MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   Street/Strip (https://mustangforums.com/forum/street-strip-25/)
-   -   Srt10 viper vs 2 c6z06 s (https://mustangforums.com/forum/street-strip/656727-srt10-viper-vs-2-c6z06-s.html)

DustDevil 10-31-2011 06:10 PM

Srt10 viper vs 2 c6z06 s

Srt 10 =500 rwhp (na) 32xx pounds plus 420 pounds worth of driver/passenger

Z06 black= 600 rwhp (sc) 32xx pounds plus 320 pounds worth of driver/passenger

Z06 silver=500 rwhp (na) 31xx pounds plus 150 pounds worth of driver

It all started a few weeks ago. I pulled up and saw a 380 rwhp ls3 vette and a 500rwhp ls2 vette along side a 400 rwhp ss camaro.

I asked the vette guys to race my viper and both eagerly declined. The ss camao owner stepped upand I put 5 cars on him. I posted the vid and kill story on ls1 tech and jokeingly said that the two vettes were scared so I raced the camaro. The vette owners got offended that I said they were scared and posted on the thread and said their big brother the z06 would meet me.

So a week later I pull up and theres the two c6z06s plus the ls3 that didnt want to race last time plus another c5z06 and two other vettes for a grand total of 6 vettes stareing down at my one viper.

I exited my viper and the tension through the air could be cut by a butter knife. Most of them had no idea Ive owned and modded a brand new vette and respect the car. I approached and evil eyes and secret conversation took place over the viper owner who supposedly said vettes are scared.

I took a gulp and shook hands with any spectaters that were willing and acted as if the hatred wasnt their and helped plan out the event.

First run against supercharged z06 we started at 50 and by 90 he was 2 cars ahead and then I missed third gear

Second run we started at 50 and at shut down at 145 he was 3-4 cars ahead

Third run I lined up with the silver z06. From 50-150 we traded back and fourth and at shut down we were dead even

Fourth run we went again and this time he had a car to 1.5 cars on me

Final run we started with mu hood at his door and I got a very slight jump and at 150 mph his hood was at my door.

By the end of the night despite our differances we had enjoyed ourselves and the silver z06 owner called me up today to have fun again sometime.

Vid being done by a professional so takeing some time

Stkjock 10-31-2011 08:41 PM

I exited my viper and the tension through the air was like a butter knife.
:icon_laugh: :icon_laugh:

the expression goes, " the air was so thick it could be cut with a knife" or similar.

sounds like you got your ass handed to you over and over and over again.

Stone629 10-31-2011 08:49 PM

Nice runs, can't win 'em all man.

MustangFTW 10-31-2011 08:55 PM

Learn to drive you wanker.

Jk, cool runs mate.

DustDevil 11-01-2011 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by Stkjock (Post 7736630)
:icon_laugh: :icon_laugh:

the expression goes, " the air was so thick it could be cut with a knife" or similar.

sounds like you got your ass handed to you over and over and over again.

Thanks... Fixed it.

Yea the supercharged z06 wooped me good. It was expected though. The races with the silver one were the closest races I ever had. Tied one and won one. He got me on one. Considering I had a passenger and he didnt Im happy with that

MustangFTW 11-01-2011 01:09 PM

do you plan on modding to be able to beat the SC z06s?

bluebeastsrt 11-01-2011 01:10 PM

Waiting on the video.

DustDevil 11-01-2011 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by MustangFTW (Post 7737116)
do you plan on modding to be able to beat the SC z06s?

People keep telling me to put a supercharger on mine. I can get a used paxton plus install for around 6k that will up my power to 700 to the wheels. But it just dosent interest me. My supercharged camaro and supercharged nsx engines both failed after hard abuse. My h/c vette and vipers all took the abuse and then some.

I think im just gonna add a throttle body headers ported intake and dyno tune for 520 rwhp in the near future. Viper parts are expensive. Just the headers are 3k

Then hopefully next year add heads and a cam. Porting the stock heads only gives like 35 rwhp. But the cam gives 70 rwhp. But isnt asvstreetable. So maybe not doing the cam

Maraman 11-01-2011 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by bluebeastsrt (Post 7737118)
Waiting on the video.

Lol I'm with Bluebeast

MustangFTW 11-01-2011 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by DustDevil (Post 7737162)
People keep telling me to put a supercharger on mine. I can get a used paxton plus install for around 6k that will up my power to 700 to the wheels. But it just dosent interest me. My supercharged camaro and supercharged nsx engines both failed after hard abuse. My h/c vette and vipers all took the abuse and then some.

I think im just gonna add a throttle body headers ported intake and dyno tune for 520 rwhp in the near future. Viper parts are expensive. Just the headers are 3k

Then hopefully next year add heads and a cam. Porting the stock heads only gives like 35 rwhp. But the cam gives 70 rwhp. But isnt asvstreetable. So maybe not doing the cam

what about low boost? then occasionally up it if needed? hey at least now you can say its all engine :)