Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

two kills today! lookin for a third and fourth this weekend!

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2013, 03:22 PM
97tplsGT
4th Gear Member

I don't think we need gears to keep up with the 3vs. They are pretty much tit for tat when talking mod for mod. There aren't a whole lot of stock 3.7s in the 13's, but I did manage 13.78 @ 101 bone stock with 2.73s. That's right there with the better-than-average stock 3v times.

As for mod for mod, here is a REAL $hitty example..... PLEASE try to ignore the mother-n-laws commentary, and the wife's noobness at recording

Granted, I outdrove the boy both passes that night. But he was on a dr (nitto, but still).

The v6 chargers/Camaros just aren't stacking up to what these 3.7s are doing. Tell the other fella with the '12 to put up or shut up

EDIT: Video "doesn't exist", but yet I watched it before posting lmao. IDK whats going on there. Basically, we were both cai/tune/3.73s, I had a midpipe, he had mufflers. I was on the stock Pzeros and he was on the triple-nickels.

Anyways, Im not sure of my point here, not trying to bash your car or praise mine, they're both stinkin a$$ Fords

Last edited by 97tplsGT; 07-31-2013 at 03:27 PM.
Old 07-31-2013, 04:16 PM
z28th1s
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 97tplsGT
I don't think we need gears to keep up with the 3vs. They are pretty much tit for tat when talking mod for mod. There aren't a whole lot of stock 3.7s in the 13's, but I did manage 13.78 @ 101 bone stock with 2.73s. That's right there with the better-than-average stock 3v times.

As for mod for mod, here is a REAL $hitty example..... PLEASE try to ignore the mother-n-laws commentary, and the wife's noobness at recording

2012 3.7l v6 m6 Mustang vs. 3v s197 m5 Mustang - YouTube

Granted, I outdrove the boy both passes that night. But he was on a dr (nitto, but still).

The v6 chargers/Camaros just aren't stacking up to what these 3.7s are doing. Tell the other fella with the '12 to put up or shut up

EDIT: Video "doesn't exist", but yet I watched it before posting lmao. IDK whats going on there. Basically, we were both cai/tune/3.73s, I had a midpipe, he had mufflers. I was on the stock Pzeros and he was on the triple-nickels.

Anyways, Im not sure of my point here, not trying to bash your car or praise mine, they're both stinkin a$$ Fords
The video will work if you click on the title at the top of the video. If you click on the 'arrow' button on the video you get 'video doesn't exist'. Stone had the same problem with the vid of him and his wife running the other day. Must be something acting funny on the forum.

OP, as my son said a manual trans 3.7 driven properly with any mods should give your GT all it can handle. Look at his and my signature to see what they are capable of with bolt-ons, tires and some decent driving.

Sharad is definitely the 'go to guy' for getting any of your suspension mods! UPR makes some great products!!
Old 07-31-2013, 08:15 PM
UPRSharad
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by z28th1s
Sharad is definitely the 'go to guy' for getting any of your suspension mods! UPR makes some great products!!
Comments like this make my work experience gratifying.
Old 07-31-2013, 09:19 PM
97tplsGT
4th Gear Member

Damn, I accidentally turned this into a 3v vs 3.7 thread, lol.

OP, any word on that skittle you were supposed to run? They, like any other factory-boosted car, can be pretty quick with little effort.. Take it from a lower roll (as low as you can without traction problems) and you shouldn't have a problem with a minor bolton srt4....

Edit: Thanks for the video info Dad, I saw Stone had problems but quickly forgot the remedy hahaha....

Last edited by 97tplsGT; 07-31-2013 at 09:52 PM.
Old 08-01-2013, 02:05 AM
crash
BrandofPoop

OP, any word on that skittle you were supposed to run? They, like any other factory-boosted car, can be pretty quick with little effort.. Take it from a lower roll (as low as you can without traction problems) and you shouldn't have a problem with a minor bolton srt4....

Edit: Thanks for the video info Dad, I saw Stone had problems but quickly forgot the remedy hahaha....
I can turn it into a 2v vs 3.7 if you'd like lol
Old 08-01-2013, 05:43 AM
97tplsGT
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by crash
I can turn it into a 2v vs 3.7 if you'd like lol
I would like it Crash, but you wouldn't think too much of the conversation
Old 08-01-2013, 11:08 AM
crash
BrandofPoop

I would like it Crash, but you wouldn't think too much of the conversation
Ya I know, just messing around. Your car has proved to be well worth it honestly.
Old 08-01-2013, 02:51 PM
97tplsGT
4th Gear Member

Im just kidding ya too bro. I try not to come off as bigheaded or cocky about my car, because its just not that special, lol. It runs decent, no matter the cylinder count. We always shoot the **** back and forth, I hope you don't ever take anything personally.

OP, I'm sorry about the massive derailment of your thread. Get ya a gopro so we can see that 3v in action!
Old 08-02-2013, 11:28 AM
YoungBlood
1st Gear Member

On paper the 3v is faster (13.3 vs a 13.7 1/4) and both 0-60's on paper are the same almost, but honestly with a couple bolts on to either, as you proved, it can be a drivers race!

Well turns out the chick who owns it has to go to court this month for driving with a suspended license! So not a clue when I'll get to race it at this point...
I'm gonna be doing some test n tune drags soon, then some midnughts drags (local bracket racing sorta deal) and I'll make sure I bring someone to film that!
Im just kidding ya too bro. I try not to come off as bigheaded or cocky about my car, because its just not that special, lol. It runs decent, no matter the cylinder count. We always shoot the **** back and forth, I hope you don't ever take anything personally.

OP, I'm sorry about the massive derailment of your thread. Get ya a gopro so we can see that 3v in action!
Yeah I need one!
Old 08-02-2013, 12:01 PM
PurpleIcedGT
6th Gear Member

Youngblood, you are in fact, incorrect. the new V6's are a drivers race with the nod towards the v6 with a 3v.
#technology bro

Quick Reply: two kills today! lookin for a third and fourth this weekend!