MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   Street/Strip (https://mustangforums.com/forum/street-strip-25/)
-   -   5.0 vs WS6 (https://mustangforums.com/forum/street-strip/671025-5-0-vs-ws6.html)

Tubra 04-29-2012 01:20 PM

5.0 vs WS6

Was out grabbing some burgers with my mom and stanggurl007. On the way back at a light and a kid in a WS6 pulls up next to us. He was already nervous looking, but the revs being thrown at him from my mom were making him shrivel. The WS6 "looked" stock. This was my mom's first time out driving the 5.0 but not her first time in a Mustang as her first car was a foxbody. I told her not to taunt him unless she was willing to go all out because you never know what the other person has got. She looked at me with a "shut-up-and-sit-down" kind of look and I obliged. Light turned green and my mom launched it on this guy; like brake-stand-rev launch and just ripped this guy a new one. He was back there trying for sure. She had the traction ctrl on sport mode, I was really surprised how well she launched it. Maybe I need some lessons?

Bokeo 04-29-2012 01:46 PM

haha cool mom you got. Mine would never do that. Good kill.

z28th1s 04-29-2012 07:23 PM

Mom gettin' it done!!

Stone629 04-30-2012 05:15 PM

Any idea on the year of the Trans AM? Was he spinning, left when your Mom did?

Tubra 04-30-2012 05:32 PM

I want to say it was an earlier one judging on it's condition, but who knows. It was very quiet and the way it ran leads me to believe stock. Also, considering a previous all out run with a for-sure known stock LS1 and his position behind me and the similar positioning of the WS6 behind in this case leads me to believe that he was going all out. Both vehicles left at the same time, he didn't spin much if any. Both on street tires, but it was a very warm day (90 degrees.) Traction around here is a coin toss; it's dusty and hot. Some days after a dust storm it's spin-happy for all, but other days you'll grab some awesome launches.

Stone629 04-30-2012 06:12 PM

Gotcha. Its hard to tell what you're getting when you run these older LS1 cars. Some are just as they rolled off the assembly line and will run a low 13 all day, while others are struggling pretty bad. I see a lot more of them that are on their last leg as opposed quick/well taken care of/or built LS1s. Good run man, sounds like you've got a cool mom!

JT76 05-01-2012 01:18 AM

Originally Posted by Stone629 (Post 7927042)
Gotcha. Its hard to tell what you're getting when you run these older LS1 cars. Some are just as they rolled off the assembly line and will run a low 13 all day, while others are struggling pretty bad. I see a lot more of them that are on their last leg as opposed quick/well taken care of/or built LS1s. Good run man, sounds like you've got a cool mom!

Meh its more so the driver. I saw one of these "on its last leg" stock Ls1 cars running 13.9's... change the driver and it was turning 13.1's. I know a couple people with 120k+ 98's running in the mid-low 12's with bolt ons. Do some maintenance on a roached out old Ls1 and be amazed at the results.

S8ER01Z 05-01-2012 09:24 AM

I literally do nothing to my LS1 and it keeps running... I've thrown oil at it but I found out if you don't open the hood it just bounces off. :/

99GTvert 05-01-2012 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by S8ER01Z (Post 7927662)
I literally do nothing to my LS1 and it keeps running... I've thrown oil at it but I found out if you don't open the hood it just bounces off. :/

Haha :D

Nice run op's mom

okbfd 05-01-2012 02:57 PM

Sounds like a cool mom.......is she single?? :)

Oh yeah......forgot this isn't OT.