt really give me any competition. The porsche encounter came around to quickly for my buddy to pick up my phone setup the camera and start recording*

Last edited by darkmach1; 05-09-2011 at 07:49 PM.
Old 05-09-2011, 08:18 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Kool story, Dark. Sounds like a good day. Nice work with the Carrera S, those cars are definitely quick. You'd of definitely handed him his *** if he hadn't of gotten such a big jump. Too bad that Civic wasn't as fast as he said he was... could've of interesting. Did he have anything to say after he got beat down?
Old 05-09-2011, 08:42 PM
darkmach1
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Stone629
Kool story, Dark. Sounds like a good day. Nice work with the Carrera S, those cars are definitely quick. You'd of definitely handed him his *** if he hadn't of gotten such a big jump. Too bad that Civic wasn't as fast as he said he was... could've of interesting. Did he have anything to say after he got beat down?
The civic owner didn't say a word about the race, for a second there I thought I had my hands full with him. The Porsche was a 4s cabriolet, fancy word for convertible I guess, I must have deleted the 4 while changing the title around.
Old 05-09-2011, 11:13 PM
SamsBlueGT
2nd Gear Member

Nice work for a "Slowstang"...haha!!!
Old 05-10-2011, 09:49 AM
darkmach1
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by SamsBlueGT
Nice work for a "Slowstang"...haha!!!
Thanks!
Old 05-11-2011, 11:49 AM
okbfd
4th Gear Member

Gotta love it when you spank a crap talker.....there's nothing quite so satisfying

Nice job.
Old 05-12-2011, 03:13 AM
FloRida Livin
Former Sponsor

Well done- He deserved every bit
Old 05-12-2011, 07:19 AM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

That's awesome bro.. good runs.
Old 05-12-2011, 07:24 AM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

Nice runs! You gotta love it when a Mustang outruns a Porsche.
Old 05-25-2011, 11:04 AM
Bmr4life
5th Gear Member

I always laugh at the idea of racing a civic. Nice run with the Porsche though.

Quick Reply: Mach1 vs super fast civic vs carrera S