Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

First kill in the 5.0

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2013, 10:54 PM
TRMach1
2nd Gear Member

Default First kill in the 5.0

Today on my way back from the beach I was cruising on the right lane and I see some bright blue lights behind me, then the car decides to get on the left lane. Once he gets there he slowly creeps up beside me, that's when I notice that it was a 350z. I heard him slowly downshift (exhaust was loud) so I decided to do it also, I downshifted to 2nd which had put me at 5k rpms. Yes I know way too high but hey I haven't even really messed with it just been keeping it cool. Anyways I downshift my car and I wait for the guy to hit it, as soon as he did I followed and I quickly got up on the rpms, we got to a red light and the dude wouldn't even look over lol. I kinda knew how it was going to end but hey I didn't look for the race he did.

Last edited by TRMach1; 07-05-2013 at 02:14 AM.
Old 06-10-2013, 11:47 PM
VistaBlueFrank68
2nd Gear Member

Yes they do feel like they want to take off. What does a fast looking Z370 run$ It's really a flashy car and you'd drop your jaw looking under the hood (looks like the USN enterprise with dilithium crystal power). But you know you got a good American chunk of steel when car dealers tell you people are buying plain GT's with nothing just to get that engine. I believe that red light is not a shift light - it's a red-line warning, go to long and your engine limiter will kick-in. Must check my owners manual.
Old 06-11-2013, 12:24 AM
TRMach1
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by VistaBlueFrank68
Yes they do feel like they want to take off. What does a fast looking Z370 run$ It's really a flashy car and you'd drop your jaw looking under the hood (looks like the USN enterprise with dilithium crystal power). But you know you got a good American chunk of steel when car dealers tell you people are buying plain GT's with nothing just to get that engine. I believe that red light is not a shift light - it's a red-line warning, go to long and your engine limiter will kick-in. Must check my owners manual.
Yes they do.. lol... Ooops nvm lol. I didn't keep it too long there but ahh hopefully I didn't cause any damage.
Old 06-11-2013, 01:06 AM
VistaBlueFrank68
2nd Gear Member

You can really see it at night the whole dash lights-up red. Unless you have a custom tune at a speed shop where they can hack that feature. I think it will shut your engine off like a fuse. I'm traveling so I can't get my owners manual.
Old 06-11-2013, 05:26 AM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Congrats on the 5.0! Hate to see the Mach go, but that new 5.0 is by far a faster more efficient car. Good kill on the 350. U need some real competition though
Old 06-11-2013, 09:33 AM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Nice kill bro.. Any pics??
Old 06-11-2013, 09:41 AM
TRMach1
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by VistaBlueFrank68
You can really see it at night the whole dash lights-up red. Unless you have a custom tune at a speed shop where they can hack that feature. I think it will shut your engine off like a fuse. I'm traveling so I can't get my owners manual.
Yes it was at night when It happened everything did light up, hmm I'll look it up in my owners manual then.

Originally Posted by Stone629
Congrats on the 5.0! Hate to see the Mach go, but that new 5.0 is by far a faster more efficient car. Good kill on the 350. U need some real competition though
Thanks! Yeah I hated to let the mach go, but yeah Idk for some reason the mach just felt faster. LOL yeah I know I wasn't looking for a race that 350 just came next to me and wanted to run it.

Originally Posted by Soldier GT
Nice kill bro.. Any pics??

Last edited by TRMach1; 07-05-2013 at 02:16 AM.
Old 06-11-2013, 09:47 AM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Dang bro she's beautiful.. Congrats.. Are you planning on modding her?
Old 06-11-2013, 10:06 AM
TRMach1
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Soldier GT
Dang bro she's beautiful.. Congrats.. Are you planning on modding her?
Thanks man, um for now I'm not sure because I have to ask the dealer what I can put on without them trying to void my warranty. I do want exhaust for sure, shes wayyyyy too quite.

BTW your car looks really good too. She looks sexy
Old 06-11-2013, 11:45 AM
Stkjock
Retired Mod

2nd was 100% the right gear to drop too, 3rd would have been too low in the RPM range.

good kill, the kid was asking for it

Quick Reply: First kill in the 5.0