MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   Street/Strip (https://mustangforums.com/forum/street-strip-25/)
-   -   What am I messing up on during my launch? (video included) (https://mustangforums.com/forum/street-strip/689643-what-am-i-messing-up-on-during-my-launch-video-included.html)

UofHmustang 02-08-2013 12:10 AM

What am I messing up on during my launch? (video included)

Best run I had the other night was a 12.5. I ran again but didn't get a time because it was a red light for a car behind me but the official told me to go anyways. PSI was at 17 for both runs. The car bogs bad both times as you can see, but I swear I didn't let off the gas. Should I launch way higher? Raise PSI? Or both? Tires are MT ET street radials. 60 ft. was 2.01 and mph was 114.7. I don't see any reason why this car can't run 11's.

Launched at 28-2900 this run.

This one was launched at about 4k.

bluebeastsrt 02-08-2013 02:36 AM

You didn't mention what RPM you left at but if your bogging I'd raise the RPMs. If you didn't spin much off the line try lowering the PSI in your tires. What are the mods to the car?

UofHmustang 02-08-2013 04:56 AM

I guess the rpm I left at didn't show up for some reason in the post. Anyways, the first run I left at about 2900 and the second was done at about 4k. I didn't spin at all coming off the line. Mods are 93R tune, LT headers, and O/R x-pipe.

WesleyEng.com 02-08-2013 05:11 AM

You're bogging because you're not launching high enough. If you're not slipping at 4k, then go higher.

99GTvert 02-08-2013 05:29 AM

Those are sticky tires. Launch at a higher rpm. You can see better times from a clutch dump but I'm not a fan of that...but if you want the quickest pass possible you will have to drive the car like you hate it.

bluebeastsrt 02-08-2013 05:36 AM

Yep if your afraid to break. Might wanna stay away from the drag strip.

awbreyjd 02-08-2013 08:22 AM

agreed. Launch at a higher rpm. Maybe get somekind of a Two Step so you can just floor it and with the clutch engaged it will hold a specific RPM. If your not spinning keep going up in RPM until you start to break loose, then go back down to the point with which you were not spinning.

UofHmustang 02-08-2013 09:05 AM

So the PSI isn't to blame? I have no problems launching at 5k. I'm not expert but I'm quite confident I'm losing at least a half a second at the line that's keeping me from 11's. Those are some really sticky tires. I was fooling around with them aired up to 26 psi and they still stuck pretty good. They actually ride quite nice on the highway.

boduke0220 02-08-2013 09:53 AM

If your bogging, launch higher and slip clutch some more

if your spinning, lower tire pressure, slip clutch ( if it can stand it) lower rpm

TRexGAWD 02-08-2013 10:43 AM

If you don't have a problem launching at 5k then just keep launching at that rpm.. That's about right for those tires anyway.. Shouldn't have a problem hitting 11s with your traps.