Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

my 01 gt auto. vs buddys 94 civic h22a

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2011, 04:26 PM
buster
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Stone629
If only we all had 180 RWHP, then we could all do hardcore street launches like you, Buster.
its 215 hp........so be careful....lol.

PS stop with the insults because I can do it too. This is just an opinion and a discussion.

Face it guys, roll racing takes absolutely no skill whatsoever. please tell me about all the skill there is to roll racing......I'm REAL interested. Other than the other moron spending more money on his car than you, tell me the skill. There is none. It's like I said and I quote Bluebeast, "its two retards speeding together". Getting a 700 hp car to hook on the street takes absolutely no skill? Come on guys, you will NEVER convince me.

Last edited by buster; 08-24-2011 at 04:36 PM.
Old 08-24-2011, 04:59 PM
legendlime05
4th Gear Member

stop using bb to back you up.
you make it seem like you have no original opinion and you use others arguments.
who gives a **** really?

internet tough guy mode engage
Old 08-24-2011, 05:43 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by buster

PS stop with the insults because I can do it too. This is just an opinion and a discussion.

Face it guys, roll racing takes absolutely no skill whatsoever. please tell me about all the skill there is to roll racing......I'm REAL interested.

Getting a 700 hp car to hook on the street takes absolutely no skill?
So cars shift themselves?

Cars automatically feather the throttle to control wheel spin?

Cars automatically adjusts speed/RPM/Gear to put you in the strongest starting point?

Cars straighten themselves out and make corrections when it gets upset, keeping you in your lane and out of the trees?

Getting a 700hp car to hook on the street takes plenty of skill. From a dig or ROLL! Ask StkJck, BB, PD, or anyone else on here who makes any amount of power.

YOU maybe able to floor it and go from any speed, Buster. But for some reason you fail to understand that not everyone can just stomp it from 35-45 Mph or even 80 mph. I don't even make much over 300-320RWHP, and I promise you if you stomp my car from any speed under 40 mph and don't correct or let off appropriately, your *** is going sideways and right into a damn light pole. But according to you, we should all just head right over to town, find us a nice pretty stoplight where there's even more traffic and cops, then wait for the green and take off like a bat out of hell blowing past gas stations and po-po..... or maybe we should stop interstate traffic off a whim and expect them to understand. Think about it. You go from a dig when you can, if you can't, then you do what you have to.
Old 08-24-2011, 05:48 PM
89LX Coupe
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Stone629
So cars shift themselves?

Cars automatically feather the throttle to control wheel spin?

Cars automatically adjusts speed/RPM/Gear to put you in the strongest starting point?

Cars straighten themselves out and make corrections when it gets upset, keeping you in your lane and out of the trees?

Getting a 700hp car to hook on the street takes plenty of skill. From a dig or ROLL! Ask StkJck, BB, PD, or anyone else on here who makes any amount of power.

YOU maybe able to floor it and go from any speed, Buster. But for some reason you fail to understand that not everyone can just stomp it from 35-45 Mph or even 80 mph. I don't even make much over 300-320RWHP, and I promise you if you stomp my car from any speed under 40 mph and don't correct or let off appropriately, your *** is going sideways and right into a damn light pole. But according to you, we should all just head right over to town, find us a nice pretty stoplight where there's even more traffic and cops, then wait for the green and take off like a bat out of hell blowing past gas stations and po-po..... or maybe we should stop interstate traffic off a whim and expect them to understand. Think about it. You go from a dig when you can, if you can't, then you do what you have to.
QFT right here!!!!!

Well put stone
Old 08-24-2011, 06:26 PM
97tplsGT
4th Gear Member

The biggest irony of Buster using BB's quote..... is BB had to roll race more then most of us! Lol, his wrong-wheel drive and "gobs" of power made it virtually impossible/pointless to go from a dig on the streets.

Well put Stone, but like the dude said, he won't be convinced...

(BTW, that was a low blow on the 180 hp line.... which he was referring to the wheels buster, not the rated power )
Old 08-24-2011, 06:57 PM
Morbid Intentions
Wash Rinse Repeat

you guys obviously haven't raced fighter jets.... racing cars takes no skill... EVER

don't even get me started on racing nuclear submarines... from a dig OR ROLL!

you're all like

"40 degrees down bubble, FULL THROTTLE, I WANT TO SEE 80 KNOTS IN THIS BITCH!"

too late, you red lighted, now you gotta spend half the day lining up again

NOW THAT'S SKILL BOYYYYYYEEEEE!

I've always been a huge fan of dig racing, my outlook on building cars is spending the cash to get traction before you make the power to break traction... and if you can't put your power down from a stop maybe you shouldn't make as much power on your setup for right now

then again, I don't go around and yell at people and say they should see things my way or else... plus I enjoy roll racing when the opportunity presents itself.... it's not like I'm going to yell over to the guy "HOLD ON!, BRING IT DOWN TO A STOP!" on the interstate

Last edited by Morbid Intentions; 08-24-2011 at 07:06 PM.
Old 08-24-2011, 09:01 PM
perfect.disguise
5th Gear Member

Face it guys, roll racing takes absolutely no skill whatsoever. please tell me about all the skill there is to roll racing......I'm REAL interested.

Getting a 700 hp car to hook on the street takes absolutely no skill? Come on guys, you will NEVER convince me.
It takes skill to control wheel spin from a dig..what about when you spin from a roll? And yeah thats 215 to the engine..about 170-180rwhp ...on a dyno jet...subtract another 12-15% for Mustang Dyno numbers.
Old 08-24-2011, 10:28 PM
Morbid Intentions
Wash Rinse Repeat

Originally Posted by perfect.disguise
It takes skill to control wheel spin from a dig..what about when you spin from a roll? And yeah thats 215 to the engine..about 170-180rwhp ...on a dyno jet...subtract another 12-15% for Mustang Dyno numbers.
I've always wanted to race a basically stock ye old 5.0L new edge GT in my Fiesta... I think it would actually be a downright hilarious slow race with a slight nod to the stang lol

2500lbs 105WHP 6 speed with a 4.07 final drive

vs.

3300lbs 175WHP 4 speed with a 3.08 final drive

look out guys, battle of the titans up in here@!

Originally Posted by perfect.disguise
It takes skill to control wheel spin from a dig..what about when you spin from a roll?

while it theoretically takes skill for both, a spin from a roll is easier to control due to the forward motion of the tires already under load... making it easier to predict and pedal... plus if it's only a slight traction threshold slippage all you really need to do is keep the wheel straight and power through the slip, laying rubber in a straight line is a pretty straightforward experience if you are already at speed... just don't be an idiot and overcorrect under heavy slippage or for some unknown reason against intelligence shift during the slippage... and really, if all else fails and you really get squirrely... letting off the gas fixes everything 9 times out of 10, then you just try again from a HIGHER roll.... lol

slipping from a stop is a whole different monster, at such low speeds your traction threshold is lower for starters... not only that it's harder to control due to being at such a low speed and applying that much more power from a complete stop.... usually when a spin starts it's that much harder to control the lower the speed you are going...and from a dig you then have to pedal through the gears at which getting traction is the hardest... making your cars setup and driving abilities tested pretty much 200% more than from a roll

I'm not going to go and say it takes no skill to race from a roll like tough guy up there... but in comparison with dig vs roll I'm going to go ahead and say that the skill it takes to roll race is a minute dot compared to launching and keeping that power harnessed at speeds below where you started your theoretical roll... if you can't plant at 40MPH, how much harder will your skill level be tested from 0MPH?

Last edited by Morbid Intentions; 08-24-2011 at 10:53 PM.
Old 08-25-2011, 02:45 AM
buster
4th Gear Member

omg........I just shook up 4 sticks of old dynamite didn't I? Maybe I should join the NRRA after all. It seems quite popular.
Old 08-25-2011, 06:35 PM
Morbid Intentions
Wash Rinse Repeat

omg........I just shook up 4 sticks of old dynamite didn't I? Maybe I should join the NRRA after all. It seems quite popular.
there is a difference between talking logically about something and being a complete and utter moron.... you are the latter and the only thing you managed to shake up was everyone calling you out on the fact

Quick Reply: my 01 gt auto. vs buddys 94 civic h22a