Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

n/a 2 v 12.16 @ 112 video

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2011, 02:10 PM
lizzyfan
Underboss

Why is this in tech? Moving...
Old 09-30-2011, 03:52 PM
Mishri
Mish-ogynist

why are people even argueing 2-valve performance? it simply isn't there. Needing mods to hit low 12s? ppsssh... 5.0's have gone high 11s at 116-118mph with just a tune and a pair of drag radials

argueing cost? buy a fox body, you'll make your goals a lot cheaper that way..

Cubic inch arguement? lame... nobody cares how big your engine is or if it's n/a or f/i what matters is how fast it is, anyone that wants to argue about those types of things just have slow cars and try to justify it.

Like yeah, my 4 cyl turbo lost to you but you have twice as many cylinders and over double my displacement.. ppssffftt who cares, faster car wins, i dont care if i get beat by a go-cart, nobody wants to hear excuses, we want to see winners.

also 4v > 3v > 2v.

although some trolls will claim the 2-valve is better than the 3 valve, it's simply not true, 3-valves typically run faste with matching mods, bolt on only, with f/i, and N/A. especially on the stock motor/internals. apparently i heard something about some really expensive build making over 1000whp with a 2valve but figure they are working on engines that have 25 years of R&D into them and it's something you only see a couple of people doing for track only builds.

Last edited by Mishri; 09-30-2011 at 03:59 PM.
Old 09-30-2011, 04:27 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

So is this a comparison thread against all the other cars out there and their potential VS the 2V, or is it supposed to be about what a 2V can do with X mods done to it without bringing up every other car on Earth? The two arguments seem to become intertwined every time a 2V discussion pops up.

I already know the answer, btw.
Old 09-30-2011, 05:03 PM
crash
BrandofPoop

Everytime a thread pops up about of a buyer should by a 2v, we as in those who own a 2v always recommend a Mach 1 or terminator. Owning a 2v I've come to the realization that giggle juice or some kind of f/I is the way to go. It may be down n/a but it cost too damn much and isn't practical. 2v are not only a weak platform starting off but they also need a lot of work n/a. Being a student it just makes more sense to follow that $1500 s/c build thread. Building a n/a 2v that's making serious power also isn't as streetable compared to a similar powered s/c 2v. Hope that makes sense. But we all knee this already, right?
Old 10-01-2011, 05:49 PM
Morbid Intentions
Wash Rinse Repeat

Originally Posted by scott4.6
yea and how many more ci does the camaro have? if you want to throw gears and what not in the camaro, fine. let s throw a extra 69 ci in the mustang and see what happens. just saying.
why is it always the 2v guys that pull the most ricer excuses?

just saiyan

also...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuwtKaLY88Q

traded my 2004 gt in for my GTO... because the 2V modular "IS" indeed a boat anchor

I invite you to take more interest in the head design of your engine before you talk about it.... most people that glorify the 2V have NO IDEA about the physical shortcomings in the "DESIGN"... meaning it cannot be fixed, no maatter how big or expensive aftermarket heads you throw on there

also, I ran 13.8 @ 102 after throwing full bolt on's and 4.10's with a set of DR's on my 2004 automatic... crap car, crap engine... good riddance
Old 10-01-2011, 06:27 PM
3.0Taurass
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Morbid Intentions
why is it always the 2v guys that pull the most ricer excuses?

just saiyan

also...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuwtKaLY88Q

traded my 2004 gt in for my GTO... because the 2V modular "IS" indeed a boat anchor

I invite you to take more interest in the head design of your engine before you talk about it.... most people that glorify the 2V have NO IDEA about the physical shortcomings in the "DESIGN"... meaning it cannot be fixed, no maatter how big or expensive aftermarket heads you throw on there

also, I ran 13.8 @ 102 after throwing full bolt on's and 4.10's with a set of DR's on my 2004 automatic... crap car, crap engine... good riddance
Your GTO has 242 ci more than my focus bro. Lets give my focus 242 more ci and it'd be a whole nother animal! Or take 242 ci away from your GTO and then see who wins!

^Lets see if an 2v fanboys see how idiotic that looks.
Old 10-01-2011, 06:45 PM
perfect.disguise
5th Gear Member

He isn't talking about engine sizes. I don't see what your getting at? ^
Old 10-01-2011, 08:02 PM
Morbid Intentions
Wash Rinse Repeat

Originally Posted by perfect.disguise
He isn't talking about engine sizes. I don't see what your getting at? ^
the guy I quoted was talking about engine sizes... it's a BS "I have a slow car" beat around the bush whine that has NOTHING to do with how fast a car is than the other

either the car is faster or slower than it's competition... nothing more

horsepower per liter is a dream and a dumb one at that

Last edited by Morbid Intentions; 10-01-2011 at 08:05 PM.
Old 10-02-2011, 01:11 AM
justinschmidt1
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Morbid Intentions

Im not gonna argue with the 2v "sucking" compared to its competition, but with that being said, you can run good times if you put your money in the right spots.

Dont mess around with bolt ons and save up for things that give you power....which with a 2v pretty much comes down to boost. lol

I would say the 06 gto is a lot nicer of car, but is it really that much faster? Dont they run low 13s, high 12s at best?

Just saying, a tq converter could take that 13.8 to low 13s all day.

And I cant believe this video is back..lol

Last edited by justinschmidt1; 10-02-2011 at 01:14 AM.
Old 10-02-2011, 09:54 AM
turbo232
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by scott4.6
yea and how many more ci does the camaro have? if you want to throw gears and what not in the camaro, fine. let s throw a extra 69 ci in the mustang and see what happens. just saying.
and throw more compression in for good measure. how about the new 5.0 whooping up on that 6.2 in the new camaros

Quick Reply: n/a 2 v 12.16 @ 112 video