Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

Cobra vs mrt's SS

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2013, 07:15 PM
TCStangerv6
2nd Gear Member

I see your girlfriends improved a lot on the recording part lol. This video makes me sad because I want to play too! But from a dig
Old 04-21-2013, 07:30 PM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by TCStangerv6
I see your girlfriends improved a lot on the recording part lol. This video makes me sad because I want to play too! But from a dig
I made sure to tell her to keep the camera pointed at the car not straight out the window lol.
Old 04-21-2013, 08:30 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

75 shot through a blower is more like a 125. Should still be a damn close run with MRT on the juice though.

Ready for a rematch with that slow Cobra myself
Old 04-21-2013, 08:41 PM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Stone629
75 shot through a blower is more like a 125. Should still be a damn close run with MRT on the juice though.

Ready for a rematch with that slow Cobra myself
That's what i'm afraid of...his 75 acting like a 100-125, and my 100 only acting like 100 lol. Regardless...i'll need to every bit of a 25 hp jump just to even it out.
Old 04-21-2013, 08:47 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mrtstang
That's what i'm afraid of...his 75 acting like a 100-125, and my 100 only acting like 100 lol. Regardless...i'll need to every bit of a 25 hp jump just to even it out.
Go ahead with at least a 125, your trans can take it unlike mine, lol. But yea, a 75 through that blower is going to be a hell of a lot more that just a 75 unfortunately for you.

Which nitrous set-up you looking at?
Old 04-21-2013, 08:57 PM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

Go ahead with at least a 125, your trans can take it unlike mine, lol. But yea, a 75 through that blower is going to be a hell of a lot more that just a 75 unfortunately for you.

Which nitrous set-up you looking at?
Yeah you're probably right about Greddy on the 75 lol! My ride came with a really nice NX wet kit installed and everything. I just had to buy a timing adjuster box, and a bottle heater. Technically she is ready to go, but I want to throw it on the dyno first and verify a/f and WOT timing before I just assume lol.

To be honest with you Stone i'm not real happy with the current tune in my ride now, so i'm just sticking with a 100 for now. When I get a better custom tune i'll go ahead and hit it with a 125-150.

Aren't you doing nitrous as well? If so is it set up yet?
Old 04-21-2013, 09:11 PM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

The blue heads/cam T/A I raced a few months ago is also doing a 125/150 shot soon here. Lots of guys going the nitrous route around here lol. Some guys say my 75 will act more like a 100-125, some guys say it will just be a solid 75hp/150tq. Only time will tell I guess. Stone you can get your *** up here anytime so I can finally show you my sexy tail lights LOL.
Old 04-21-2013, 10:03 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mrtstang
Yeah you're probably right about Greddy on the 75 lol! My ride came with a really nice NX wet kit installed and everything. I just had to buy a timing adjuster box, and a bottle heater. Technically she is ready to go, but I want to throw it on the dyno first and verify a/f and WOT timing before I just assume lol.

To be honest with you Stone i'm not real happy with the current tune in my ride now, so i'm just sticking with a 100 for now. When I get a better custom tune i'll go ahead and hit it with a 125-150.

Aren't you doing nitrous as well? If so is it set up yet?
Whats up with your tune? Who did it? Running rich or what?

IDK man, I'm definitely planning on something more. Just got too many projects and debating nitrous or stroking. I've been tweeking my stall lock up in search for higher traps and finally got up to 118.5 twice today at the track, so its a process, lol.

Originally Posted by ctgreddy
The blue heads/cam T/A I raced a few months ago is also doing a 125/150 shot soon here. Lots of guys going the nitrous route around here lol. Some guys say my 75 will act more like a 100-125, some guys say it will just be a solid 75hp/150tq. Only time will tell I guess. Stone you can get your *** up here anytime so I can finally show you my sexy tail lights LOL.
Nitrous is just such an easy way to go faster, much faster. From what I've seen nitrous through a blower is inflated. Only one way to find out, so hurry up and do it.

Your tail lights? I don't understand, are you saying you want a car length head start or something? :P
Old 04-21-2013, 10:06 PM
ctgreddy
6th Gear Member

Whats up with your tune? Who did it? Running rich or what?

IDK man, I'm definitely planning on something more. Just got too many projects and debating nitrous or stroking. I've been tweeking my stall lock up in search for higher traps and finally got up to 118.5 twice today at the track, so its a process, lol.

Nitrous is just such an easy way to go faster, much faster. From what I've seen nitrous through a blower is inflated. Only one way to find out, so hurry up and do it.

Your tail lights? I don't understand, are you saying you want a car length head start or something? :P
Lol, that's a nice comeback, I'll give you that.
Old 04-21-2013, 10:40 PM
mrtstang
6th Gear Member

Stone, the a/f on my car is like 11.2 all the way to 5k where it leans out to about 12.2-12.5 until it hits the rev limiter at. That's way too rich from what I know. What do you think? I saw your thread over on LS1 tech btw...nice job on trapping 118! Shoot you might give me a good tun from a roll...who knows lol

Quick Reply: Cobra vs mrt's SS