Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Pwned by Fake NE GT

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2011, 09:34 PM
Bokeo
2nd Gear Member

Default Pwned by Fake NE GT

Well.. thought I'd share this pretty funny loss.

Im cruising home tonight from picking up dinner and I see a NE GT coming up with HIDs from the rear.

He pulls up even and has his windows down like me and we both give the whats up nod. I do a quick once over of his car and come to a conclusion that its a GT. I hear him downshift and I do the same. I put her in 3rd and we are going about 50 or 60. I honk it off and all of a sudden I hear a Roots style blower scream and he blows my doors off... BAD lol.

As I grab 4th gear hes already got about 3 or 4 car lengths on me.. I wind up 4th gear for good measure and he is about mabye 8-12 cars(perhaps more;hard to estimate at that distance lol) ahead.

He slows down and I pull even. I ask him what kind of supercharger he has and he replies with "Its a cobra" so then I say "But it looks like a GT" to which he replies "I changed the front and back bumper to look like a GT"

I laughed and told him hes funny. He asks about my car and I tell him its just a bolt on v6 to which he replies its very quick and clean for a v6.

We say our farewells and he turns off.

Cheers
Old 08-22-2011, 09:42 PM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

I've never heard of someone changing Cobra bumpers to a GT lol. Sounds kind of fishy to me. Although it would explain 8-12 plus cars lol.
Old 08-22-2011, 09:46 PM
97tplsGT
4th Gear Member

Makes more sense to swap the 4v then the bumpers, lol. Either way its an honorable death. I believe I woulda gave in at 6.
Old 08-22-2011, 11:06 PM
Kerns
4th Gear Member

I know plenty of people with GT's that have done an 03/04 engine swap. But also, a lot of guys will run a Kenne Bell blower as well or some even do a tork tech kit and throw on the eaton blower. Seems pretty unlikely that he would have a cobra and switch to GT bumpers. Plus you would probably see the Cobra badges. I don't know anyone that would put GT badges on a cobra.
Old 08-22-2011, 11:16 PM
2007bluestang
4th Gear Member

If he wanted to go sleeper gt should've got v6 body parts Haha
Old 08-23-2011, 06:42 AM
buster
4th Gear Member

It's called a sleeper. People used to street race in the 60s with coke bottle hub caps. My buddy just bought an 03 Stang. It's meth injected and has a ProCharger. It makes near 700 hp with the stock wheels and no stickers or retarded body kits. -SLEEPER-
Old 08-23-2011, 09:06 AM
Bokeo
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by mrtstang
I've never heard of someone changing Cobra bumpers to a GT lol. Sounds kind of fishy to me. Although it would explain 8-12 plus cars lol.
Yeah thats what I was thinking..

Originally Posted by 97tplsGT
Makes more sense to swap the 4v then the bumpers, lol. Either way its an honorable death. I believe I woulda gave in at 6.
Im pretty sure thats what he meant.. mabye jus came across wrong.

Originally Posted by Kerns
I know plenty of people with GT's that have done an 03/04 engine swap. But also, a lot of guys will run a Kenne Bell blower as well or some even do a tork tech kit and throw on the eaton blower. Seems pretty unlikely that he would have a cobra and switch to GT bumpers. Plus you would probably see the Cobra badges. I don't know anyone that would put GT badges on a cobra.
Sounded like it was ported eaton, but Im no expert.

Originally Posted by 2007bluestang
Yeah well... he tricked me.. cus I was thinking I was gonna eat up another NE GT... like I have several around here already lol.

Originally Posted by buster
It's called a sleeper. People used to street race in the 60s with coke bottle hub caps. My buddy just bought an 03 Stang. It's meth injected and has a ProCharger. It makes near 700 hp with the stock wheels and no stickers or retarded body kits. -SLEEPER-
OMG REALLY? Ive never heard of this "sleeper" term before!!
Old 08-23-2011, 09:32 AM
NYstang
MF Staff Snitch

If it was a cobra, no shame in losing! Or even a KB/Torktech GT.

Originally Posted by 2007bluestang
V6/GT have nearly the same bumpers- only difference is the exhaust cutouts on the GT. even in 99-00 they used the same scoops.
Old 08-23-2011, 09:34 AM
drhoward
Penis Mod Erator

I've heard of guys doing that sort of thing, never with a cobra though, they are such nice looking cars but it's still pretty funny. I'm sure he's suprised a few people the same way he did to the op
Old 08-23-2011, 11:23 AM
TheNameless
2nd Gear Member

thats cool but WHY! He better have the original bumper at home, Ive never heard of some one doing that before, and yea there werent any cobra badges..... weird

Quick Reply: Pwned by Fake NE GT