Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Went to the track tonight, getting faster still.

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2011, 10:17 AM
99GTvert
is my username.

Nice runs dude. Was Milan busy at all?
Old 11-03-2011, 10:33 AM
Explosive

Originally Posted by Stone629
Excellent runs! Looks like you got plenty of runs in. Glad that launch technique worked out for ya as well. What type of FI are you planning on?
Thanks, I'm going to do an eaton swap (terminator setup) just the stock setup so only about 8 lbs of boost. Hoping for about 430 @ wheels.

Originally Posted by ctgreddy
explain what you did on the launch. curious as to how you "flashed" it because there seems to be lots of different ways, and whatever you did taking off 2 tenths was obviously working good.

good times tho and your car looks awesome man.
I used to foot brake which didn't do much good with that stock convertor. So I'd stage, and keep my foot on the brake and on the third yellow you can hear me stomp on it. Basically just nail the gas and let off the brake at the same time. But leaving off idle like that seems to have helped me a bit. Still getting used to it as I wasnt sure how soon it'd take off that way. I was just trying not to redlight lol thus my reactions were a little slow compared to normal.

Originally Posted by S8ER01Z
Was there a big difference in the weather? or did you try the runs all on the same night with different methods? Just curious. Nice runs!
Not to much, my last trip was not too long ago, fall weather still and it was oddly warm last night so prob about the same as last time. And all 5 runs I listed in the OP were from lasts night visit, could have gotten in more but I drive the car to and from the track and decided to call it a night after goin 13.4x to a 13.6x
Originally Posted by 99GTvert
Nice runs dude. Was Milan busy at all?
Thanks, not really which was nice. I mean there were cars there but not like normal. Usually I'm there from like 5:30 - closing and only get 3 runs in. last night I made 5 runs, parked the car and watched for the remaining time. It was nice.

Put on your winter clothes were goin racing lol

Last edited by Explosive; 11-03-2011 at 11:06 AM.
Old 11-03-2011, 12:16 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Talk to DarkMack about the Eaton swap. Thats what he did on his mach. He can probably help you out with any questions/concerns.
Old 11-03-2011, 12:48 PM
302army187
6th Gear Member

pretty good mang.

I would keep the stock gears if your getting the eaton. Depending on where it makes power, you could probably get a small stall converter, and see a good improvement.
Old 11-03-2011, 01:00 PM
Explosive

Yea I'm a member on a Mach forum which has tons of info on the swap. In the past someone had made some brackets to make the swap easier, however it required some custom stuff. However at this time the owner of gearheads shop in texas is making a set of the brackets that should eliminate the need for the custom stuff. So I might hold off until he releases those. Funny because at the track last night Lidio was there he thought my car had been in his shop and we started to BS about the swap but then our lanes were up to run.

He was there with this last night,

http://www.alternativeauto.com/waterbox/new_5.0.html

Last edited by Explosive; 11-03-2011 at 01:04 PM.
Old 11-03-2011, 01:03 PM
Explosive

Originally Posted by 302army187
pretty good mang.

I would keep the stock gears if your getting the eaton. Depending on where it makes power, you could probably get a small stall converter, and see a good improvement.

On the other forum I frequent everyone says dont fear the stall, lol a lot of guys get lower stalls and regret it. Since I plan on boost I had planned on leaving the 3.55's and wanted to get a decent stall and a built trans and see what it does.

Overall goals would be the eaton swap, convertor, built trans, alum driveshaft, axle shafts, full length subframes, adjustable control arms in the rear and take off the cobra brake setup and convert it to GT brakes so I can run 15" wheels with slicks/skinnies.

I think that covers it lol
Old 11-03-2011, 04:54 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

You're making me miss my Mach something terrible, man.

You should highly consider an ORX for that Mach. My automatic trapped 106 and ran 13.3 with just an ORX. I saw a 3 mph gain on all three Machs, however. Best $150 I ever spent on any of them.

Last edited by Stone629; 11-03-2011 at 05:28 PM.
Old 11-03-2011, 05:01 PM
turbo 2.8
3rd Gear Member

nice runs ! lol you quick staged that guy , some people get mad about that , but then again its only test and tune
Old 11-03-2011, 06:42 PM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

get a higher stall in there(atleast 3500) and some decent tires and you'll be solid 12's.
Old 11-03-2011, 08:01 PM
Explosive

Originally Posted by Stone629
You're making me miss my Mach something terrible, man.

You should highly consider an ORX for that Mach. My automatic trapped 106 and ran 13.3 with just an ORX. I saw a 3 mph gain on all three Machs, however. Best $150 I ever spent on any of them.
Man the driver mod must really be with you lol, I know on the mach registry all the auto guys who can get way down in the 13's usually have a nice handful of mods. I think with more time I would be able to shave a little more off. I got 5 runs but i'm still getting used to that launch.

Def. considering an O/R midpipe. I thought I read something about a lot of them fit like crap on the auto machs ? I lean towards an H vs X mostly because I hate the friggin raspy sound X's seem to create. My exhaust is nice and deep right now.

I really wanted to see low 13's this year N/A but I'm still happy with the constant progress I made this year. Each time I went I got a new best time. And this car is the only one I've ever put down an actual track. So figure I've only been running on a track since June.

Originally Posted by turbo 2.8
nice runs ! lol you quick staged that guy , some people get mad about that , but then again its only test and tune
Yea, since it's near the end of the season they just stuck the tech inspection guy into the staging lanes, and as I came up he signaled me over to the slick lanes which is why I ran that car. I didn't really think of it at the time or I would have just lit the first set and waited for him.

Originally Posted by ctgreddy
get a higher stall in there(atleast 3500) and some decent tires and you'll be solid 12's.
Yea I def. want a convertor ! So far the NT555R's have been hooking decent for me. Get a little spin sometimes on the 1-2 but nothing crazy. Once I have boost I want to do slicks/skinnies. The drag raidals are way better than the street tires I had before though, it wont get sideways on the 1-2 anymore lol and that was before I got the canned tune.

Last edited by Explosive; 11-03-2011 at 08:05 PM.

Quick Reply: Went to the track tonight, getting faster still.