Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Just ran an SRT Charger from 20-100 (vid)

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2012, 08:48 AM
3vStang
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Stone629
Caught most of it on my phone. Guy was a Rumble Bee SRT-8 with at least a catback. Went from 20-100ish. I slowed up and he kept getting it. I let them get the hit as well. I'll get the vid up asap... I'm driving right now, unless someone doesn't mind grabbing it off youtube and posting it. Its under username steppnstone 629.

Put 2 or more cars on him...
Damn brotha. You have a quick car on your hands, good kill!

You would have pulled him even harder from a dig.

Last edited by 3vStang; 05-12-2012 at 08:51 AM.
Old 05-12-2012, 09:39 AM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by S8ER01Z
I would guess 340-350rwhp... Full Bolton cars can break 350 depending on the dyno and the car though. Your trap is really good so I would guess you are on the high end.
I mainly want to dyno it just to compare to my previous LS1s. The GTO I had made 350 and the 98 Z28 made 345 through a locked verter. Both cars had full exhaust and intakes. Thing is, neither of those cars ever trapped over 109 mph. The SS's trap and ETs would make a lot more sense if 360-370 rwhp popped up on the dyno and we found out someone must of dropped an LS6 cam in it or something. Highly doubt thats the case with only 10k miles on her when i bought it, LOL....but I've never had a car break 109.9 mph without over 350 rwhp in the 3500lb range, much less consistently trap 114 mph.

Originally Posted by 89LX Coupe
Good kill man!! Ive always wanted to run a srt8 and good job on gettin the video!
Thanks man, it was a scramble to get the camera out, so I know it sucks, lol. I wife was in her car behind us, just wish she had of done the same. She said it looked like a rape from where she was, hehe.

Originally Posted by bluebeastsrt
Nice. I watch your videos and almost regret not getting a LS1. Keep up the good work. The car is flying for it's mods.
LS1s are badass engines to work with. They just don't give that sotp feel when stock, which turns a lot of people off from buying them. It definitely feels quick now though I think you made the next best choice on getting the 5.0, however. You can't go wrong with one of those, plus you're car looks damn good.

Originally Posted by 3vStang
Damn brotha. You have a quick car on your hands, good kill!

You would have pulled him even harder from a dig.
Thanks man. I think you're right, as long as I could've gotten it to half way hook (very tough to do on the street) it would've been worse for him. He took the jump and put a nose on me, but I was sitting in gear so as soon as I hit it and got the camera up, he was already falling back. Once I hit 3rd it got a lot uglier than I was expecting. But when I slowed back down, he blew by me wide the *** open and KEPT going. Dangerous as hell....he got to the next light and made a quick right. I was hoping to get to talk to him, but oh well. I don't know if he was mad or just showing off.
Old 05-12-2012, 09:40 AM
willys srt8
2nd Gear Member

Good kill OP. But for info, the Rumble Bee is a truck. the Super Bee is a SRT8.
Old 05-12-2012, 09:44 AM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ****** srt8
Good kill OP. But for info, the Rumble Bee is a truck. the Super Bee is a SRT8.
Ahhh, thanks man, I knew it was one or the other. Question, would a full exhaust and tune of put him even or ahead of me?
Old 05-12-2012, 10:28 AM
willys srt8
2nd Gear Member

Ahhh, thanks man, I knew it was one or the other. Question, would a full exhaust and tune of put him even or ahead of me?
As far as your times, I think he would need Intake, exhaust, CMR tune, and stickys to beat it. He may have the power to do it without the stickys but good luck trying to get it to hook. Just not enough tire for the weight. I'm not saying it isn't possible for him to beat it but I think it would be a hero run if he did. I spun the top half of 1st rolling on and 2nd at the shift on my best time of 12.85 and can't seem to match or beat it due to traction issues. I don't go to the track enough with it to justify buying DRs. Your car puts down great times.
Old 05-12-2012, 10:45 AM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ****** srt8
As far as your times, I think he would need Intake, exhaust, CMR tune, and stickys to beat it. He may have the power to do it without the stickys but good luck trying to get it to hook. Just not enough tire for the weight. I'm not saying it isn't possible for him to beat it but I think it would be a hero run if he did. I spun the top half of 1st rolling on and 2nd at the shift on my best time of 12.85 and can't seem to match or beat it due to traction issues. I don't go to the track enough with it to justify buying DRs. Your car puts down great times.
Makes sense, those cars do make a lot of power/tq, but its a decent amount of weight to push on a street tire. I'm thinking from a roll like we did, that if he had that tune and full exhaust it would've been a 1 car or closer race though.

If you're spinning like that, I'd bet a MT/ET street would knock 7 or 8 tenths off your time easy.
Old 05-12-2012, 12:59 PM
3vStang
2nd Gear Member

Thanks man. I think you're right, as long as I could've gotten it to half way hook (very tough to do on the street) it would've been worse for him. He took the jump and put a nose on me, but I was sitting in gear so as soon as I hit it and got the camera up, he was already falling back. Once I hit 3rd it got a lot uglier than I was expecting. But when I slowed back down, he blew by me wide the *** open and KEPT going. Dangerous as hell....he got to the next light and made a quick right. I was hoping to get to talk to him, but oh well. I don't know if he was mad or just showing off.

Ya hooking up woulda have been your only issue. And he pretty much did a ricer flyby, he was probably butt hurt. Idk why, it's all in fun. Maybe he was modded besides the catback lol.

In your sig it says free mods. Do you mean like weight reduction? Or?
Old 05-12-2012, 02:28 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 3vStang
Ya hooking up woulda have been your only issue. And he pretty much did a ricer flyby, he was probably butt hurt. Idk why, it's all in fun. Maybe he was modded besides the catback lol.

In your sig it says free mods. Do you mean like weight reduction? Or?
Yea man, I dont get it. He may of had an intake too, I could hear that deep sound from up front when he got on it. Still, no need to get butt hurt like you said.

Free mods...home ported throttle body which includes shaving down a block on the throttle body so the throttle body can fully open. Also the free ram air mod which is basically removing the bottom of the airbox so that air is forced in from the air dam, past the front of the radiator, and directly into the air filter. Its been proven to increase 2+ mph believe it or not. Only weight reduction I have is the spare tire.
Old 05-12-2012, 02:42 PM
perfect.disguise
5th Gear Member

Nice run. An Srt Charger would make a good family car.
Old 05-12-2012, 03:31 PM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Agree with everyone else Stone.. Your cars a beast man.. What's your next mod?? Are you shooting for 11's in the near future???

Quick Reply: Just ran an SRT Charger from 20-100 (vid)