Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Charger SRT8

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2012, 01:07 PM
S8ER01Z
6th Gear Member

Default Charger SRT8

The Car
My buddy has a 2007 SRT8 Charger with predator tune, cai and heartthrob catback. Last year we ended up running at the track and ran really close together. At the time he had cai/tune and I had everything but the longtubes running on stock tune.

I'm car 16, he was 0377

The Race
We were talking last night and I wanted to use his car as a benchmark since we knew what he ran before. We figure he gained a bit from the exhaust but it should be fairly obvious if I'm way beyond where I was, worse off or the same.

We lined up from a dig and he gave the call to go. I bogged it bad and by the time I hit my power band he had his rear bumper a few feet in front of my nose. As I entered 3rd it was obvious I wasn't gaining fast enough to over take him.. it appeared that I was inching up on him which matched up to our experience at the track when comparing MPH. We shut down just shy of 100mph with me still just behind his bumper. A loss for me.

At this point the tune seems critical... I would say I gained considering his car feels much better than it did before he put on the exhaust but until we hit the track we won't know for sure. I'm ok with the loss (if you check the slip he already beat me before).. damn SRT8s move out for being so heavy. haha

TLDR; Raced an SRT8 from a dig, botched the launch and lost, with equal launch it probably would have been a dead heat again.
Old 03-14-2012, 02:00 PM
MrPack91
1st Gear Member

Wow you must really have a badass Camaro to be running against an SRT8 like that :O
Nice man
Old 03-14-2012, 02:22 PM
drhoward
Penis Mod Erator

I've heard the srt8's pick up a fair bit of power from an exhaust, nice run
Old 03-14-2012, 02:32 PM
Entaille
4th Gear Member

its funny how much you can tell from a timeslip. I knew your story before reading it!
Old 03-14-2012, 03:28 PM
crash
BrandofPoop

That's a pretty stout camaro you have there. Nice to see you're getting some action lately. Send some of that vibe my way lol.
Old 03-14-2012, 03:33 PM
S8ER01Z
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Entaille
its funny how much you can tell from a timeslip. I knew your story before reading it!
Yeah I figured I would include that.. paints the picture well. Honestly we couldn't believe just how close it was. Now the big question is just how much did he gain from that exhaust and just how much will I gain from a tune.

It's all for nothing though... he already bought a 3600 stall and is putting a blower on it in the very near future. I won't stand a chance after that.
Old 03-14-2012, 03:37 PM
S8ER01Z
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by MrPack91
Wow you must really have a badass Camaro to be running against an SRT8 like that :O
Nice man
I ran 13.1 @ 108 bone stock.. which is right around where most SRT8s are stock (he actually ran a little bit slower than that, 13.3 @ 107 I think). Me having a cam really looks bad to be honest... I trapped .5 mph more with the cam than I did without it. Stock tune is really holding it back, I don't think I would be running any slower without it at this point which is really eating at me. Looks like April before I can get a dyno tune done here so eventually I will find out what's going on.
Old 03-14-2012, 06:07 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Man like everyone said that Camaro of your's is bad**. Would love to see you and Stone line up!
Old 03-14-2012, 06:15 PM
willys srt8
2nd Gear Member

S8ER01Z, Brother I have no doubt that you are able to hold your own against an I/E/T SRT8 any day. A CMR tune will get a little more out of the SRT but you probably have more driving skills than most SRT drivers. So, for the most part I wouldn't count a loss to this car as the norm.
Old 03-14-2012, 06:25 PM
S8ER01Z
6th Gear Member

Thanks man, once the tune is on mine I expect a lot more out of it. Just taking what I can get right now. This race was a 'let's see what happens now' line up. Got good data even with my failed launch... Bottom line is I'm not making the power I should be.

What's the CMR tune? He just has the hand held predator.

Some examples....
http://ls1tech.com/forums/dynamomete...y-380rwhp.html
http://ls1tech.com/forums/dynamomete...-firehawk.html

I'm just getting ahead of myself basically... Right now stone would kick my ***, I'm almost certain of it.

Last edited by S8ER01Z; 03-14-2012 at 06:55 PM.

Quick Reply: Charger SRT8