Street/Strip Raced a guy from a light? Had that ride of yours on the timed track? Tell your story here.

335i vs 5.0

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2014, 09:40 AM
TRMach1
2nd Gear Member

Default 335i vs 5.0

Last night I had another encounter with a 335i. The guy was suppose to race an srt4 but the srt4 chickened out so he asked If I wanted to try them out and I said sure. He was supposedly tuned with 370s,Mustangs,srt4s you name it all under his belt with easy wins. Said he was pushing 385 to the wheels but I asked If he had took it to a dyno and he said no that his tuner which is supposedly the best told him that's what it should have. Both have a passenger, only thing I have are axle backs.

He raced my friends mustang and ended up passing him, I didn't want to pass my friend (seems like a crappy move) but since I really wanted to see what the bmw had I decided to see If I could catch up to him to get an idea of what he had before I ran him since he was really confident.

Last edited by TRMach1; 04-06-2014 at 11:12 AM.
Old 04-06-2014, 10:57 AM
crash
BrandofPoop

Well I'm happy that the 2v out launched the 335i. Lol. Nice to see you put a hurting on him though. 335i's have such potential to be monsters. Nice kill!
Old 04-06-2014, 11:02 AM
Carcrazycorey1
2nd Gear Member

I've been in a 13 5.0 with BOSS IM, dyno tune, Airaid cai, short shifter, and other small bolt ons vs a 335i with an intercooler, tune, intake, and other bolts ons as well. The cars very similar power wise and the rolls from 40 were making almost every run dead even. The 5.0 did pull a bit more in the top, and both cars had a passenger. The 335i is quick, and especially quick with just a couple bolt ons. The 5.0 still pulled through though
Old 04-06-2014, 12:46 PM
TRMach1
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by crash
Well I'm happy that the 2v out launched the 335i. Lol. Nice to see you put a hurting on him though. 335i's have such potential to be monsters. Nice kill!
Lol same here, we knew he was gonna launch way harder than the bmw. If only the 2v had top end, he wants to run nitrous or something to get it moving.

Originally Posted by Carcrazycorey1
I've been in a 13 5.0 with BOSS IM, dyno tune, Airaid cai, short shifter, and other small bolt ons vs a 335i with an intercooler, tune, intake, and other bolts ons as well. The cars very similar power wise and the rolls from 40 were making almost every run dead even. The 5.0 did pull a bit more in the top, and both cars had a passenger. The 335i is quick, and especially quick with just a couple bolt ons. The 5.0 still pulled through though
Those 335is are definitely fast, I've seen how with simple mods those things gain a ton of power. I honestly thought I was going to lose because of how easily they can acquire more power and the two guys were really confident saying how they have never lost to anything since tuning it and well my car is bone stock with the exception of axle backs.
Old 04-07-2014, 03:34 PM
Carcrazycorey1
2nd Gear Member

You did great man, and the bimmer definitely responds to mods well.
Old 04-07-2014, 09:05 PM
Stone629
6th Gear Member

Wow, that 335 wasn't even a match for the 5.0. I thought it was going to be much closer than that. Good runs. I like the 2V's launch, if he sprays it with a solid 150 or so, he should walk that 335 pretty bad and at least keep up with you.
Old 04-07-2014, 10:28 PM
TRMach1
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Carcrazycorey1
You did great man, and the bimmer definitely responds to mods well.
Thanks man, yes they do big time.

Originally Posted by Stone629
Wow, that 335 wasn't even a match for the 5.0. I thought it was going to be much closer than that. Good runs. I like the 2V's launch, if he sprays it with a solid 150 or so, he should walk that 335 pretty bad and at least keep up with you.
Honestly I was sure I was going to lose. But as soon as I pulled the excuses started pouring in but not by the driver but from the passenger "he doesn't know how to race from a dig only 20 and 40 roll, he put it in D instead of using the paddle shifters" but they sure were happy and laughing and not complaining when they did the dig with the 2v. The driver actually said "man that thing pulls hard" so I guess he was ok until the passenger kept on making excuses so the driver went along with him. Wish we could have done a 40 but we saw a couple of popos so we ended our trip to mexico.

Yeah that 2v has a great launch with the 315s that he has, he wants nitrous but his car has 190k miles so he isn't sure If he should do that. I was also thinking that he could probably be close or pull on me with nitrous, if he does its fine as long as he can beat the bmw. Lol I just didn't like how they were so cocky and saying that the 2v would be an easy kill.
Old 04-08-2014, 05:43 AM
PurpleIcedGT
6th Gear Member

I have a feeling that 335 is stock & running on a stock tune. Not taking anything away from the 5.0, but my buddy has one of those with a tuner on it and it runs like a raped ape comparably to the one in the video.
Sick 5.0 and the 335 owner is stock and a liar.
Old 04-08-2014, 08:45 AM
TRMach1
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by PurpleIcedGT
I have a feeling that 335 is stock & running on a stock tune. Not taking anything away from the 5.0, but my buddy has one of those with a tuner on it and it runs like a raped ape comparably to the one in the video.
Sick 5.0 and the 335 owner is stock and a liar.
Ehh idk, I already raced another one completely stock same year and everything and beat him worse. It's also on my YouTube account I think I had posted it up here when it happened. But could be stock you never know.
Old 04-08-2014, 09:36 AM
okbfd
4th Gear Member

Your 5.0 sounds great. I was pretty suprised that you walked him that hard. Seems like if he was modded it didn't take. Driver mod from a roll is minimal.

Quick Reply: 335i vs 5.0