Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

K20 swapped civic vs Me

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2011, 02:28 PM
89LX Coupe
4th Gear Member

Default K20 swapped civic vs Me

Well almost a week and 1/2 ago the night I was headed off for the beach I had already loaded my car up with all my tools jack lugage, tuned my fuel pressure down for a little bit better mpg's and had a 250 pound friend riding with me to go fill up the car for the trip. On top of all that I just put my street tires on, some wonderful Fusion ZR1's that do no good at all for hooking lol.

Going down the road I see a group of friends and stop and the one with the civic has been wanting to run me something bad since he got this car. 93 Civic cx hatchback K20 swap I/H/E and a tune, Has a little over 200 whp in a 2200 pound car with driver, and he was by himself.

Did 3 runs
1st run 40 roll we took off and it was side by side and then he missed 3rd gear...

2nd run 5-10 mph roll we kicked it and he spun a little bit and I spun a lot a bit clear through 2nd and a little in 3rd by this time he had pulled about 1 1/2 cars on me and kept pulling shutting down at the top of 4th with him out about 2 1/2 cars on me

3rd run we started off on a bridge from a 20 roll and I didn't spin as bad still spun through 1st and 2nd but a pulling spin he was slowly pulling me putting right at a car on me until I pulled 4th and I stoped his pull and held that till the top of 4th gear.

Once I get my new clutch, and another set of dr's we are going to do it again for the heck of it to see the out come. But when that will happen who knows.....
Old 07-25-2011, 04:32 PM
97tplsGT
4th Gear Member

Cant win'em all bro.... but given the circumstances, its not all that unexpected. Run again when you don't have the car packed like the Griswalds, and on a tire, might be a little different story
Old 07-25-2011, 04:54 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Did he realize the major disadvantage on your part?
Old 07-25-2011, 04:57 PM
89LX Coupe
4th Gear Member

Oh i know and dont expect to, but he said he's gonna at least have the glory for now until next time lol.

And for the record the civic did run a healthy 7.88@87 1.72 60' on 22in slicks so I dont think it was bad but I will redeem myself lol.
Old 07-25-2011, 06:23 PM
89LX Coupe
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Stone629
Did he realize the major disadvantage on your part?
Yes and no...... At first he didn't know my car was quite that weighed down.

I told him that I was on the street tires and that I spin.... He said well apparently you havn't seen a fwd on nittos, then I replied apparently you havn't seen a rwd on Fusions lmao.

After the race I showed him everything in the car along with the person I had he said holy SH@*!!!! Along with "I know I was spinning but damn you was really spinning bad!!
Old 07-25-2011, 07:13 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Man, that sucks you weren't ready to run. Wonder what it would've looked like with your tires, 3 tons less weight, etc, etc?
Old 07-25-2011, 07:28 PM
89LX Coupe
4th Gear Member

Man, that sucks you weren't ready to run. Wonder what it would've looked like with your tires, 3 tons less weight, etc, etc?
I know but I know he had been wanting to run and I'm not going to lie I had the itch to run (as I always do) so I didn't mind playing around no matter the outcome.

I hate doing this bench racing how a race would go based off other peoples runs lol, but a 10-15 roll it very well could of been as ugly as 3-5 cars (b/c of me hooking) and a 30-40 roll around 2-4 just putting a good guess on things; along with seeing how my car has done on the street with a few others.....
Old 07-25-2011, 07:45 PM
97tplsGT
4th Gear Member

That bigga difference? I know the fuzions send you skating on the asphalt, but damn you musta been spinning like a ****.

Noticed you didn't mention a dig run..... but I also know that would be real ugly for the import lol. Hurry up and get that damn clutch in there! (like I said from jump street ) You should consider yourself having a little extra money since you didn't have to get a tow from Myrtle Beach VERY lucky dad's a ***** and tows his car everywhere, lol!
Old 07-25-2011, 07:50 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 89LX Coupe
I know but I know he had been wanting to run and I'm not going to lie I had the itch to run (as I always do) so I didn't mind playing around no matter the outcome.

I hate doing this bench racing how a race would go based off other peoples runs lol, but a 10-15 roll it very well could of been as ugly as 3-5 cars (b/c of me hooking) and a 30-40 roll around 2-4 just putting a good guess on things; along with seeing how my car has done on the street with a few others.....
I hear ya about the bench racing, just wondering how bad the weight and traction hurt ya. Sounds pretty significant though. Either way, props to that Civic for running that well NA.
Old 07-25-2011, 08:04 PM
89LX Coupe
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 97tplsGT
That bigga difference? I know the fuzions send you skating on the asphalt, but damn you musta been spinning like a ****.

Noticed you didn't mention a dig run..... but I also know that would be real ugly for the import lol. Hurry up and get that damn clutch in there! (like I said from jump street ) You should consider yourself having a little extra money since you didn't have to get a tow from Myrtle Beach VERY lucky dad's a ***** and tows his car everywhere, lol!
Oh yea down at the beach with a empty car and just me 2nd gear roll it started spinning and got all over the rev limiter walking side wayz oooo yea it spins that bad now lol

But i did get lucky dad towed his car down but still a little broke from tge new rear and the beach trip so it might be a few weeks for the clutch and i gotta get my truck running....

I hear ya about the bench racing, just wondering how bad the weight and traction hurt ya. Sounds pretty significant though. Either way, props to that Civic for running that well NA.
For some reason my car is retardedly weight sensitive, few of my friends didnt believe it but when they found out it blew there mind all b/c there LS1 isnt hardly weight sensitive.....

But yea for a all motor civic the thing moves out!!!

Quick Reply: K20 swapped civic vs Me